HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Nov 20, 2018, 5:24 PM

I wouldn't waste your time. The city will go with whatever plan is the least dense+widest roads+most parking lots/driveways+most single family sprawl.

I wasted too much time in the 90's at meetings for Vision 2020. Here we are 2 years away and no closer to building proper communities now than we were then.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2018, 6:21 PM

Concept 3 is clearly the best option I think. It blends the higher density solutions to transit, walkability, and denser areas, with the want for low density residential. The main bus lines and bicycle routes would have higher density, and hopefully have mixed use nodes between which people could transit.

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Nov 20, 2018, 6:42 PM

I would agree…concept 3 is the only one that even remotely starts to come close to being a half-decent community. Still, the vast majority is single family sprawl hoods. And even if by chance the city officially goes with #3, the mixed use area will end up being more power centre than Westdale Village.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs