HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 17, 2020, 12:56 AM

Site preparation is underway for the 32 unit apartment building across from the Riverview mall. The town will be doing installation of water and sanitary service next week on Coverdale Rd. where this building will be.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2020, 8:27 PM

Holy Whale Brewery will be moving its operation indoors. They will be the anchor tenant in the Chocolat River Station from Nov. 2020 to March 31th, 2021.

To note, Cordova Realty takes possession of the building the following day.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2020, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Holy Whale Brewery will be moving its operation indoors. They will be the anchor tenant in the Chocolat River Station from Nov. 2020 to March 31th, 2021.

I think they've done well this summer. Every time I've been by, there were a lot of people there.

I wonder if Cordova will start construction on their new building at this location next summer. They also have the other building planned on Coverdale by the golf course road. Some time back, they stated that they were planning to start construction on it this summer, but looks like they didn't make it.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

That's this building:

So, they are going to call it The Tides. That's good to know. Sorta goes along with the other project they have planned for Coverdale Road (The Current).

I'm excited to hear they plan to begin construction later this summer!
Finally starting something with this. Just drove by and Phillips Bros. pickups are on site dropping off equipment.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post

This is great. It will be called Holy Whale Beer Hall which is very fitting with the space, and many larger cities have "beer halls". Thinking of Harpoon in Boston as an example.

This is the kind of creativity you need during a pandemic, with some of these larger open spaces sitting empty that could be offered for temporary discount. Having something with more air flow is likely to get customers who might be otherwise cautious of attending a crammed space. A win-win.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 7:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Finally starting something with this. Just drove by and Phillips Bros. pickups are on site dropping off equipment.
I drove by as well, and at present, there is one excavator on site. No earth has been moved yet, but there certainly appears to be something afoot.

Given the lateness of the season, I suspect initial site prep this fall, with construction in earnest beginning next spring.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 1:13 PM

Apartment building on Runnymead is moving ahead fast. Foundation is already done for first building. There are no powerlines on that section of Runnymead or street lighting. Maybe that will be put in place when the extension of Runnymead to Bridgedale is finishing up. I'm not sure if street lighting is up on Bridgedale either.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 7:39 PM

One business I'd like to see set up shop in Riverview is Starbucks. I can't imagine it happening any time soon under the circumstances, but maybe eventually they could open. When Cordova builds their 10 floor twin towers project where the chocolate river station is, perhaps it could be one of their ground floor businesses. They'd obviously have a built in clientele with all the tenants. I think it would do very good.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 2:33 AM

Quote:
I drove by as well, and at present, there is one excavator on site. No earth has been moved yet, but there certainly appears to be something afoot.

Given the lateness of the season, I suspect initial site prep this fall, with construction in earnest beginning next spring.
Drove by this evening. The excavator is gone. Doesn't look like much was done, if anything.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 12:18 PM
Random Contributor

The railings have been installed for the pedestrian walkway and lookouts.

Looks like a good match for the other bridge. Let's hope they used a different supplier for the paint.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2020, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
The railings have been installed for the pedestrian walkway and lookouts.

Looks like a good match for the other bridge. Let's hope they used a different supplier for the paint.
Except for the pavement on the roadway itself, the whole structure is finished. Once they close the causeway, they will be able to build the approaches to it. I suspect that they will be able to get a considerable amount done on the Moncton side before they have to close the causeway.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2020, 2:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Except for the pavement on the roadway itself, the whole structure is finished. Once they close the causeway, they will be able to build the approaches to it. I suspect that they will be able to get a considerable amount done on the Moncton side before they have to close the causeway.
The vast amount of the work left to do is essentially earth moving - the creation of the new river channel, the bolstering of the new riverbank, and the creation of the the bridge approaches. The amount of work done so far is impressive, but you ain't seen nuttin' yet! Next year will be extremely active. I believe they intend to have the "causeway" closed for three months during final construction.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 1:04 AM

Quote:
The vast amount of the work left to do is essentially earth moving - the creation of the new river channel, the bolstering of the new riverbank, and the creation of the the bridge approaches. The amount of work done so far is impressive, but you ain't seen nuttin' yet! Next year will be extremely active. I believe they intend to have the "causeway" closed for three months during final construction.
Yeah one of the big challenges will be filling in the existing river channel and removing the dam gates once the new channel is finished. Do you know if they plan on continuing to do earth moving throughout the winter? If so, I would love to see them be ready to shut the causeway down in like April, May & June rather than June, July and August.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 9:56 AM

I was informed by a counselor Thursday that work will continue thoughout the winter months. It will be ALL earth moving and gate removal.

They are still on track for a May/June closure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Yeah one of the big challenges will be filling in the existing river channel and removing the dam gates once the new channel is finished. Do you know if they plan on continuing to do earth moving throughout the winter? If so, I would love to see them be ready to shut the causeway down in like April, May & June rather than June, July and August.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 11:36 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Speak of the devil...…….

Riverview already preparing for major traffic disruption next spring
Causeway between Moncton and Riverview will close for six months
Kate Letterick · CBC News · Posted: Oct 26, 2020 8:00 AM AT | Last Updated: 21 minutes ago
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...eway-1.5775202

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
At first I thought something changed after you were saying 3 months, but it is 6, not 3.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 12:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
At first I thought something changed after you were saying 3 months, but it is 6, not 3.
Yes, I misspoke.

Six months seems like a long time though...…...

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Speak of the devil...…….
More proof that CBC and CTV and Brunswick reporters keep an eye on these boards for topics to talk about.

Sounds/looks like an impressive amount of work happening. Annoying if you need to use that area for your commute but hopefully short term pain for long term gain.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
More proof that CBC and CTV and Brunswick reporters keep an eye on these boards for topics to talk about.

Sounds/looks like an impressive amount of work happening. Annoying if you need to use that area for your commute but hopefully short term pain for long term gain.
This is probably the perfect example of them reading these forums. They wrote a news article about the causeway bridge literally days after we were talking about the exact same thing. It’s all most like they’re big brother.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2020, 8:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I see that Bridgedale Blvd is freshly paved (at least the western portion where it intersects Gunningsville Blvd), and that street lights are being installed. I presume they are looking at a December 1st opening date.

Also, they have cleared all the trees off the lot at the SE corner of Gunningsville and Quinn Court. Does anyone know if any construction is imminent? I presume it will be another apartment building.........

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces