HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 8:55 AM

Hines Breaks Ground On ‘Residences At RiNo’ in Denver’s River North Arts District

Quote:
October 12th 2020

(DENVER) – Hines, the international real estate firm, along with investment partner Cresset-Diversified QOZ Fund, today announced the start of construction on Residences at RiNo, a luxury for-rent residential community at the entryway to Denver’s rapidly expanding River North Arts District (RiNo).

The midrise project, located within North Wynkoop’s innovative 1.25 million-square-foot mixed-use development, is the fourth joint venture between Hines and Cresset-Diversified, comprising over $600 million in Opportunity Zone developments around the country. Residences at RiNo is expected to achieve LEED Gold certification upon completion, demonstrating both Hines’ and Cresset-Diversified’s continued commitment to sustainability.
https://www.hines.com/news/hines-bre...-arts-district

Old Posted Jan 21, 2021, 12:08 AM

It's been a while since the Denver thread was updated. Anything new in the pipeline?

I was so disappointed to see the 81-story tower cancelled but the Denver Post had a story in 2019 about several 30-story highrises are on the way.

Denver may be home soon and I'd like nothing more than to see an already impressive skyline (for its size) expand even further.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 6:29 PM

Covid has delayed most big projects sadly.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2021, 12:38 PM

Bringing here, from the Downtown thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriandrade View Post
Downtown Denver

---------------------------------- 2020 ------ 2010 ------ 2000 ------ 1990 ------ Growth ------ Density

Downtown ---------------------- 15,198 ------- 7,998 ------ 4,181 ------ 2,795 ---- 90.0% ---- 91.3% --- 49.6% ------- 2.3 km² --- 6,736.7 inh./km²

Central Denver ----------------- 74,256 ----- 49,710 ----- 38,836 ----- 33,612 ---- 49.4% ---- 28.0% --- 15.5% ------ 15.4 km² --- 4,872.1 inh./km²

Denver CSA ---------------- 3,623,560 -- 3,090,874 -- 2,610,343 -- 2,008,684 ---- 17.2% ---- 18.4% --- 30.0% -- 33,815 km²

Not so much here in SSP, but one of the most hyped cities around. I worked with two definitions here, one more strict (Union Station + CBD), that serves better the purpose of this thread, and a broader one (CBD, Union Station, Auraria, Lincoln Park, Civic Center, Capitol Hill, North Capitol Hill and Five Points. As census tracts match perfectly with the official neighbourhoods, we have pretty exact figures.

Downtown (CBD + Union) is growing at insane rates, following the national trend. I imagine there are lots of infill going on, maybe parking lots turned into highrises, etc.

For the broader area, we have some traditional residential districts (Capitol Hill, N. Capital Hill) where density was already high from the beginning, so growth doesn't seem that spectacular. On the other hand, Five Points (according to Google and Wikipedia it's "the coolest district"), growth is like fire, specially on the census tract where the railyards are. This one had 8 (!!!) people in 1990, 140 in 2000, 1,257 in 2010 and 5,167 in 2020.

I said I'd avoid to make comparisons, but it caught my attention how this broader definition for Central Denver have so many similarities with Downtown Los Angeles (regarding numbers only). They have the same size, pretty much the same population in 2000, 2010 and 2020 and the same growth rates. Obviously, on the ground, things are completely different as they have distinct weight and function inside their metro areas.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2021, 12:27 PM

One River North
MAD Architects
16-story residential tower
Denver’s River North Art District (RiNo)

Last edited by Vladimir_MCP; Nov 13, 2021 at 12:39 PM.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2021, 9:55 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_MCP View Post
Welcome to the Forum!!! This is easily the best first post ive ever seen

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2021, 7:43 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_MCP View Post
One River North
MAD Architects
16-story residential tower
Denver’s River North Art District (RiNo)

I absolutely love this design. Is it actually going to be financed & built?

On another note...my job may have me moving to your fabulous, gorgeous, city! Fingers crossed.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2021, 4:25 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

One River North is amazing and hope it gets built. So far, all of MAD's projects have lived up to the renderings.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Nov 17, 2021, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
One River North is amazing and hope it gets built. So far, all of MAD's projects have lived up to the renderings.
It is already under construction.

See this post on DenverInfill: https://denverinfill.com/2021/10/tow...ver-north.html

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 4:17 PM
DENNAB

Article is from July but not sure if anyone has shared this yet.

Seems potentially cool. Anyone know more about this?

Aimco spinoff plans 53-story tower rising from downtown buildings

https://businessden.com/2022/07/01/a...own-buildings/

Last edited by Zapatan; Sep 15, 2022 at 6:20 AM.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2022, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Article is from July but not sure if anyone has shared this yet.

Seems potentially cool. Anyone know more about this?

Aimco spinoff plans 53-story tower rising from downtown buildings

https://businessden.com/2022/07/01/a...own-buildings/
Champa Tower is proposed to include +/-570 apartments with a height of +/-600 feet. Two historic buildings are proposed to be incorporated into the building.

Here is a massing study submitted to the City for review:

Old Posted Jul 3, 2023, 10:26 PM

Bumping this thread. Any updates coming out of Denver? Whatever happened to Champa Tower? I'm kind of surprised how 'sleepy' Denver is. It would be nice to see some new, cutting edge towers go up -- potentially challenging the buildings that have long lost their luster like the Cash Register Building.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2023, 11:46 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
Bumping this thread. Any updates coming out of Denver? Whatever happened to Champa Tower? I'm kind of surprised how 'sleepy' Denver is. It would be nice to see some new, cutting edge towers go up -- potentially challenging the buildings that have long lost their luster like the Cash Register Building.
Updates will be posted if there are any. I agree though, it's infuriatingly disappointing how sleepy most of the US is development wise, especially in booming cities like Denver.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2023, 4:56 AM
Space Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
I absolutely love this design. Is it actually going to be financed & built?
The answer to this question is yes. It's almost finished now.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2023, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
Long time follower of this forum and this is my first post, but I'm surprised there isn't more coverage of the projects going on here in Denver. There is a lot currently under construction and some more projects being proposed.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2024, 8:49 PM

Living in Denver and seeing the volume of projects that are going up in the Mile High City, I am shocked that there is little conversation in this thread. Some great things happening in Denver, however I feel the skyline is aging poorly.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations