HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
The 60 story tower is still going through approvals. While it's looking good that it will pass all approvals. Keep in mind this is Nashville. And, Nashville always manages to get in the way with tall buildings like this one. Also, groundbreaking is not anticipated till January of 2023. TG seems to be moving things along at a good pace. But, I'm not holding my breath that this will start sooner rather than later. I hope that I'm wrong. Because, construction costs are rising and will continue to rise with the Feds upping interest rates and supply issues. So, the sooner this is finalized and gets started the better.

I read that some NY developers are locking in prices for building materials for proposed projects. I wonder if TG is attempting to do the same considering that he'll have multiple projects going on at once.
Just a quick heads up on this. You know who I am and another person (Taylor) that closely watches the permits in Nashville. Below are the final docs for this project and also the final meeting is set for the permits. I know Tony and he is trying to get this started well before the end of the year.
In the below permit there are three pdf's that are related for the mass grading of the site to begin. I have heard a late summer or early fall start date as a strong possibility.

The project on the KVB round-about (800 LEA) is also moving forward and will hinge on the start of the Ritz-Carlton which is also about to start as permits are about to drop for that one as well.

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/per...itNumber%20ASC

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
This site will also include a 4,000-seat concert hall, movie theaters, exclusive shopping and eating and will be two blocks away from lower Broad, one of the hottest entertainment districts in America. So to answer your question, likely not.

BTW, the picture above was created by yours truly from a Channel 5 helicopter picture and posted for the URBAN PLANET website.

Well, not everyone goes to that website and doesn't have nearly the traffic this one does and feel like what's going on in Nashville deserves broadcasting, regardless. Good work.

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Strangely, I’ve not heard any concerns expressed about the effect an expanding war might have on projects.
I don't think it would be the war. But more so rising costs for supplies and transportation. In addition to rising interest rates and inflation. Fortunately today it was announced that inflation went down a bit. It's still high but if it starts trending downward that would be a good sign overall.

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
The 60 story tower is still going through approvals. While it's looking good that it will pass all approvals. Keep in mind this is Nashville. And, Nashville always manages to get in the way with tall buildings like this one. Also, groundbreaking is not anticipated till January of 2023. TG seems to be moving things along at a good pace. But, I'm not holding my breath that this will start sooner rather than later. I hope that I'm wrong. Because, construction costs are rising and will continue to rise with the Feds upping interest rates and supply issues. So, the sooner this is finalized and gets started the better.

I read that some NY developers are locking in prices for building materials for proposed projects. I wonder if TG is attempting to do the same considering that he'll have multiple projects going on at once.

Why don't you tell us what projects Nashville has stopped because of height since the 2010's. How many projects have been stopped because of height. Please provide facts.

Last edited by cecilism; May 11, 2022 at 8:26 PM.

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
Just a quick heads up on this. You know who I am and another person (Taylor) that closely watches the permits in Nashville. Below are the final docs for this project and also the final meeting is set for the permits. I know Tony and he is trying to get this started well before the end of the year.
In the below permit there are three pdf's that are related for the mass grading of the site to begin. I have heard a late summer or early fall start date as a strong possibility.

The project on the KVB round-about (800 LEA) is also moving forward and will hinge on the start of the Ritz-Carlton which is also about to start as permits are about to drop for that one as well.

Why would the start of 800 Lea hinge on the start of the Ritz Carlton buildings.

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
Why would the start of 800 Lea hinge on the start of the Ritz Carlton buildings.
It's never been a competition about tall buildings. Yes, some buildings actually went down, but others went up in height like most of the ones at Nashville Yards. That project started out modest and got bigger and then bigger again. You win some and you lose some. I do not keep a score card because it is not important to me. We get what we get. I don't cry over what we don't get.

Why are some of you folks hung up on height. Nashville will not have a building over 750' unless something changes with the FAA period, or someone wants to go over that height and not get insurance.

The reasoning with 800 Lea is he wants to make sure the Ritz project starts before committing to his project. He is being cautious. It's called synergy. One project feeds off another project. It's just like fast food chains or hotels, when one builds others come to the same intersection. I worked in the hotel business for years and that was one of the keys for new development. You did not want to be the new kid at the interchange when developing a suburban hotel. The same sort of held true in Nashville when the Hilton Garden was built up on KVB. They were the first one on that side of SoBro and everyone thought they were crazy.

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 1:05 AM

I took a snippet from the FOX17 webcam last night:

https://fox17.com/news/local/fox-17-...ty-cam-network

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:

Thanks for that information!!!

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 12:27 PM

I didn’t think that Ritz-Carlton was in doubt ? Just some site technicalities ?

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 2:52 PM

Quote:
I didn’t think that Ritz-Carlton was in doubt ? Just some site technicalities ?
Ritz is moving right along, I’d imagine we’ll see ground breaking within a few months based on the permit applications coming through.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2022, 2:30 PM

New Hotel for 8th & Demonbreun

A 35 story hotel has been proposed for the corner of Rosa Parks Blvd (8th Ave South) and Demonbreun. The hotel is rumored to be a Marriott branded hotel with 750 rooms.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 12:19 AM
Future God

This one was also recently announced. 621 Middleton will be a 27 story, 280 foot residential tower on 1.2 acres to be developed by T2 Capital Management, LLC out of Chicago. It will feature 3 segments of 23, 25, and 27 stories, with 405 residential units (none will be STR), 14,770 sq. ft. of ground level retail, and an internal garage with 439 capacity. Hastings Architecture will be in charge of design.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...891591d25.html

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 7:41 PM

A couple of more items of note. Number one being The Post Road Group out of CT bought the 601 Lafayette St. Site for 19 million, about an acre parcel and is planning a high-rise residential tower, No word on how tall that would be but assuming it will be in the 20-30 story range.
Number two, Portman Holdings Group bought the 10 acre or so 11 North apartments site and is planning a mixed-used project of at least 3 16 story buildings.

The lawsuit that was holding back the 2nd & Peabody 3 tower project and the 500 2nd Ave 3 tower project has evidently been decided in favor of Metro and the developers. So, those project are seemingly able to move forward.
Peabody Union a 25 story on Rolling Mill Hill has broken ground. The airport has announced another 1.2 billion dollar expansion.
Right now there are 51 tower cranes up in Nashville.

Here is an updated proposed building list. There are 3 rumored towers at the dairy site on Church Street next to the Hines project as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9ks10Q-bc/edit

Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 7:49 PM

I’m almost getting bored with towers and want juicy news on transit plans.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 8:51 PM

I just got a look at the capital spending budget for next year and all I can say is Cooper has to be replaced. There is only spending for a few studies over the next few years, nothing more, nothing less in the amount of about 3 million dollars.
Oh there are sidewalks yadya Yada yada, but that is not in the transportation budget.

That will be the biggest issue facing Nashville and this Mayor has his head buried in the sidewalks and greenways thinking that is a solution. People are not going to ride or walk 5,10 or 20 miles to downtown to work considering Nashville is the 4th worse city for bikes in the country.
This administration has NO PLAN and never has had one other than to have no plan.
I think the voters will end up speaking rather loudly next year as there are already 4 great candidates already announced against the current mayor.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 9:15 PM

It does seem interesting to me that the many businesses and residents, that are moving to Nashville, do not appear to be the least bit deterred by lack of transit. Or maybe they’re just assuming that the massive influx will create a tipping point ?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 6:28 AM

Quote:
It does seem interesting to me that the many businesses and residents, that are moving to Nashville, do not appear to be the least bit deterred by lack of transit. Or maybe they’re just assuming that the massive influx will create a tipping point ?
One can only hope. What Nashville is getting right with their airport expansion versus Austin Bergstrom, Austin counters with their enormous transit plan that passed after what, 3/4/5 times?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
One can only hope. What Nashville is getting right with their airport expansion versus Austin Bergstrom, Austin counters with their enormous transit plan that passed after what, 3/4/5 times?
Is an airport link still under discussion ?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 1:35 PM

As far as I know it is. I suspect it will be funded by the airport authority and the CVB.
The CVB/MCC has land on Lafayette they purchased a number of years ago for a transit hub that is just sitting empty.

This would facilitate a line from BNA up Murfreesboro Rd. There is no funding in place for any of that right now.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 1:50 PM

Quote:
As far as I know it is. I suspect it will be funded by the airport authority and the CVB.
The CVB/MCC has land on Lafayette they purchased a number of years ago for a transit hub that is just sitting empty.

This would facilitate a line from BNA up Murfreesboro Rd. There is no funding in place for any of that right now.
Perhaps a start.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations