HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Mar 19, 2021, 4:15 PM

[Halifax] Main & Titus | 22 m | 7 fl | Proposed

New proposal by Lydon Lynch Architects on behalf of United Gulf to extend the C2C zoning (Dutch Village Commercial) onto adjacent properties and a few other requested changes to allow for 119 residential units, 3'330 sq ft of commercial and 178 underground parking stalls. This seven storey building will be on the southeast corner of Main & Titus which is kitty corner KFC and behind Subway.

Case 23245 Initiation Report for Regional Council

Lydon Lynch Architects (see link above)

Old Posted Mar 19, 2021, 6:22 PM
Somewhat Pretentious

Looks good and pretty standard in design for what we’ve been seeing in Fairview.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2021, 6:26 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

It's a nice site for infill.

I wonder what the plan is for some of the low density semi-suburban retail around this neighbourhood. It would be good to keep some of it around and encourage it to improve organically over time. It would be a shame if all of those small buildings were replaced with developments of this style. I don't get the feeling that HRM planning really addresses that dynamic.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2021, 6:41 PM
Somewhat Pretentious

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
It's a nice site for infill.

I wonder what the plan is for some of the low density semi-suburban retail around this neighbourhood. It would be good to keep some of it around and encourage it to improve organically over time. It would be a shame if all of those small buildings were replaced with developments of this style. I don't get the feeling that HRM planning really addresses that dynamic.
I do wonder what the impact of losing this retail will be. A tailor, laundromat or an auto shop may not be the most spectacular businesses but they are the type of things that are more essential to locals than a gastropub. I can picture Fairview getting more media coverage on Gentrification in the future. Halifax examiner recently had an opinion piece by a local expressing dissatisfaction with the changes.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2022, 6:44 AM

Nice, I like it.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2022, 8:53 PM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Baklava View Post
I do wonder what the impact of losing this retail will be. A tailor, laundromat or an auto shop may not be the most spectacular businesses but they are the type of things that are more essential to locals than a gastropub. I can picture Fairview getting more media coverage on Gentrification in the future. Halifax examiner recently had an opinion piece by a local expressing dissatisfaction with the changes.
Fairview was a scary place a few years ago, both literally and aesthetically.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Baklava View Post
It'll be interesting to see what these new developments bring. Lots of big footprint developments in a ~1km radius of this particular development, which typically means big bills for retail space.

I don't see the "old" Fairview (retail side of it that is) going away any time soon. Seems those spots are busy as always and there's been a few new inclusions to the neighbourhood that add to the vibrancy.

Would love to see a couple coffee shops though :-)

Old Posted Apr 5, 2023, 11:11 AM

This one passed at Council last night.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs