HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
Does anyone know if they are using a full size crane on this site? A few weeks ago they installed the base for one, but pulled it out a few days later.

I walked around the block on Thursday and couldn’t see evidence a new crane was going in.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 10:17 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by el conquistador View Post
Does anyone know if they are using a full size crane on this site? A few weeks ago they installed the base for one, but pulled it out a few days later.

I walked around the block on Thursday and couldn’t see evidence a new crane was going in.
I also noticed that, but I'm assuming one will be used based on the heighth of the building?

Here's a link to photos I shot this past weekend which includes a new crane on Myrtle. The cranes are popping up downtown.

Please excuse the huge pile of leaves
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=121
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 3:20 PM

Guys,

Quote:
https://www.idahostatesman.com/enter...237290244.html

Um, ladies? Check this (and Idaho guys) out: Boise is No. 2 Most Handsome City in America
Quote:
https://www.groominglounge.com/thelo...es-in-america/

And America’s Most-Handsome Cities Are…

While handsomeness may be subjective, the criteria relied on in this survey measure the men in each city’s commitment to a great appearance. GroomingLounge.com based the findings on the following criteria: amount spent on personal care services per man, spend on personal care products per man, spend on shaving needs per man, spend on apparel per man and the fittest cities in the nation.
1.Arlington, VA
2.Boise City, ID
3.Madison, WI
4.Seattle, WA
5.Portland, OR
6.Lincoln, NE
7.Denver, CO
8.Scottsdale, AZ
9.St. Petersburg, FL
10.Colorado Springs, CO

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 3:54 PM

Quote:
I also noticed that, but I'm assuming one will be used based on the heighth of the building?

Here's a link to photos I shot this past weekend which includes a new crane on Myrtle. The cranes are popping up downtown.

Please excuse the huge pile of leaves
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=121
Crane stand went up yesterday. I don't have a good way to post pics yet, but I got a shot as I was heading to my car.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 3:18 PM

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300958853.html

Perspecta to Break Ground on a New Landmark Facility in Boise, Idaho Region

Quote:
CHANTILLY, Va., Nov. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Perspecta Inc. (NYSE: PRSP), a leading U.S. government services provider, announced today that it will break ground in a ceremony this morning on a new Class A facility in Meridian, Idaho. The new location is a highly-sought destination for technology firms and innovative talent in the metro Boise region.

The construction project represents approximately $5 million in capital investment by Perspecta and will support more than 500 employees. The new space allows Perspecta to grow a nearly 20-year presence in the Boise area, supporting multiple federal, state and local U.S. government customers, including the U.S. Navy.

Perspecta recently decided to expand its local workforce in the Boise region, which consists of engineers, analysts, business operations experts, software developers and technical support staff.
https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/102...=publish&w=650

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 4:17 PM
All man. Half nuts.

why do these "landmark facilities" look exactly like hundreds of other "landmark facilities" around the country?

seriously, this building is identical to the pioneer crossing building downtown--same ugly facade, same boxy shape, same height, same dimensions.

zero points for creativity.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post

seriously, this building is identical to the pioneer crossing building downtown--same ugly facade, same boxy shape, same height, same dimensions.
Your comment right there describes why,
This is going out at the Gardner/BVA Ten Mile development, who uses the same designs for all their office buildings, regardless of context. If you drive down I-15 south of Salt Lake, you see the same repeated building everywhere...

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 2:49 PM

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...237407919.html

Art Deco apartments to be demolished. Here’s what is planned to go in their place

https://www.idahostatesman.com/lates...placement4.JPG

Quote:
When Creed Herbold contemplated tearing down a 1937 Art Deco apartment building and replacing it with a modern condominium building, he wanted something he could be proud of and that fit into the neighborhood at 16th and Bannock Streets.
Quote:
Herbold hopes to begin work next June, tearing down the three-story Travis Apartments with their 10 small, one-bedroom apartments that rented for $825 a month. Construction on the new building is expected to take 12 to months months, he said.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...237407919.html

Art Deco apartments to be demolished. Here’s what is planned to go in their place

https://www.idahostatesman.com/lates...placement4.JPG
Not sure how I feel about this one. If there is something structurally wrong with the older building, then yeah, I could see it. But, there is a big ol' empty lot less than a block away (yeah, I know the last time there was a proposal there, the TV station next door thew a fit). I'm just saying that it feels like there should be better options available.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 1:53 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 3:12 PM

5G update:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/372066/ve...-coverage-maps

Verizon Unveils 5G Coverage Maps

Verizon now shows you exactly where it has 5G in each of the 18 cities it covers. That's a big step forward

Sascha Segan Icon By Sascha Segan
November 19, 2019 5:39PM EST

Quote:
The new maps make bold claims. Verizon now has some 5G in 18 cities, and it says it will have 30 by the end of the year. At least outdoors, Verizon says it covers almost all of downtown Boise, Idaho, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, with 5G, for instance. In Chicago, Verizon's new map pledges coverage pretty much all throughout the Loop, West Loop, and River North.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 9:08 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
5G update:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/372066/ve...-coverage-maps

Verizon Unveils 5G Coverage Maps

Verizon now shows you exactly where it has 5G in each of the 18 cities it covers. That's a big step forward

Sascha Segan Icon By Sascha Segan
November 19, 2019 5:39PM EST

if a land line was good enough for my grandparents, it's good enough for me!!!

<shakes fist at cloud>

source

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 9:55 PM

Quote:
if a land line was good enough for my grandparents, it's good enough for me!!!

<shakes fist at cloud>
lol.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 10:02 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/bois...es-in-the-us-1

Boise, Idaho, has been called the best place for millennials to live in the US. I spent 4 days there, and a walk through downtown makes it clear why it's so popular.
Quote:
The midsize Pacific Northwest city is experiencing a major growth spurt. Forbes named it the fastest-growing city in the US in 2018. Its population grew by 18.2% from 2010 to 2018, and by more than 3% from 2017 to 2018.
Quote:
I recently spent four days in Boise exploring the city and talking to business owners and residents. As someone who lives in Brooklyn and works in Manhattan, I was curious to get a feel for Boise's downtown and see what kind of lifestyle it offers for big-city transplants. After four days, I can, for starters, say this: Boise does not disappoint.

Quote:
Coming from New York City, I can certainly see the appeal of Boise: It's a manageable size, yet it has everything you need. And I don't think I've ever visited another city where the residents — perhaps partly because many of them came from big cities like Los Angeles and Seattle — are so unabashedly delighted to live there.
Quote:
Jelli CEO Mike Dougherty told me Boise was an alternative to the "high costs and sort of broken nature of some of the economics" in the Bay Area.

"One of the things that we noticed when we were looking at Boise was how we really enjoyed the downtown voices, specifically the culture there," Dougherty said. "It felt very progressive. There are tons of fun little farm-to-table restaurants, great coffee shops ... It reminded me a little of Austin maybe 10 years ago, or Portland, or something like that."

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:27 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

This is old school, around 10 - 11 years ago? Pre Eighth & Main Tower and when the Orange Cabs were the rage.

Last edited by Sawtooth; Nov 26, 2019 at 2:44 PM.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 4:49 PM

Time does fly by.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 5:43 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

As of this last weekend there is activity @ The Corner at Whitewater on 27th

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 3:32 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
As of this last weekend there is activity @ The Corner at Whitewater on 27th
what project is that?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 8:00 PM

Quote:
what project is that?
http://www.thecorneratwhitewater.com/

Just a guess.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 3:42 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFBoiseJunky View Post

thanks. didn't recognize the name -- on boisedev, it's still listed as Whitewater Station.

was secretly hoping it was a new project that snuck by our prying eyes.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West