HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 1:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

From the T&T:

1) - a new hiking trail has been approved for the city. It will run from the Doiron Heritage House to St. Anselme Park. The tender for the project is $70.7k, and will include a "fruit tree park", where hikers will be allowed to gather fruit from the planted trees, including pears and plums. Sounds interesting.

2) - The tender for the demolition of the Centennial Arena has been issued. The new UNIPlex is scheduled to open in October, and the old Centennial Arena will no longer be necessary.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 12:37 AM

Looks like an addition is planned for the airport.

From CCD website Quote: Located in Dieppe, this project estimated at $606 000 is in the planning stage. Works concern the construction of an aircraft maintenance facility, 9 408 sq ft in size.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 2:38 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good pick-up. It should be noted that this is a private sector project, presumably to be built on leased land from YVR (the airports operator).

The airport itself has a number of projects in the planning stage (now presumably on hold because of the cash crisis related to the pandemic). In addition, NavCan has plans to build a new control tower at the airport too. I thought this was going to start this year, but again, perhaps this is delayed due to the pandemic.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2020, 11:52 PM

A sign has popped up and I guess that Promenade neuf is planning a phase 2.

The sign is just a few lots before the actual construction site. I guess pre-leasing is going well.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2020, 12:26 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Very interesting news about Promenade Neuf, Phase 2. I presume it will be a similarly scaled and designed seven storey building.

Downtown Dieppe is growing up!

Old Posted Aug 31, 2020, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Very interesting news about Promenade Neuf, Phase 2. I presume it will be a similarly scaled and designed seven storey building.

I've noticed that sign yesterday too. It's on the same side of the street in between that small brick apartment building and the Champlain condominiums entrance. It has what looks like an identical 7-story building on it. Although it's not clear if this is what is planned or just an image of phase one.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 2:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I found the Facebook page for Place Evolution Place on Champlain Street in Dieppe. Here is a good rendering of what the final product will look like:

Current status:

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I found the Facebook page for Place Evolution Place on Champlain Street in Dieppe. Here is a good rendering of what the final product will look like:
Does this rendering indicate there will be street-level parking on Champlain St, or is this just the imagination of the graphic designer?

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 2:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Hipster View Post
Does this rendering indicate there will be street-level parking on Champlain St, or is this just the imagination of the graphic designer?
Your guess is as good as mine.

If the parking spaces are recessed from the roadway (as the rendering suggests), then, yeas, there could be some on street parking.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 7:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:

Regarding Promenade Neuf, Phase 2, I found an interesting photo on Retail Talk & Share showing the building next door being prepared for removal or demolition. It would appear that construction of phase 2 might be relatively imminent.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 11:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mini tower crane for the Place Sentier Place development in Dieppe:

Photo taken from the adjacent Riverfront Trail.

BTW, just to the north of this, also backing on the trail, is a new nearly completed spiffy looking mansion on a very large lot (easily well over an acre, maybe two). Great care has been taken in the landscaping of this property, and it appears they have planted a private vineyard. Very nice..........

Old Posted Sep 7, 2020, 1:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here's a drone photo of the progress on Place Sentier Place

from the Amico Construction FB page

Old Posted Sep 17, 2020, 2:03 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadieman View Post
So Quest capital announce a New project (detail not publish yet) of a 42 unit . they destroyed a house at 1317 amirault. I think it's a whole new project next to the 245 lafayette project (64 unit) . anyone has info on this is it a new project or have they downsized from 64 to 42 unit.

Found this on the Quest Capital FB page:

The address is 1317 Amirault Street, which puts it just to the north of Place Sentier Place. More new construction............

Last edited by MonctonRad; Sep 17, 2020 at 11:26 AM.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2020, 3:14 AM

That’s a nice project for dieppe

Old Posted Sep 17, 2020, 2:10 PM

I saw that yesterday on their website i'm pretty sure it's where it will be built ,almost next to sentier.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 1:45 PM

The Centennial arena started demolition this week. The back side is almost already down. End of an era.

With hockey season starting in just 2 weeks it looks like they are still scrambling to finish the Uniplex. Not sure about the interior but there is still plywood in some of the windows.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 5:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a lot of earth moving going on at the SE corner of Dieppe Blvd & Nathalie. Does anyone know what's going on here? It looks like something big.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 1:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Dieppe heritage house offers taste of Acadian history
Doiron House was built in 1841 by Acadian writer, farmer and justice of the peace
Kate Letterick · CBC News · Posted: Sep 29, 2020 5:34 PM AT | Last Updated: September 29
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...iron-1.5743522

Quote:
When Doiron House in Dieppe opens its doors to the public on Oct 3, people will find themselves transported back to 1841.

That's the year the home was built by Joseph Doiron, a writer, justice of the peace and prosperous Acadian farmer. The house also served as one of the area's first Acadian schools and a place for community meetings.
The building has been restored as an interactive museum, and will be open for guided tours.

Quote:
the city has also purchased a piece of land next to the house, which will connect it to a nearby trail. There are plans to rent out the meeting room, and to open a cafe in the basement, which was home to the one room schoolhouse.

The barn, which is attached to the house, will be available for events such as dinner theatre performances or weddings.

Stage in the attached barn that will be used for dinner theatres and events

The trail mentioned in the article will connect with the adjacent Parc St. Anselme Park, and will function as a "fruit tree park", with planted orchards allowing users of the trail to help themselves to apples, pears and plums. Sounds like an interesting concept...........

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 3:37 PM

Quote:
There is a lot of earth moving going on at the SE corner of Dieppe Blvd & Nathalie. Does anyone know what's going on here? It looks like something big.
I was about to post this same thing. A large area of trees has been cleared and they are digging deep and wide in the hillside. Underground parking for something maybe? I can't see it being just a stormwater pond on the side of a hill like that.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2020, 7:45 PM

Quote:
I've heard through the grapevine that it's a 7-storey high-end apartment building with ground floor retail.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces