HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #121  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 6:49 AM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 673
2222 Market Street.
Wish it were taller but very nice.
The area is filling nicely... hopefully

2222 Market Street 8-1-20
__________________
Trump is a bag of S**t
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #122  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 1:24 PM
Nelsondvm2015 Nelsondvm2015 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 16
Not much in way of information, but I was excited to see that the little parking attendant office was gone, and all the entrances are now blocked off by cones and caution tape. Hopefully, we may start seeing movement here soon.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #123  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 1:51 PM
TK2001's Avatar
TK2001 TK2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Not your business
Posts: 1,231
How exciting! I really like this building
__________________
Buy our 3d models here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/micropolitan
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #124  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 2:27 PM
cardeza cardeza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsondvm2015 View Post
Not much in way of information, but I was excited to see that the little parking attendant office was gone, and all the entrances are now blocked off by cones and caution tape. Hopefully, we may start seeing movement here soon.

no building permit yet.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #125  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 4:06 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 13,347
Nice! Some progress.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #126  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 5:45 PM
TK2001's Avatar
TK2001 TK2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Not your business
Posts: 1,231
__________________
Buy our 3d models here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/micropolitan
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #127  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 6:29 PM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Philly
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
Nice! That plus ending parking operations means we should be seeing dirt move soon
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #128  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 6:38 PM
GtownFriend GtownFriend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsondvm2015 View Post
This is going to be an exciting building!

Also thinking that the billboard on top of TJs building is soon going to be history. With the 3 PMC towers and this one, no one will be able to see it from the expressway any more
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #129  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 10:33 PM
TempleGuy1000 TempleGuy1000 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 362
Parkway Corp. closes on $187M to finance Center City law firm headquarters tower

https://www.inquirer.com/business/mo...-20200811.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #130  
Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 2:13 PM
City Wide City Wide is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,389
Not that it matters very much if at all, but when the lot was cleared I believe Parkway was only given a temporary permit to run a parking lot, maybe for a couple years. I doubt anyone, certain no one on this forum, is going to be upset by the parking lot going away. (wasn't the porn theater called the forum?)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #131  
Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 8:58 PM
Nelsondvm2015 Nelsondvm2015 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 16
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #132  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 12:27 AM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 43,746
https://commercialobserver.com/2020/...ion-financing/

Philly Office Tower Rises With $187M in Construction Financing
The financing comprises a senior loan, mezzanine debt and a preferred equity component.



BY CATHY CUNNINGHAM
AUGUST 11, 2020


Quote:
Located in Philly’s Center City neighborhood, the 19-story, built-to-suit trophy office comprises 305,000 square feet and is pre-leased to law firm Morgan, Lewis and Bockius. When completed, its amenities will include a 3,500-square-foot fitness center, a rooftop terrace and a 50-space below-grade parking garage.

“This is going to be a tremendous project, and an important addition to a dynamic and vibrant Center City Philadelphia. We are thrilled to be a part of the deal, and more importantly, a part of the team, from Parkway Corporation and Morgan Lewis to Meridian Capital and our lending partners,” Tony Fineman, Head of Eastern Region Originations at ACORE, told CO. “This transaction is extra special to me, having grown up in Philadelphia. I attended college a few blocks away. We look forward to watching the progress of the development and seeing its inevitable success.“

Sitting close to City Hall and also the new Comcast headquarters, the Gensler-designed office property will be the first non-Comcast commercial office building in the city’s central business district in over 30 years.


__________________
NEW YORK heals.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #133  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 2:57 AM
City Wide City Wide is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,389
^^^^^^^
The first non Comcast commercial building to be built in CC in 30 years. That's amazing, hard to believe, and sad. I wonder if that stat compares to any other central business district in the top 10 or 15 largest cities. What's equally amazing is in that 30 year period theres been a number of other commercial buildings converted to residential. And at the same time as all shrinkage has been taking place CC has become even more active and alive and one that only can be matched in a few other cities, Boston, NYC, and Chicago come to mind. Thank god for Comcast and peoples desire to live in CC.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #134  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 3:08 AM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is offline
Exhausted Drexel Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: University City, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,877
Don't forget also, there has been new office space built in Philadelphia in the last 30 years. It's just in University City.
__________________
Philadelphia Transportation Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=164129
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #135  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 11:39 AM
cardeza cardeza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 581
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #136  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 11:56 AM
ScreamShatter ScreamShatter is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
^^^^^^^
The first non Comcast commercial building to be built in CC in 30 years. That's amazing, hard to believe, and sad. I wonder if that stat compares to any other central business district in the top 10 or 15 largest cities. What's equally amazing is in that 30 year period theres been a number of other commercial buildings converted to residential. And at the same time as all shrinkage has been taking place CC has become even more active and alive and one that only can be matched in a few other cities, Boston, NYC, and Chicago come to mind. Thank god for Comcast and peoples desire to live in CC.
Does the new Aramark building not count?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #137  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 12:27 PM
frbrown's Avatar
frbrown frbrown is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
^^^^^^^
The first non Comcast commercial building to be built in CC in 30 years. That's amazing, hard to believe, and sad. I wonder if that stat compares to any other central business district in the top 10 or 15 largest cities. What's equally amazing is in that 30 year period theres been a number of other commercial buildings converted to residential. And at the same time as all shrinkage has been taking place CC has become even more active and alive and one that only can be matched in a few other cities, Boston, NYC, and Chicago come to mind. Thank god for Comcast and peoples desire to live in CC.
It's also important to remember that job growth in University City drives residents in center city. UC has added tens of thousands of jobs in the last decade, and there have been multiple new commercial buildings west of the Schuylkill. Many of these workers live in center city (and surrounding), and contribute to its liveliness.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #138  
Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 6:54 PM
McBane McBane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamShatter View Post
Does the new Aramark building not count?
According to the ultimate authority - Wikipedia (lol) - it was built in 1984. But a few of our trophy buildings did go up in the early 90's during that wave of post Liberty 1 construction, including Liberty 2, Mellon Bank and IBX in 1990; Bell Atlantic in 1991; and 2 Commerce Square (1992).

But since then, the only office construction in Center City has been Comcast 1 and 2. I know 1 received tax breaks, did 2? Is this the first office building in CC to be constructed without tax breaks since 1992?

As far as the design goes - it's gorgeous. It's one of those ones I wish was taller, not because we're skyscraper nerds and want everything to be taller; rather this is a real beauty and I wish it was tall enough to make more of an impact on our skyline. Regardless, this will do wonders at street level and go a long way in remaking that once seedy part of Market Street.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #139  
Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 7:54 PM
PHL10's Avatar
PHL10 PHL10 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
According to the ultimate authority - Wikipedia (lol) - it was built in 1984. But a few of our trophy buildings did go up in the early 90's during that wave of post Liberty 1 construction, including Liberty 2, Mellon Bank and IBX in 1990; Bell Atlantic in 1991; and 2 Commerce Square (1992).

But since then, the only office construction in Center City has been Comcast 1 and 2. I know 1 received tax breaks, did 2? Is this the first office building in CC to be constructed without tax breaks since 1992?

As far as the design goes - it's gorgeous. It's one of those ones I wish was taller, not because we're skyscraper nerds and want everything to be taller; rather this is a real beauty and I wish it was tall enough to make more of an impact on our skyline. Regardless, this will do wonders at street level and go a long way in remaking that once seedy part of Market Street.
I think he meant the new Aramark on the Schuylkill but that was an overbuild and may not count.
__________________
No one likes me.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #140  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2020, 2:54 AM
Groundhog's Avatar
Groundhog Groundhog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Don't forget also, there has been new office space built in Philadelphia in the last 30 years. It's just in University City.
and the Navy Yard as well.

Still sad that CC hasn't had office growth in so long, but the city has grown new business districts as a result, which isn't the worst thing in the world.
__________________
You must construct additional pylons.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.