HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 4, 2023, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
Does anybody have the link to the proposed rentals on College and Broad? Somebody said they thought they were to be seniors apartments but I don't recall ever reading that.
https://www.remaigroup.com/rentals_regina.html

Old Posted Feb 6, 2023, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstart View Post
Thank you!

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 2:18 AM

Shame they're forced to build such ugly historical BS architecture there.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Shame they're forced to build such ugly historical BS architecture there.
I agree somewhat, but brick and Tyndal stone is better than a stucco marshmellow a la 13th ave mixed use.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 5:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
I agree somewhat, but brick and Tyndal stone is better than a stucco marshmellow a la 13th ave mixed use.
That was going to be a super nice development until the neighborhood complained too much. The developer had to cut back finishes so they could still complete the development on a smaller scale. The new smaller design was an approved land use and took the community consultation out of the equation.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
That was going to be a super nice development until the neighborhood complained too much. The developer had to cut back finishes so they could still complete the development on a smaller scale. The new smaller design was an approved land use and took the community consultation out of the equation.
Yeah, that's right and the result sucks in comparison!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 9:43 PM

https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...box=1676316155

Great news for the city! although I’m curious about the “Home Fire” project starting in September…if you define starting by putting fence up! They just started work on the site last week!

Old Posted Feb 14, 2023, 3:51 PM

Quote:
https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...box=1676316155

Great news for the city! although I’m curious about the “Home Fire” project starting in September…if you define starting by putting fence up! They just started work on the site last week!
Sorry this just seems like tokenism and is not sustainable in my view. These are "deeply affordable" units, but the federal contribution alone is $265K per door. I assume there may also be Provincial and City contributions. I am aware that one can purchase existing decent apartments for $100k per door, so I am assuming 3 times more families could be helped by doing this a different way. Also what about all the vacant vandalized affordable housing. Why isn't more being done to get these back in the system and keeping them there. This seems far more sustainable.

The people who get these brand new units will have won the lottery and the 100's of poor families left out will get crumbs.

I realize that putting the poor in existing housing does not immediately increase the supply, but it will eventually, as vacancies drop and demand justifies new construction, including partially subsidized construction with affordable units. This seems more sustainable and helps far more people.

Last edited by Stormer; Feb 14, 2023 at 7:23 PM.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2023, 4:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Sorry this just seems like tokenism and is not sustainable in my view. These are "deeply affordable" units, but the federal contribution alone is $265K per door. I assume there may also be Provincial and City contributions. I am aware that one can purchase existing decent apartments for $100k per door, so I am assuming 3 times of more families could be helped by doing this a different way. Also what about all the vacant vandalized affordable housing. Why isn't more being done to get these back in the system and keeping them there. This seems far more sustainable.

The people who get these brand new units will have won the lottery and the 100's of poor families left out will get crumbs.

I realize that putting the poor in existing housing does not immediately increase the supply, but it will eventually, as vacancies drop and demand justifies new construction, including partially subsidized construction with affordable units. This seems more sustainable and helps far more people.
Well, according to the mayor, most of them are in undesirable neighbourhoods and no one wants to live there. Just ignore all the people living there already.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2023, 4:31 PM

Old Posted Feb 21, 2023, 3:52 PM

Just a small part of the old church would be preserved in this concept. Also this is not a binding proposal and it could be much different.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2023, 9:24 PM

'Something new' to replace St. Matthew Anglican Church after Regina city council removes heritage designation

A potential future for the site could see the development of a community hub and mixed use rental housing

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...gina-1.6757921

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 12:46 AM

The website is up!

https://arwelliving.ca

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 4:35 PM

The RHI money that Mayor Masters and Minister Hussen announced a couple weeks ago has morphed into the successful proponent being revealed.

https://www.regina.ca/news/North-Cen...using-Project/

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 5:43 PM

Quote:
The RHI money that Mayor Masters and Minister Hussen announced a couple weeks ago has morphed into the successful proponent being revealed.

https://www.regina.ca/news/North-Cen...using-Project/
Great news!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 7:39 PM

New Proposal - 2980 Chuka Boulevard (formerly 2977 Trombley Street)

The subject property is located within the Towns Neighbourhood. The Towns Concept Plan identifies the property for mixed- use or high-density residential development.

The Applicant proposed to develop two 6-storey, mixed-use buildings with commercial uses on the ground floors and residential units above grade (140 units).

https://www.regina.ca/export/sites/R...L202200276.pdf

Would love this development also downtown.

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Mar 9, 2023 at 3:37 PM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
New Proposal - 2977 Trombley Street

The subject property is located within the Towns Neighbourhood. The Towns Concept Plan identifies the property for mixed- use or high-density residential development.

The Applicant proposed to develop two 6-storey, mixed-use buildings with commercial uses on the ground floors and residential units above grade (140 units).

https://www.regina.ca/export/sites/R...L202200276.pdf

Would love this development also downtown.
And I can say we are working towards that Hopefully later in 2023 you'll see some more in the Heritage/Downtown/Warehouse precincts.

We are also behind this application. Ironically our first foray is this property into Regina and currently our only suburban project.

Our proposal on this includes an 11,500 SF Daycare on the Ground Floor of one of the buildings and then 10,500 sf of Retail uses on the ground floor of the Chuka facing building.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwelLiving View Post
And I can say we are working towards that Hopefully later in 2023 you'll see some more in the Heritage/Downtown/Warehouse precincts.

We are also behind this application. Ironically our first foray is this property into Regina and currently our only suburban project.

Our proposal on this includes an 11,500 SF Daycare on the Ground Floor of one of the buildings and then 10,500 sf of Retail uses on the ground floor of the Chuka facing building.
I was guessing you were! I already submitted support! Amazing! And yes please for more downtown infill.

You would be the perfect team to develop the Albert Street and 14th Avenue plot of land with this sort of project.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2023, 11:38 PM

I know there are some passionate housing advocates on this page and I thought I'd let everyone know if you haven't seen on Social Media as of yet, we are working with North Central Family Centre on their upcoming RHI Project.

North Central Family Centre will be hosting a Community Conversation on the upcoming RHI City Stream Project they are embarking on in North Central.

Date: March 16th
Time: 5:30pm Supper
6:00 Opening Prayer and Introduction
6:30 Break/Visual Listening
6:45 Community Conversation

Location: Mamaweyatitan Centre Multi-Purpose Room 3355 6th Avenue

The NCFC Team along with some members of ours and the 1080 Architecture Team will be on hand to facilitate conversation and dialogue on this exciting project!

Old Posted Mar 10, 2023, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwelLiving View Post
I know there are some passionate housing advocates on this page and I thought I'd let everyone know if you haven't seen on Social Media as of yet, we are working with North Central Family Centre on their upcoming RHI Project.

North Central Family Centre will be hosting a Community Conversation on the upcoming RHI City Stream Project they are embarking on in North Central.

Date: March 16th
Time: 5:30pm Supper
6:00 Opening Prayer and Introduction
6:30 Break/Visual Listening
6:45 Community Conversation

Location: Mamaweyatitan Centre Multi-Purpose Room 3355 6th Avenue

The NCFC Team along with some members of ours and the 1080 Architecture Team will be on hand to facilitate conversation and dialogue on this exciting project!
Amazing!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan