HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Marquee Residence in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Hamilton Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 10:51 PM
Great White Norf

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
$1930 is more than I pay for my 1bed + den at king and sherbourne in toronto

bonkers!
I was going to say Holy fawk Hamilton is now little Toronto
This real estate market is not sustainable

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 1:44 AM

Was in town yesterday and took a few shots of the area. Can't help but notice how uncomplete it looks. I'm sure these things will be addressed with time, but the huge rust stain alone the horizontal panel looks so terrible - and the under sides of the balconies i'm hoping will be painted - it looks very 'raw' still.

It's a pretty interesting look up at this spot though, and the looby looks somewhat decent.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 2:03 AM

The worst part is the blank walls facing king and bay. Those should be covered up soon by the McMaster building and it will make the project look far better.

Plus power washing the podium would help.

I don’t think they will be painting the balconies at this point.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 2:14 AM

They're not done, if you look at the first couple floors, you can see blue underpadding for panels or something. From reviews I've heard they're still working on and fixing things. The first floor commercial unit doesn't have a for lease sign anymore though!

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 2:04 PM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandofdustin View Post
Can't help but notice how uncomplete it looks. I'm sure these things will be addressed with time, but the huge rust stain alone the horizontal panel looks so terrible - and the under sides of the balconies i'm hoping will be painted - it looks very 'raw' still.
There is a laundry list of glaring issues with this building, it's a shame. It's like Vrancor gave up and said this is what you get take it or leave it. And reading the google reviews online it sounds like there are many serious issues inside the units as well. And all this for the prices they are charging... no freaking way!!!

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEC View Post
There is a laundry list of glaring issues with this building, it's a shame. It's like Vrancor gave up and said this is what you get take it or leave it. And reading the google reviews online it sounds like there are many serious issues inside the units as well. And all this for the prices they are charging... no freaking way!!!
They're charging premium prices for badly out together units. People have taken picture of and shown water leakage. The amenities weren't done which isn't uncommon, but even parking wasn't complete, and people had been set up in hotels. It's just a mess all around.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2021, 7:47 PM

Just wanted to post a picture to show the work is clearly not done yet:

Old Posted Apr 27, 2021, 6:45 PM

Like a champagne glass on a ship, Hamilton's newest apartment block has a fucked up double homicide and attempted suicide... https://twitter.com/MattIngramNEWS/s...394413065?s=19

Old Posted Apr 27, 2021, 9:12 PM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
Like a champagne glass on a ship, Hamilton's newest apartment block has a fucked up double homicide and attempted suicide... https://twitter.com/MattIngramNEWS/s...394413065?s=19
Holy shit it's a double homicide now??? I heard about a double stabbing on reddit but at the time everyone was still believed to be alive. Building is starting off cursed all around!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2021, 9:32 PM

Adult kid stabbed (and killed) both parents, then tried to kill himself, but he lived after surgery. While this could and does happen anywhere, not great press for a new building.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2021, 10:33 PM
Midtowner since 2K

I saw this in the news....assumed it was a nearby building despite seeing this buildings podium in the background. Yikes....holy heck. Good thing this....person can be punished and not get out the easy way.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 12:47 AM

A terrible tragedy.

34-year-old men should not live with their parents, as if that needs to be said.

When the details are released, I think we'll find out that he was a drug-addled schizophrenic.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 2:23 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesomesauce View Post
A terrible tragedy.

34-year-old men should not live with their parents, as if that needs to be said.

When the details are released, I think we'll find out that he was a drug-addled schizophrenic.
It's awful. Could be related to mental illness as well.

A former professor/advisor of mine has an adult son who is autistic. Since the pandemic, he has not had access to a day program that provided him with activity and stability, and has been acting out because he doesn't understand why he cannot go. He often becomes violent, not to this degree and hopefully it never will get to that, but a man in his mid-20s punching his 70+ father is a scary image no matter what the underlying issue is.

EDIT: Apparently he had threatened his father before.
"It’s not known what precipitated the stabbing, but there was a prior incident in which the son was charged with threatening his dad with a weapon. The 34-year-old received a conditional discharge and is bound by a court order prohibiting him from possessing weapons and ordering him to keep the peace, especially with his father.

There are early indications that mental health may have played a role in what happened, Thom added."

https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2...r-charges.html

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 3:32 PM

I mean. This is why mental health advocates say we need to focus on mental health. Obviously there are mental health issues. People who are sound of mind don't murder their parents in cold blood and then attempt to commit suicide.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 5:10 PM

Quote:
A terrible tragedy.

Clearly an awful story.

But you don't know any of the circumstances of any living situation, nor should you be passing judgment on strangers.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Not according to a lot of cultures in Europe and Asia. Quite common there.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandofdustin View Post
Was in town yesterday and took a few shots of the area. Can't help but notice how uncomplete it looks. I'm sure these things will be addressed with time, but the huge rust stain alone the horizontal panel looks so terrible - and the under sides of the balconies i'm hoping will be painted - it looks very 'raw' still.

It's a pretty interesting look up at this spot though, and the looby looks somewhat decent.

These rust spots have been painted over, they were there today on a genie boom painting all the white trim on the podium.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 2:30 PM

The Spec captured a great shot of the balcony fire this weekend so am posting it here for posterity

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 2:31 PM

Oh the humanity..

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 5:30 PM
Ham-burgher

The damaged balcony has been impossible to miss when driving on Main.

We're probably very lucky more fires weren't started from the embers of the main one.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton