HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Business, Politics & the Economy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 5:45 PM

Halifax Population & Growth

Population
Greater Halifax has the largest population east of Québec City and north of Boston and it ranks thirteenth among all metropolitan areas in Canada. As of the 2006 Statistics Canada 2006, Halifax's population was 372,855 persons, this was an increase of 3.8% over the 2001 Census.

Halifax's population continues to grow; in 2010, Statistics Canada projected that the population had grown 8.1% over 2005 to approximately 403,188 persons.

www.greaterhalifax.com

This just shows we blew what they say our rival Moncton out the water I personally think we should start picking on Quebec City and grabbing some of there ideas and using them for our own. Were not up to population with Quebec City but we can continue to domitate my thought our population was always 375,000 put where up another 26,000 people and that's just 2010 where in 2011 now and more development are taking place like Kings Wharf etc, Like weekend I was in Moncton and I got to admit they ran out of Downtown in two minutes of driving they were back to homes and side streets. Halifax is nowheres near that so lets battle and go after Quebec City i'd say hmmmm?

Population Quick Facts:

59% of residents are under 45 years of age
More than 1/4 are under 20 years of age
Working age student population of 50,000 - due to 5 post - secondary institutions

Last edited by jasonashhh; Apr 18, 2011 at 5:50 PM. Reason: More information

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Business, Politics & the Economy