HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 7:25 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
A great recent take on that was “we have larger homes for smaller families, so that we have a place for all the stuff that we don’t need.”
LOL...aka hoarding disorder.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
I'm not saying its not desirable. I never said that.

I'm simply stating I understand why somebody would want to be in a 6,000 sf custom build colonial revival home with all the modern accoutrements overlooking Aronimink Golf Course or the Springton Reservoir or in a community like Licester that has a club house, pool, etc minutes from the Main Line.

There are buyers for all of them. And they're both wonderful places in their own right.
I didn’t take it that way. I just think that, from a certain perspective, Havertown is already among the “most desirable“ suburbs, given the rapid over-asking sales around here. It does not offer the zip code cachet of- or the size or luxury of some homes on - the main line and its satellites (although, truth be told, we are a satellite to Wynnewood and Ardmore). However, it does offer location location location plus a more “townish” vibe with those in that market.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 7:34 PM

Hey all! My Philadelphia 2022 Photo Thread Part 3 is up! Check it out!

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...20#post9856820

Old Posted Feb 5, 2023, 4:10 PM

Philadelphia developer proposes $65 million luxury resort at Jersey Shore

Quote:
A Philadelphia developer is breaking into the Jersey Shore market with plans to build a more than $65 million luxury resort on 30 acres of land in Cape May County.

The Brickstone Cos.' President John Connors Sr. said the company is proposing a full-service "woodland retreat," dubbed the "Clermont Lodge," off the intersection of routes 83 and 9 in Cape May Courthouse. The location, an undeveloped patch of woods, is a few miles inland from both Sea Isle City and Avalon.

Site plans from Brickstone, the owner of the Lits Building and other Center City properties, shows a total of 120 overnight accommodations across the property's 56-room main lodge, 40 bungalows and 24 one- and two-bedroom cottages. The approximately 50,000-square-foot main lodge will also feature a restaurant and bar and spa services.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...ay-resort.html

Old Posted Feb 5, 2023, 5:45 PM
Me?!?

Work on Cynwyd Trail extension in Lower Merion Township to begin later this year

The new trail will add a new link between Lower Merion and West Philadelphia
https://www.mainlinemedianews.com/20...ter-this-year/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations