HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Nice. I count 13 cranes.
And there are another 9 in the opposite direction, Midtown. Kennect (1), Vandy (3 at the moment), 2012 West End (1), Gulch Union (1) Townplace (1), Fairfield (1) Belmont University (1), W Hotel (1). With additional cranes in the next few weeks. Vandy 1 more on West End and 2 for the Graduate Village on Broadway (but the one on West end may just be moved to the new dorm site), Moore Creed Building (1), Gray Star Apartments (1), 1 City hotel (1), AEG (1 or 2) and Four Seasons (2), 805 Lea. Some of the existing cranes will likely come down, but only about 2-3. Currently there are 34 tower cranes up in the city.

Last edited by Texcitement; Sep 14, 2019 at 1:11 AM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I was wondering about the implications myself. That’s a decisive thumping.
I expect Cooper will be a stronger mayor than Briley. I can see Cooper getting behind transit, but not Briley. He's too timid to take on a big thing like that.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2019, 5:37 PM
Nashville born and raised

Crane # 35 is up in Nashville. For the 805 LEA project in SoBro. A group of deep pockets investors from New Orleans are reportedly behind this.

Next up...probably the AEG, 'Live at Nashville Yards' project (Post #3368) with maybe 3 cranes!!

...or maybe crane number 43 (by some accounts)….

Last edited by MidTenn1; Sep 22, 2019 at 7:19 PM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 12:54 PM

501 COMMERCE/Alliance Bernstein Building

A lot of stuff to look at here, from Instagram...

From a couple of weeks ago when the Tennessee Titans were celebrating the retirement of the numbers of two of their great football players from the early 2,000's.The steel framed office tower is rising very fast as compared to the concrete parking garage base.

The 35 story, 406' apartment building part of this project has topped out and the cladding is nearly compete. The Apple Flagship Store construction is moving along rapidly, now.

And that's the Ryman Auditorium, the 'Mother Church of Country Music' at right center. I hope everyone got to see the wonderful Ken Burns documentary on Country Music on PBS the recent weeks.

Also, the National Museum of African American Music will be located in the Fifth + Broad development directly across the street from the Ryman, as an example of the unheralded diversity of Nashville's music history

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 12:16 AM

I'm almost embarrassed to show this, but the consortium of people pushing to bring Major League Baseball have revealed a proposal for a stadium on the East Bank of the river adjacent to Nissan Stadium, home of the NFL Tennessee Titans.

The stadium would have a retractable roof, and feature dense mixed use development in the connecting areas. No costs, or hint of a possible team was revealed. They would require no public funding and would be ready by 2024.

The team would be named the 'NASHVILLE STARS'. I would prefer the Nashville Orioles or A's or Rays or 'Outlaws', Kats, or even the 'Carpet Sox (jk).

Anyway, here it is...

Last edited by MidTenn1; Oct 1, 2019 at 11:48 AM.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 4:51 PM

Why would anyone be embarrassed by this?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 12:31 AM

My first reaction, as much as I would like to see MLB in Nashville, was that this proposal seems amateurish. The location is a problem as they are proposing to terminate the pedestrian bridge into their development. That won't happen.
They will take out a childrens park and vehicular access at that point seems to be a problem. I suppose they plan to use Nissan Stadium parking, but that may become Titans property if they develop it upon an impending upgrade of the stadium. And the renderings and presentation just didn't seem to be of a high quality that would inspire confidence in getting the deal done.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 12:43 AM

The former 11th House proposal is now the M12 Hotel and will located about a block from the original proposed location in the Gulch.

From the TENNESSEAN...

Quote:
New plans for a 10-story hotel and restaurant with a rooftop pool at the site of Whiskey Kitchen in the Gulch were approved on Tuesday.

The proposal was pitched last year by developers with extensive investments in the neighborhood as a unique complex with a high-end boutique hotel and members-only lifestyle club for artists.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 11:24 PM

Can't wait to visit.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2019, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
From The TENNESSEAN....

It looks like some serious investors will likely kick-start the large River North project located on the East Bank of the Cumberland River about a mile north of downtown. The development is a 100+ acre piece of property of which the southern 40 acres have been labeled 'The Landings' and is targeted for the first few phases of development.

The first renderings showed a dense high-rise urban district being proposed, possibly as Amazon HQ2 bait. But the latest renderings show a low-rise, mixed-use development with access to the river and a proposed pedestrian bridge.

The Nashville Business Journal (unfortunately behind the paywall) reportedly dropped a big hint regarding possible tenants to the next phase of the development.

Quote:
We need to go on something now. If a company like Oracle were to land behind us, we'd probably go higher-density. Our base-level assumption is that we can do more [apartments] in the next phase. But all of a sudden, if Oracle was behind us, we'd probably go with more office.
The Oracle to Nashville buzz first consisted of it strongly happening, then a slight pull back (started looking at Raleigh), then negotiations with the new Governor and now a few whispers and dropped hints. Take that for what it is, but it is interesting.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 2:34 PM

From the OX BLUE construction cams for the Asurion project...

The big empty space between the Hyatt and Amazon will be filled like this...

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 5:07 PM
Development Shill

No one in the Sunbelt can even come close to touching Nashville these days in terms of developments getting off the ground. Most impressive "densification" I've seen in a mid-sized city ever

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 5:22 PM
BANNED

Nashville is amazing.

How does it compare to Charlotte in terms of new construction?

I guess that Nashville and Charlotte are battling for the No. 2 slot in S.E. cities (Florida excluded) behind Atlanta.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Nashville is amazing.

I guess that Nashville and Charlotte are battling for the No. 2 slot in S.E. cities (Florida excluded) behind Atlanta.
In terms of office space under construction, I suspect only NYC and Chicago are running with Charlotte. But Nashville leads Charlotte in high rises under construction.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Nashville is amazing.

DC Reigns supreme!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 9:01 PM
BANNED

Since when is DC in the Southeast?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 9:21 PM

The SE is not absolutely defined, of course. But with a Google search of SE U.S. maps Florida is always included, and DC is included in a lot of the maps. Texas is left out of most maps as it should be even though a lot of people lump it with the SE. There are some maps that leave Louisiana, Arkansas and even Tennessee out of the SE.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 9:46 PM
BANNED

DC is about 170 miles south of Staten Island, the fifth borough of NYC. I don’t think that’s very southern.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 11:00 PM
Future God

Quote:
DC is about 170 miles south of Staten Island, the fifth borough of NYC. I don’t think that’s very southern.
Alexandria, VA is 171 miles south of Staten Island... is it southern?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Since when is DC in the Southeast?
It was always considered SE until urbanists and South Shame took hold.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations