HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 9, 2021, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordeast Homer View Post
Hines just bought the surface parking lot at 9th and Marquette. They're floating the idea of a 700,000 sq. ft building... seems very specific and makes me think they're targeting a specific tenant.
The lot is good sized, makes me really wish they'd look at doing mixed use here and throw in some residential. They could fit a 50 - 60 story tower there if they wanted to.
This is just pure speculation, but this lot is less than a block from the main cluster of Target offices. Target's lease in City Center (900k sqft) is up December 2023 (though they have options secured beyond this date)...

Old Posted Jan 10, 2021, 1:11 AM

I was half listening to the news last night about the possibility of a new south end of Nicollet Mall skyway. The news mentioned something about a possible new tower. That's what caught my attention the most but there was no elaboration.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2021, 4:09 PM

I think the fact they are already talking about a new skyway connection goes a long ways to new tower fairly soon.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2021, 6:59 PM

Hoping the skyway is a looker.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2021, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN/WI View Post
Hoping the skyway is a looker.
The skyway that's being talked about right now wouldn't be very visible, it would just be over the alley that's located to the south of the Young Quinlan Building, giving these lots access to the skyway system in the direction of Nicollet. I'm sure they plan a future connection across Marquette to the AT&T Building if there is a large office building built on this site, but that's not what's being proposed right now.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2021, 2:04 PM

Ah good to know. Let's hope that it helps speed things along.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2021, 3:32 AM

I hate that Salt Lake City guy. His OCD to keep his unrelevent city at the top of this forum is ridiculous. Just look at the amount of posts and views compared to much larger cities. Who cares about SLC.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2021, 9:45 AM

There he goes again. 4 times yesterday.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2021, 2:45 PM

Why the animosity about this or the old Oklahoma City poster just adding content? There's clearly a lot happening in SLC that I for one am appreciative of finding out about.

Instead of complaining about it in the safe harbor of the Minneapolis page, why don't you take on the same mantra and add (photo/graphic) content on this thread to keep people informed?

I don't understand this sense of competition about this. The Twin Cities has enough urban development bona fides to be secure enough to not have to worry about the frequency of updates that members from smaller cities post about. Besides, only a fraction of the people online from the Cities that care about these sorts of things are on this site, vs. skyscrapercity or elsewhere.

Des Moines' development discussion forum, project updates, and photo gallery page.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2021, 3:21 PM

Quote:
There he goes again. 4 times yesterday.
lol clam down.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2021, 4:25 PM

It's nice that you two can post on here. Thanks for your input. Now if you'd only do it when things are actually posted about development. See you later maybe.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2021, 9:25 PM

Good God, I'm done with this forum. Too many people with OCD. Especially that guy from Salt Lake City. Good riddance after 20 years. Yes I've had other names, not because I was kicked off because the computer wouldn't let me sign on. One of my past names was Dream'n.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 10:25 PM
somewhere in-between

Which is more OCD: posting frequently, or tracking others & commenting about them in other threads because they're posting frequently?

Anyway, I came here to ask: is anyone interested in a dedicated Duluth, MN development thread? I recently started a Northern Michigan regional thread, and through that work, I've been noticing a lot of things going on in Duluth. Is there anyone more local than me that would be passionate enough to start it? I looked, and I don't think one exists on SSP yet. I would contribute.

I appreciate the updates on here - especially the ones that add informative content & graphics. Make each post count! It's not a contest (for some it is).

Old Posted Jan 19, 2021, 3:26 PM

I'm always interested in what's going on up there and tend to make a couple of trips a year if I can.
I know they're rebuilding their paths along the lake as they were damaged from storms over the last couple of years.
They also have a couple of decent sized projects coming up, one being a large addition to the hospital downtown (around 15 stories if I remember).

Old Posted Jan 24, 2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I wasn't around here when Riverplace got built. 2 towers of that magnitude on that side of the river. Must have been a heck of a fight. Credit to the developer.
Think back to Lake Point Tower built near Lake of the Isles! What would you call that development? I spell it Miracle! From what I understand, it took Hubert Humphrey to intercede to get that project built, true or false?

Having lived in Cedar Square West for a number of years, when it opened, just imagine, just imagine, if Phases 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 had been built, creating a new city of 30,000 people!

And to think if the Cedar Riverside Nimby's hadn't stopped it, there'd have been Phase 2, near the river, with two 44-story towers. From what I understand the Cedar Riverside Hippie/Nimby's blocked the bulldozers from starting construction in the early 70's.

And, yes, you need not tell me the fate of Cedar Square West/Cedar Riverside today. Yet, if these towers had been built as condo's or co-ops, it would have worked far better!

Old Posted Jan 24, 2021, 5:49 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordeast Homer View Post
I'm always interested in what's going on up there and tend to make a couple of trips a year if I can.
I know they're rebuilding their paths along the lake as they were damaged from storms over the last couple of years.
They also have a couple of decent sized projects coming up, one being a large addition to the hospital downtown (around 15 stories if I remember).
Not to diverge too much, but another cool thing going on in Duluth right now is the construction of a new Viking cruise vessel - The Octantis. It's not building or architecture, per se, but at 378 guest rooms, its large enough to warrant some interest here I think. It was floated out in late 2020, and it is scheduled to debut in 2022 with an 8-day itinerary in Lake Superior & Lake Michigan. Ports will include Thunder Bay Canada, the Apostle Islands, Houghton MI, Mackinac Island, and Milwaukee. It will also have the ability to make Antarctic excursions. There is a sister vessel too, that will debut in later 2022. I posted some photos on the NORTHERN MICHIGAN thread.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja vu View Post
Not to diverge too much, but another cool thing going on in Duluth right now is the construction of a new Viking cruise vessel - The Octantis. It's not building or architecture, per se, but at 378 guest rooms, its large enough to warrant some interest here I think. It was floated out in late 2020, and it is scheduled to debut in 2022 with an 8-day itinerary in Lake Superior & Lake Michigan. Ports will include Thunder Bay Canada, the Apostle Islands, Houghton MI, Mackinac Island, and Milwaukee. It will also have the ability to make Antarctic excursions. There is a sister vessel too, that will debut in later 2022. I posted some photos on the NORTHERN MICHIGAN thread.
Thanks for that tidbit! I hadn't heard of that. I would love to do one of those cruises!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2021, 12:51 AM

2832 Girard Ave -- 6 floors -- Apartments -- 1/27/21

3228 Girard Ave -- 4 floors -- Apartments -- 1/27/21

2701 Girard Ave -- 4 floors -- Apartments -- 1/27/21

2812 Fremont Ave -- 4 floors -- Apartments -- 1/27/21

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 12:57 AM

Lake Street Dwelling Phase II -- 7 floors -- apartments & retail -- Whittier -- 2/2/21

2639 1st Ave S -- 5 floors -- apartments -- Whittier -- 2/2/21

Yess Yoga -- 2 floors -- retail -- Whittier -- 2/2/21

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 11:09 PM

LakeHaus -- 8 floors -- apartments -- West Maka Ska -- 2/3/21

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations