HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 11:21 AM
Selfie-stick vendor

Wow great updates

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 5:59 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

^ Thanks!

In-progress versus rendering of the Olive-Vandeventer intersection showing planned apartment building:

Posted by chriss752 at urbanstl.com: link

Also, a local architect was chosen as a finalist for the home designs on the north side of Olive:

link to image source

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 6:20 PM
Show me the blueprints

Nothing says Saint Louis! like neo-modern pueblo architecture. Is that Anakin Skywalker?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 6:27 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

OMG, not a non-vernacular style! The horror!!!

Etcetera...

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 7:44 PM
Show me the blueprints

Wow you put a ton of effort into that. You even edited it. Impressive. Doesn't change the fact that the design looks completely lame. If this was a Habitat for Humanity project with no fancy architecture firm attached to the venture, we'd all be slamming it. You know it's true.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 10:38 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Wow you put a ton of effort into that. You even edited it. Impressive. Doesn't change the fact that the design looks completely lame. If this was a Habitat for Humanity project with no fancy architecture firm attached to the venture, we'd all be slamming it. You know it's true.
yeah, right-clicking to copy/paste GIF links off Google was so much effort. i edited it because i kept finding GIFs that i liked, and your obnoxious (as is often the case) pop-in comment was deserving of multiple eye rolls. levity was kind-of the point, though.

in fact, i like the built designs so far. and i like the overall siting. could it be denser? sure. but St. Louis has plenty of empty land waiting for infill. also, these homes will have considerably better amenities than Habitat homes, though there's nothing wrong with Habitat homes. they've built some good stuff in St. Louis—better than what some market-rate developers are building.

your feelings on this development are noted. now give it a rest, please.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 11:04 PM
Show me the blueprints

You're speaking much more about this than I am.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 12:43 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
You're speaking much more about this than I am.
ouch. yeah, i typed like a whole sentence more than you. maybe two. can we stop now? you can drop in again in a month or so to grace us with another one-liner.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 12:54 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 1:54 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

On Olive Announces Winners and Designs of Architectural Competition

https://www.cityscene-stl.com/post/o...al-competition

Quote:
Two emerging architects will have their work built and showcased at the "On Olive" development in Grand Center. Cory Henry, of Atelier|Cory Henry, won the National Black Emerging Architect Competition and Constance Vale of Constance Vale Studio won as the St. Louis Emerging Architect.

The homes will be built on the north side of Olive Street on a strip of land that's currently vacant, but is ready for new construction to take place. The houses of the two winners will be built as display models along with a house designed by Boston-based Howeler + Yoon. Prospective buyers may tour the houses and select one of the designs to be built on a lot within the development. Many of the houses on the south side of the street are already under construction.

With the inclusion of Atelier Cory Henry, Constance Vale Studio, and Howeler+Yoon, On Olive will now be home to houses designed by 7 architects with the most famous being Tatiana Bilbao. The other architects include New York City-based MOS Studio, Mexico City-based Productora Studio, Guadalajara-based Macias Peredo, and St. Louis-based Mitchell-Wall. Michael Maltzan Studio, of Los Angeles, is the architect for the multi-family building at Olive and Vandeventer.

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:00 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

WashU School of Medicine Planning Ambulatory Cancer Center at Forest Park and Taylor

https://www.cityscene-stl.com/post/w...ark-and-taylor

Quote:
The Washington University School of Medicine is planning a 9-story Ambulatory Cancer Center on a parking lot at the southwest corner of Forest Park Avenue and Taylor in the Central West End.

Beyond a stacking plan, renderings are not yet public. However, we do know the scope of the project thanks to the WUSM Planning and Projects page. The building will stand 9-stories and include 430 car parking garage, 5 floors of clinic space, one floor of office, and a connection to the Center for Advanced Medicine via the Link system (a series of sky bridges connecting all of the buildings in the medical center complex). According to the WUSM website, "the programs moving into the building include multi-disciplinary clinics, diagnostic and treatment areas and multi-specialty clinics." The project will also include improvements to the sidewalks and streets.

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:04 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:17 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:23 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

The Pearl condos in Clayton:

Photos by moorlander at urbanstl.com: link

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:35 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:40 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:44 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:50 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:53 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:58 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations