HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Mar 6, 2023, 4:39 PM

When I emailed them last fall, they said sales would start spring 2023.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2023, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestMaple View Post
Is there a construction timeline for the Artisan Village?
I've contacted the Ward 2 office for information, just waiting to hear back if they get updates from other departments. Will update here when I hear something.

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Mar 6, 2023, 6:27 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
The Artisan village is meant to evoke similar design features of the very successful and much sought after Halifax waterfront. I think they are appropriate density and even designs for that style of project. I do wish it were a bit more colourful and interesting though similar to Halifax. It seems that the as planned by the City is very sterile and utility based copy of Halifax, but with that being said, I do believe they were meant to be an inspirational design showing massing and potential design elements for a future bidder on the project.
I like the building concepts on the eastern and western parts. The others, are "ok"... green roofs are nice to see but whether they happen or not, who knows.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2023, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I've contacted the Ward 2 office for information, just waiting to hear back if they get updates from other departments. Will update here when I hear something.
Did they ever get back to you? I was down there the other day and I'm finding it kinda frustrating how there has been no movement here for around two full years.

Just watched a CHCH video about this development from 2020. Jason Thorne is in the video stating the sales were supposed to begin in 2021.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2023, 11:51 PM

Wow, 2021, they would have made a killing selling into the white hot fire of a market and could have been building through this trough.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2023, 6:46 PM
Ham-burgher

Some updates as part of an article about Waterfront Shores.

Sales for condo tower on Hamilton’s Pier 8 will open by end of year: developer
Long-planned waterfront units will be marketed in new showroom as consortium and city agree to Discovery Centre lease

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilto...velopment.html

Sebastian Bron
The Hamilton Spectator
Thu., April 13, 2023

Development of a splashy 1,500-home harbourfront neighbourhood on Pier 8 is making headway.

Waterfront Shores recently signed a lease with the city to use a portion of the Discovery Centre as a showroom and sales centre for its long-awaited, 45-storey condo project, according to a report bound for the west harbour subcommittee Friday.

Another capital project update in the report concerns two former industrial buildings the city considers key elements to its redevelopment plans.

One building is a two-storey “artisan market” including washrooms, meeting rooms, a lobby, vendor stalls, marina offices and a covered area for boat mooring, according to the report. Another is a single-floor, “open-air pavilion,” replete with removable walls to accommodate open-air and indoor uses year-round.

The idea is to have the buildings serve as a “multi-purpose, publicly owned and accessible” indoor anchor to the new pedestrianized areas along the water, said Chris Phillips, city waterfront project lead.

The city plans to have a general vision and formal design brief for the buildings by the end of this year. Design proposals will come by 2024 with construction set for 2025. Staff will report back to the subcommittee with more detailed framework for the design competition in May.

Last edited by ScreamingViking; Apr 13, 2023 at 7:04 PM.

Old Posted May 11, 2023, 5:51 AM

Cycled down after I was done work today to check it out. Looks good so far.

Last edited by TheRitsman; Jul 27, 2023 at 2:23 AM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2023, 5:24 PM

Old Posted Sep 26, 2023, 8:13 PM
Ham-burgher

I like those pavers! And the art. Hopefully there will be planters and greenery when it's all complete too.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2023, 12:59 PM

The zoning application to permit parking underneath the mid-block connection is recommended for approval:

https://pub-hamilton.escribemeetings...umentId=379681

Old Posted Sep 28, 2023, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
The zoning application to permit parking underneath the mid-block connection is recommended for approval:

https://pub-hamilton.escribemeetings...umentId=379681
Hopefully this means we'll see movement on this file soon.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2023, 3:53 PM
It's Hammer Time

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues