HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 11:02 AM

I like that they're going to be using a lot of warm natural materials to finish the interiors. I'll take woods and natural stone etc. over too much of the white vinyl and plastic any day.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2013, 6:44 PM

Downtown Updates - Boyer 101

http://i41.tinypic.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post

The latest on Boyer 101
Pic By DCRes

Last edited by delts145; Jan 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2013, 7:13 PM

Central Metro Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbillbillbill View Post

Had a chance to snap a couple of cell phone pictures of the Murray projects while on my lunch break from my car. Not great angles but better than nothing I guess.

Marriott Residence Inn @ 53rd & State

Hilton Hotel @ Vine Street & State

Pics By Billbillbillbill

Old Posted Jan 1, 2014, 1:48 PM

Downtown

http://img.ksl.com

Massive nightlife center being built in downtown SLC

SALT LAKE CITY — Construction is under way to build a massive, eight-story entertainment complex downtown.

The facility, called the “Air Center” will include a three story nightclub, a high-end restaurant and three stories of office space at the corner of 400 South and West Temple. Developer Ken Bretschneider said he and his wife enjoy going to clubs and didn’t exactly find what they were looking for in Salt Lake City — so they decided to build their own...

...Bretschneider said the Air Center will also include a lounge, a theatre and retail shops. The office space is already mostly leased out before ground has even broken on the building, he said.

“At the end of the day, what we’re trying to do is we’re trying to bring an entertainment experience that’s going to be the equivalent to what you’d find in a Los Angeles, in an Atlanta, in a San Diego, or in a Las Vegas or even other countries,” he said.

Nick Como, a spokesman for the Downtown Alliance, said the concept certainly has the possibility of livening up Salt Lake City’s nightlife scene.

“I think we need more nightlife and places like this are certainly a great example as well as more thoughtful liquor reform to really drive that economic engine, and I think that will slowly happen,” he said. “I think we’re making the right steps and progress toward that.”

The Air Center is scheduled to open on New Year’s Eve 2014.

http://i43.tinypic.com

Last edited by delts145; Jan 1, 2014 at 2:04 PM.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2014, 2:31 PM

Central Metro

Holladay Fire Station, Open house event for the city’s new fire station on Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2014, from 4 to 8 p.m.

I liked the new Holladay Fire Station pictured above. It made me curious as to the other projects this particular Architectural firm had been involved with. This is a newer firm, made up of highly successful and experienced architects now forming their own firm. Here are a couple of comtemporary projects recently completed involving these partners

http://www.thinkaec.com/project/wcf/

Workers Compensation Fund Headquarters - Central Metro - Sandy

I like the attractive and diverse use of materials. This Project is located across State Street from the South Towne Expo Center. Some other interesting designs and treatments on their website. I see where this firm was also involved with The Metro Condo's Downtown.

The Metro Condo's - Downtown

Central Metro/East - Hotel Park City

Hotel Park City Cottages

Central Metro/East - The Grand Lodge at Empire Pass

Last edited by delts145; Jan 2, 2014 at 3:11 PM.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 12:47 PM

Downtown Updates - Extended Stay Hyatt

http://www.utahbusiness.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post

November Update, Hotel and Parking terrace near ESA.

Pics By T-Mac

2 hotels to be built in downtown Salt Lake City

The Salt Lake Tribune - Jennifer Napier Pierce

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/5...-lake.html.csp

Two new hotels in Salt Lake City will be erected south of EnergySolutions Arena, and although they won’t fulfill the need for a convention hotel,
they are being touted as a welcome addition to downtown.

U.S. Bank announced Tuesday it had closed on a $19.4 million construction loan for the project. Alex. Brown Realty, PEG Development and Blue
Diamond Capital have partnered to develop the properties.

The $65 million mixed-use development will include a 159-room extended-stay Hyatt House, a 175-room Courtyard by Marriott, a parking garage
and ground-level retail at the intersection of 100 South and 300 West.

Although there’s already a Hyatt Place just three blocks from the new development site, PEG Development’s Robert Schmidt says the it targets
short-term travelers, while the new Hyatt House will be an extended-stay facility...

January 2014 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysNoiz View Post

Here are some photos I took today of the hotel under construction across from ESA. Enjoy.

Pics By ToysNoiz

Last edited by delts145; Jan 30, 2014 at 12:54 PM.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 4:13 PM

Central Metro TOD - Birkhill @ Fireclay

The Fireclay Redevelopment Area is a 97-acre project created near
the light-rail station. Through an RDA, developers can receive part of
the property tax generated through the increase in land value
from improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post

http://www.hamlethomes.com/SiteData/...ElevationB.jpg

Walkable, accessible and convenient…the essence of Birkhill at Fireclay, an exciting, mixed-use, transit-oriented development (TOD) community located in the heart
of Murray City’s 97 acre redevelopment area - Fireclay District. Designed and developed by Hamlet Homes, a leading Utah home builder, these Utah new homes connect homebuyers with
beautiful new townhomes and condominiums, as well as commercial leasing space, which offer the best of urban living.

The Birkhill community provides many ways to ‘get connected’; convenient transportation on TRAX, UTA bus lines and bicycle paths, all within walking distance, and I-15 on-ramps just a
couple miles away. Maintenance-free living also connects homebuyers to a new sense of freedom. The community’s new homes in Utah are wired with UTOPIA Community MetroNet’s™
fiber optic communications system to connect family, friends and business via voice, Internet and video. Social connections bring like-minded people together who have sought out an urban,
walkable, TOD lifestyle. And, Birkhill is working toward LEED® Neighborhood Development certification, so it’s good for our environment, too

Birkhill not only offers homebuyers a ‘get connected’ urban lifestyle, it also provides homebuyers with an opportunity to be among the first to enjoy its sought after benefits – a centrally
located, fun and more-convenient way of life.

The community’s attractive and classically designed Utah townhomes and condominiums intermingle with retail shops, restaurants, everyday services and businesses. Tree-lined streets,
sidewalk cafes, and beautifully landscaped parks create a special sense of place and encourage a lifestyle that is dynamic, yet relaxed; a lifestyle homebuyers can truly enjoy.

Ongoing Development - New, Newer, & Newest

Existing Condo building:

New Townhomes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post

Birkhill Apartment @ Fireclay Update

http://www.murrayjournal.com

I've become a big fan of this overall Fireclay redevelopment in Murray. This will be a very cool area once the phases are all finish. Even main street now looks so much more dense as you
will see in one of my photos that shows main street with the new buildings.

Link:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1174710...ireclayMay2012

Enjoy.

Pics By SLCProjects

Birkhill @ Fireclay

Pics By StevenF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post

Here are some shots of the Fireclay and Birkhill area. Decided while I
was out and about I would get some photos of the changes. My wife and
I are also looking at renting a 3 bedroom in the Birkhill this February and
have put ourselves on the waiting list.

Birkhill Apartments

Newly Finished Birkhill Project

http://www.ktgy.com

http://www.ktgy.com

FireClay Apartments

Pics By StevenF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post

Here is a new building that is going up in the Murray area as part of the Birckhill on main project...
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17903...eet-Murray-UT/

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17903...eet-Murray-UT/

Last edited by delts145; Jan 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 6:40 PM

Just a lil update

I noticed there wasn't any updates on the construction in dwntwn SLC so I took the liberty to create an account and post some pics... It was my only day off and a storm happened to come in this day so sorry about the snowy pics but it is SLC after all....

Not too much has changed with this building... looks like just a filler bldg honestly

I'm so happy they are hard at work even in the snow. This is going to be a beautiful building! Deconstruction on the buildings for 111 s Main is still not too visible but you can tell they are taking out the guts of the buildings currently

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
skylert.weebly.com

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 11:46 PM

Thanks Thrnck, keep the updates comin. Brrrr, looks cold and snowy, but snows a good think in Salt Lake's mountains.

Agree, can't wait to see The LaPorte Project reach completion. It will be a great addition to Downtown.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 11:52 AM

Salt Lake City - Sugar House Updates

Liberty Village

Cowboy Partners

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonkey View Post

I took these pics on Sunday, but it has taken me a few days to get around to getting them online. I hope you enjoy!

Liberty Village:
Concrete work looks to be finally finished, and framing on the second level has started on the north end of the project.

Pics By jmonkey

Last edited by delts145; Feb 16, 2014 at 12:32 PM.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 1:22 PM

Sugar House Crossing

http://eastcentralcc.org

Quote:

Sugar House Crossing:
One more level of framing is being built on the south end of this project, and then the structure will be complete. Exterior work is underway along Highland Drive, and the building is shrouded in plastic. This building is huge, noticeable from all around Sugarhouse. I think it is also a quite handsome building.

Pics Bly jmonkey

Last edited by delts145; Jan 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 3:08 PM

Wilmington Gardens

VCBO ARCHITECTURE...http://www.vcbo.com/wilmington-flats.html
The Wilmington Avenue project brought together a diverse group of stakeholders with a vested interest in developing and designing an urban garden destination in the heart of the funky Sugar House business community. This small parcel is nestled among an interesting mix of unique businesses, urban condominium dwellers, and satellite Westminster College teaching and living spaces, all abutting a protected riparian stream corridor called Hidden Hollow. The challenge and goal of the Salt Lake Redevelopment Agency for this property was to protect and enhance the riparian corridor, energize this unique small business sector of the Sugar House community, create a public plaza gathering venue suitable for concerts, farmer’s markets, other community uses, and provide affordable housing units in a community that is lacking in that regard. The plaza is a central connector that encourages foot traffic to public transportation, the nearby Sugar House Park, local businesses, Hidden Hollow, and the Westminster College campus auxiliary spaces.

Quote:

Still working on concrete up to the second level.

Pics By jmonkey

Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Downtown Updates - 111 Main
Ok. So I am only a month behind. Why did developer change the facade pattern? I thought the angulating curtainwall was an ingenious design which would break the box appearance of the overall structure.

-sb

Old Posted Jan 15, 2014, 12:21 PM

Last edited by delts145; Jan 19, 2014 at 8:48 PM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Ok. So I am only a month behind. Why did the developer change the facade pattern? I thought the angulating curtain wall was an ingenious design which would break the box appearance of the overall structure.

I'm not sure what's going on there Shakman. Everybody is asking, but no one seems to know if they're still fooling around with different ideas, or how accurate the renderings really are. When Hamilton built the 222 tower, the renderings were very mediocre and left everyone worried as to what the finish of the façade was really going to look like. The final product was a huge improvement over the rendering. It would seem that no one on the forum has actually asked Hamilton what their final plan for the curtain wall is...

Hmm... I'm beginning to think that Hamilton, and many of the powers that be decided that the Tower's curtain wall design was clashing too much with the connected new Performing Arts Center, which is being built in conjunction with the Tower. However, I haven't bothered to ask them either. I think everyone just assumes the design is in a state of flux still. Demolition of the existing sites is beginning soon, if not already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC2GeorgetownU View Post

This is the latest renderings of the 111 Main tower, I really like how the lobby has been updated, it looks like a pedestal and the concrete perimeter columns have been removed from the lobby and replaced with multiple slender steel columns, its more elegant and unique. I like this so much better then the previous design, which looked cheesy and didn't fit in with the Theater design in my opinion.

Previous Design

Hamilton Partners

Last edited by delts145; Jan 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2014, 12:37 PM

UTA looking to improve and expand transit service

By Jason Lee, Deseret News

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...t-service.html

Transit-oriented development will also be a major point of focus, Allegra explained, “to get more residential and commercial growth closer to UTA’s transit stations.”

A UTA streetcar prepares to leave the Fairmont stop, 2216 S. McClelland St., as part of the new S-Line in Salt Lake City on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013. (Matt Gade, Deseret News)

SALT LAKE CITY — After a historic period of rail expansion, the state’s largest public transportation agency will begin working on enhancing its customers’ riding experience. The Utah Transit Authority’s top executive said the agency is now targeting ways to make riding trains and buses more accessible to more residents along the Wasatch Front as well as providing a more enjoyable experience.

General Manager Michael Allegra said the major focus of the agency in 2014 will be operations and operational excellence, which includes service reliability, courteousness of employees who interact with the public and “all the attributes that make our system better and better.”

“(We want to establish) responsiveness to the customer, continued focus on safety and listening to riders and non riders — and trying to persuade them to become riders,” he said. “These are cultural changes and efforts to be more efficient and effective.”

Allegra noted that technology would be a major tool in the advancement of transit, including mobile apps that make it easier for riders to find travel information, as well as technology that makes paying fares much simpler, along with passenger information systems, social media and distance-based fares.

He said UTA will also make a concerted effort to incorporate more use of alternative fuel vehicles, including an all-electric bus that will be used on the University of Utah campus; compressed natural gas vehicles; as well as using solar and wind power to help reduce overall energy costs for the agency.

Transit-oriented development will also be a major point of focus, Allegra explained, “to get more residential and commercial growth closer to UTA’s transit stations.”

According to the Wasatch Front Regional Council website, hubs for the Wasatch Choice for 2040 Vision would be located "where regional destinations have grown, where economic activity has clustered, or in strategic locations that are headed in that direction. The vision suggests that these centers should expand to provide broadening choices for residents to live, work, shop and play."

The belief is that hubs should work in conjunction with the long-term growth plan, helping to provide opportunities for residents who want to live close to work, walk or bike to shop and have both convenient transit and road access...

read more...http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...t-service.html

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 1:08 PM

Central Metro - Canyon Slopes Square

Chris Layton and Associates @ http://claarchitects.com/portfolio/

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 2:40 PM

Southern Metro

Orem - Digital Learning Center, Utah Valley University

Alspector Architecture, LLC

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 5:07 AM
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Central Metro - Canyon Slopes Square

Oooooo! Purty!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2014, 8:53 PM

Downtown Updates

151 South State

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post

I just heard a little bit of info about the office tower proposed at about 151 S. State Street. They are looking to increase the height a bit to 18 stories. Just thought people may be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post

UTPlanner is Right! wow. it looks so nice too. I can't wait. Or maybe I can just to see if they'll add a few more floors. lol except for Height, I think I like it more than the 111

http://www.dixonslc.com/?section=office

Last edited by delts145; Mar 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations