HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 4:49 PM

Love the vision and the ambition for the Landing/North riverfront area. Definitely not small plans. While others continue to get "nervous" as more projects are announced, I'm optimistic that the sum of the parts might possibly lead to a momentum shift as opposed to a one at a time piecemeal approach.

Wish this group luck and hope their initial success can be replicated.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 11:36 PM
Posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWant2BeInSTL View Post
^ Hi. I'll post whatever the f*ck I want. If you want it posted differently, then be my guest. If you don't want to read it, then don't read it.
Actually, no you cannot post whatever the f*ck you want. We do have posting guidelines which are shown every time you post a reply. I'd suggest you read them. Pertinent to your particular issue, they say:
Quote:
Articles
Articles, such as news articles or blog posts, must be posted in a special way to avoid copyright infringement Information about the source of the article must be given and only the beginning portion of the article text may be posted.

When posting an article please include the following information:
- the title of the article,
- the author's name,
- the name of the publication,
- the date of publication,
- a URL to the original article,
- only the first few sentences or the first paragraph of the article (not the entire article).
So please cop the attitude and make an attempt to follow the posting guidelines. Thank you.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 12:06 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond Agent 007 View Post
Actually, no you cannot post whatever the f*ck you want. We do have posting guidelines which are shown every time you post a reply. I'd suggest you read them. Pertinent to your particular issue, they say:

So please cop the attitude and make an attempt to follow the posting guidelines. Thank you.
Did he mention anything about copyright infringement? No, he didn't. He just didn't like the way I posted it and decided to be kind-of an ass about it. So please drop the holier-than-thou, faux indignation. Thanks for running to look up the rules for me. I'll keep it in mind. Sorry if you're still upset about my big fonts.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 1:39 AM
Proud Homer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWant2BeInSTL View Post
Did he mention anything about copyright infringement? No, he didn't. He just didn't like the way I posted it and decided to be kind-of an ass about it. So please drop the holier-than-thou, faux indignation. Thanks for running to look up the rules for me. I'll keep it in mind. Sorry if you're still upset about my big fonts.
I think you've done a wonderful job when posting. You've been posting here for a long time.

We (You and I, for the most part) tend to "tag team" posting updates.

When I drop off, you step up and vice versa. It wasn't planned this way, but it works.

There's lots of positive things happening in the St. Louis. Not business as usual. Lots of momentum.

For the record, this board has moderators; and if they have issues with your postings, usually they'd let you know.

Please just keep on posting!

Last edited by Arch City; Dec 16, 2019 at 1:49 AM.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 2:15 AM
Proud Homer!

I have a mixed reaction to Forsyth Pointe's changes.

1. I like (I love) the glass design, but the towers should be taller, imo. Looks too close to Centene Towers though.
2. It is on Forsyth, which command higher rents. Weird that it isn't taller.
3. Still yet another boxy design for Clayton, unlike the previous design.
4. The garage could be screened better. I cant tell if it will be a total green screen or not.
5. Love the green garage-top courtyard, and ground-level streetscape.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 2:17 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

I'm just over the lack of etiquette. Every "simple suggestion" has to buried in snark and LOL's and laughy faces. If I'm breaking a rule then, yes, let me know politely. But if you're gonna be like "OMGZ, YOUR COMPOSITION IS SO STUPID!" then go to hell. Unless you're paying me to post shit, save it. It doesn't need to be said. God, the internet is a wasteland.

EDIT: By "you" I mean the royal you. Not you, Arch City.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 2:20 AM
Show me the blueprints

I'm on my second bag of microwave popcorn...

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 2:24 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post
I have a mixed reaction to Forsyth Pointe's changes.

1. I like (I love) the glass design, but the towers should be taller, imo. Looks too close to Centene Towers though.
2. It is on Forsyth, which command higher rents. Weird that it isn't taller.
3. Still yet another boxy design for Clayton, unlike the previous design.
4. The garage could be screened better. I cant tell if it will be a total green screen or not.
5. Love the green garage-top courtyard, and ground-level streetscape.
yeah, i actually liked the previous podium design but it did involve a lot a windowless concrete. i kind-of wish they had not expanded to occupy the rest of the block and instead just stacked the second tower on top of the previous site plan, leaving the other half of the site available for more development.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 4:44 AM
Proud Homer!

AG start-up company, Benson-Hill, is building a new HQ in 39 North - St. Louis' Agtech science district.

The $52 million, 160000-square-foot office building with labs is being built on the Danforth Plant Science Center campus.

Nearby is Bayer Crop Science, KWS SAAT SE & Co., Bunge Limited, Rabo AgriFinance and others.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 2:50 AM

I do wonder if this tower behind the PWC building will be the next part of BPV? This was the accidental render that was released a while back, so who knows if it's still in the works or not.

Last edited by futuresooner; Dec 17, 2019 at 3:02 PM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 5:06 AM
Proud Homer!

Opening late 2020,City Foundry-St. Louis in Midtown (near the Central West End and within Central Corridor) is cleaning up very nicely.

The roughly $220 million first phase redevelopment across from IKEA (to the southwest) is on the site of the former Century Electric Company, which made motors and generators.

Nearby, a $35-million, 153-room Westin Element Hotel is under construction.

Here's a list of committed TENANTS to move in thus far. They include Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, Punch Bowl Social, Chicago-based Fresh Thyme Market, etc.

Below, looking northeast toward St. Louis University and Grand Center A&E District. Also, looking east towards Downtown & Wells Fargo Advisors campus.

Below, looking southwest (CORTEX, IKEA). Looking west towards Central West End, and , 36-story 100 Kingshighway Tower under construction, 2 miles west.

Before (One view from the I-64 freeway)

After (Replaced view from I-64 freeway)

Last edited by Arch City; Dec 23, 2019 at 9:43 PM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 5:27 PM

Really terrific undertaking for this substantial rehab and redo of this site. The Fresh Thyme store is going to make a killing with SLU's campus right next door.

The revamping and continued development of this area is critical in the restitching/reconnection of solid development from downtown to the Central West End.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 2:52 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

i guess in a way this will sort of be SLUs new (prefab) "campustown." ironic since SLU went to so much trouble to erase the old one...an improvement nonetheless, i'll take the win.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 6:02 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Bricks are going up on Link in the Loop

photo by user rgbose on Flicker: link

more info at urbanstl: link

link to image source

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 6:07 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

New 1,200-Capacity Concert Venue The Sovereign to Open in Grand Center

link to story in Riverfront Times

Quote:
Grand Center just keeps growing and growing.

The thriving Midtown district, anchored by the historic Fox Theatre, is also home to the revered concert venue the Sheldon, as well as Powell Hall, home base of the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, among many other attractions of interest to fans of the arts.

And in recent years it's seen something of a renaissance, with KDHX (88.1 FM) setting up shop in the district's Larry J. Weir Center for Independent Media; jazz-club mainstay the Dark Room launching in the same building that houses the Grandel; and the opening of High Low, a "literary hub and cafe" just this month, just to name a few.

We can now add to that list a new 1,200-capacity venue, too.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 6:14 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Mixed use at 1001 Russell in Soulard is finishing up

photo by Alex Price on Flickr: link

photo by Alex Price on Flickr: link

image source

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 8:02 PM
Beer Stampede

Very nice projects and proposals happening here. Hopefully most of them will come to fruition.... especially large project along the riverfront!!

Old Posted Dec 25, 2019, 1:22 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Hibernia Apartments in Dogtown is just about finished up.

More info at urbanstl: link

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 7:00 AM
Proud Homer!

Expansion at the St. Louis University medical campus (SSM Health/SLUCare) continues.

Substantial completion of the new St. Louis University hospital is on track for May 2020.

Of the $550 million total budget for building and equipping the future SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital, $101 million is allocated to medical technology that will equip all facets of the operation and provide the latest means of patient care.

A few institutions in St. Louis University Medical Center
-300+bed St. Louis University Hospital & Level 1 Trauma Center (teaching hospital)
-School of Medicine
-St. Louis University Cancer Center
-College for Public Health and Social Justice
-School of Nursing
-SLU Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
-Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (teaching hospital)
-St. Louis University Eye Institute
-Collegiate School of Medicine & Bioscience (Magnet school)

Video Link

Last edited by Arch City; Dec 31, 2019 at 7:08 AM.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2019, 7:05 AM
Proud Homer!

The world-renowned Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis will start construction in January on a new $92 million visitor center.

The complex will replace the current center and give guests a larger, more accessible and streamlined place to start and stay for their visit.

The Jack C. Taylor Visitor Center is scheduled to open in spring 2022.

The Taylor (Enterprise Rent-A-Car) family donated “a lead gift” for the project, and the rest was privately funded.

The current Ridgway Visitor Center was built in 1982, meant to accommodate 250,000 visitors a year. Now, the garden welcomes nearly 1-million visitors annually.

The new building was designed by architect Ayers Saint Gross and landscape architect Michael Vergason. Alberici is managing construction. The entire project will be LEED-certified.

Visitors will first see new gardens in front of the building as well as wide pathways and more drop-off areas.

The center will include a lobby with a soaring, 50-foot ceiling that will serve as a beacon of sorts and be visible from Interstate 44.

Source

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations