HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Aqua in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 5:35 PM

Edit: Dupe

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 7:32 PM

For everyone that is having problems with the .avi, download the free version of quicktime, it will play it.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 8:15 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepplin100
ditto for me too, I can't see sh*t! avi is not a versatile format - would be great if you used mov or even mpeg.

DivX wants $20 for their non-trial version codec. no thanks!
I'll see what I can do. I've been figuring out 3DS Max all by myself, bit by bit. However, I can play .avi and I sure as hell didn't pay anything. EDIT: It would seem that 3DSM doesn't save to anything other than .avi without some kind of plugin which I don't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase
For everyone that is having problems with the .avi, download the free version of quicktime, it will play it.
Don't even need Quicktime.
http://www.xpcodecpack.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi_Coruscant
The architect is Jeanne Gang of Chicago, and while early sketches have circulated on the Internet, Loewenberg said they aren't accurate.
Uh-huh. Didn't BVic and Chicago Shawn say they saw some elevation pics and that they matched the model?

Last edited by STR; Mar 1, 2006 at 9:17 PM.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 8:30 PM
Condo Projects Manager

That would be BVic! I think they maybe referring to "sketches" not preliminary model pics.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 9:07 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam186
Steely, the article you are reffering to mentioned "sketches" not preliminary model pics that we have. BVic even comfirmed that the renderings he saw for Aqua was similar to the models we have. I think Lowenberg is trying to confuse us and through us off guard, but who knows.
good point, i completely forgot that victor said that. when lowenburg said that the stuff floating around the internet wasn't accurate, i automatically assumed he was referring to those model pics, but perhaps he's talking about some other leaked graphic imagery out there on the web. so who really knows what's going on anymore.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi_Coruscant
http://www.suntimes.com/output/roede...roeder011.html

...Also straight ahead for Lakeshore East is an 82-story building for residential units and perhaps a hotel. It's planned for the east side of Columbus Drive across from the Fairmont Hotel. The architect is Jeanne Gang of Chicago, and while early sketches have circulated on the Internet, Loewenberg said they aren't accurate.
Bullshit!!!!!

Shawn, can I get a little back up here??? How close is the model to the rendering that we saw?

^And true, what's circulating here certain aren't sketches.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 9:20 PM
THAT Guy

See, this is why we need to be more careful with "leaked" images. Annoying lurkers steal the images from these two forums and post them anywhere.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 9:24 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy
See, this is why we need to be more careful with "leaked" images. Annoying lurkers steal the images from these two forums and post them anywhere.
there's no way we can possibly be more careful with leaked images because that's the nature of the beast known as the world wide web. once something is on the web, it's out there for all to see. nothing should ever be posted on-line unless you're comfortable with the whole world seeing it.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 9:29 PM
THAT Guy

Of course there's the chance that someone will betray your trust and still post them elsewhere, but leaving images like that on imageshack which you have no control over and then posting them on a forum where anyone from Zekas to unregistered users can see them is rather stupid.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 9:34 PM
Because I'm Clever!

How is it stupid? Anyone involved with the project could have shot those pics. They were posted almost anonymously, the only link being an SSC user account and personal email account, neither of which are damning evidence if chosen smartly (like not using an email with your name or initials in it).

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 10:08 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Of course there's the chance that someone will betray your trust and still post them elsewhere, but leaving images like that on imageshack which you have no control over and then posting them on a forum where anyone from Zekas to unregistered users can see them is rather stupid.
you're missing my point. there is no way to safely and secretly post any sensitive info online. once something gets out there, it's out there, there's no way to be careful about it. if richardson felt that the pics of the model shouldn't be seen by the world, then he shouldn't have posted them on the WORLD wide web. he was the one who first posted them on a forum "where anyone from Zekas to unregistered users can see them". the duplication here on this forum becomes irrelevant at that point.

besides, richardson never asked me to take down the pics, even after i inquired to him. had he made the request, i would have happily obliged.

the world wide web is NOT a place for sensitive information. i had renderings for the beitler telecom tower 3 years ago, and i really, really wanted to post them online to share with all you forum people, but they were given to me in confidence and i was told to keep the project hush-hush, so that's exactly what i did. i knew that if i posted such sensitive info on the forum, that it would soon be around the world. i made some hints about the project, but i never divulged any actual info about or posted the renderings i had.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Mar 1, 2006 at 10:19 PM.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 10:14 PM
THAT Guy

Wasn't it that "king" fellow who posted the pictures?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 10:21 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ yes, you are correct, i am confusing the two of them. it was king of durians, not richardsonhomebuyers, who posted the model pictures.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 11:55 PM
Vertigo City

Lightbulb

Quote:
oh comon now, i know i lurk, but in not annoying!

if people are concerned with leaked images, someone can always set up a password protected ftp account with the images, that only chicago forumers could access, and that would keep sensitive images under wraps until its cool to display them publically. but that might be more trouble than its worth.

regardless, lowenburg is a lieing evil bastard. i was in the LSE sales center with victor and shawn oh so long ago, and those evil stares he was giving us were chilling to the bone. id like 5 minutes in the ring with him.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2006, 12:19 AM
Condo Projects Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivernorth
if people are concerned with leaked images, someone can always set up a password protected ftp account with the images, that only chicago forumers could access, and that would keep sensitive images under wraps until its cool to display them publically. but that might be more trouble than its worth.
That's a great idea! I would've never thought of that.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2006, 1:08 AM
~

well, not sure whether to be happy that the Aqua renderings aren't "accurate" or to be scared since Loewenburg might force the dumbing down of this project 'til it's crapitecture.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2006, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1
well, not sure whether to be happy that the Aqua renderings aren't "accurate" or to be scared since Loewenburg might force the dumbing down of this project 'til it's crapitecture.
Correctomundo.

Loewenberg won't be happy with Aqua until it's as pig-faced as the rest of his oeuvre.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2006, 2:06 AM
THAT Guy

That means the curves will be pressed into straight lines and any "unnecessary" aesthetics will be removed.

But seriously, I think he is just making this up. The building probably has changed slightly, but still enough for him to say something like that.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2006, 5:18 AM
Vertical Polyphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1
Bullshit!!!!!

Shawn, can I get a little back up here??? How close is the model to the rendering that we saw?

^And true, what's circulating here certain aren't sketches.
BVictor1, you've been so reliable that it is much easier to take your word than Lowenberg's. Personally, I hope the design doesn't change much. If done correctly this could be one fantastic building. What we need now are color renderings. Anyone with the goods, feel free to slip those under the forum's door.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2006, 12:31 PM

I can't promise anything, but this is another building the company I work for is currently preparing a bid for. I would assume that means they have renderings / contract drawings for it. I'll keep my eyes open.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive