HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 10:09 PM

Yeah two nights ago they started testing out some of the lights that will outline the signature design feature of the building.

By the way I'm happy to discuss alot of this. Pittsburgh has a great thread and I wish we could maintain that kind of activity.

Even if it's just a sentence or two about what you like. There are alot projects that haven't been mentioned and to talk about!

Old Posted Oct 2, 2015, 12:13 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

^I encourage you to check out the forum at UrbanOhio.com. I'm an Admin there, and there are a lot more projects discussed; this thread is mostly about major projects - the Pittsburgh thread has a little bit of everything.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 11:40 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

Maybe, just maybe - Cleveland's notorious parking lot blocks in the Warehouse District will be going away The first phase is in the lower portion of the rendering.

Weston, Citymark plan apartments for Warehouse District parking lots: First Look

By Michelle Jarboe, The Plain Dealer on November 20, 2015 at 5:00 AM, updated November 20, 2015 at 6:36 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Apartment buildings could start climbing early next year at the edge of a Warehouse District parking lot, forming the first corner of a project that eventually might grow to 1,200 residences spanning two city blocks.

Members of the Asher family have owned a sea of parking lots just northwest of Public Square for years. Now their family-run real estate company, Weston, Inc., is teaming up with Daniel Walsh, a well-known local banking executive who launched an apartment-investment business last year, to pursue a residential vision for one of the center city's largest blank spots.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...art_river_home

Old Posted Nov 21, 2015, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwho View Post
Wow, Cleveland has some great old building stock. That square is going to be amazing, hopefully it spurs some development of those surface lots to the west, if it hasn't already.
I think 1,200 new apartments and first level retail within two city blocks sounds about right.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2015, 6:03 PM
Never Dell

Like it.

Although developers and their lenders like to phase things to minimize their risk and simplify development challenges, this one might do better in one fell swoop. People will like the finished concept and the critical mass of people and services it'll bring, but Phase I will leave some of that for a "proposed" future they will understandably mistrust.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2015, 3:11 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Updated photos for the Hilton and Federal Building; moved West 25th Lofts from 'Proposed' to 'Under Construction'.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2016, 10:18 PM

One step closer to another building breaking the skyline. This one over the new parking garage downtown:

http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...realestatenews

Old Posted Jan 17, 2016, 3:13 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

I added a few projects and a few updates - kind of scary to realize I started this thread ten years ago...

New projects include the Lincoln - five-story condo building at Starkweather and Scranton in the Tremont neighborhood, currently at site prep stage:

925 Euclid - just secured tax credits for redevelopment into a massive mixed-use project:

Schofield/Kimpton Hotel and Residences - I'm amazed how great this building is shaping up:

And no renderings as of yet but I'm hearing rumors of a proposed 20-30 story residential tower in the Playhouse Square area. With that, check out this amazing image of proposed projects by forumer sizzlinbeef at UrbanOhio.com. There's a good discussion of which will happen, may happen, etc. http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/inde...html#msg786492

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 7:57 PM

New apartments going up in the West Bank:
http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...rt_river_index

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 2:06 PM

Haven't seen these on here, but there are two new Mid-Town projects that are getting started up quite soon:
Link59:
http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us...tail.php?ID=69
And recently completed Victory Center:
http://www.victorycentercleveland.com/
Also, anyone know or have an update on what's going on with the I-490 extension to University Circle? That happening?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 10:48 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

^Sorry for the delayed response - I'll be sure to add Link59, the proposal for the West Bank and a few others soon. I moved a few projects into 'Completed' and others into 'Under Construction'

Yes, the Opportunity Corridor project is underway - I believe they're starting first near the area of East 105th and Quincy.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 2:46 AM

Brickhaus Towers

Quote:
2 Towers
505 Units Total
4.62 Total Acres
Concierge, Amenities, Restaurant, Retail
Live-work Units

Old Posted May 24, 2016, 4:39 AM
Ex Houstonian

Photos I took a few days ago showing the new Hilton.

DSC_2712 by photolitherland, on Flickr

DSC_2740 by photolitherland, on Flickr

Also, where are all the Cleveland forumers and updates? I saw so much going on in the city, about the same amount of new development as Pittsburgh, yet theres rarely any posts on this page.

Old Posted May 24, 2016, 1:53 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Also, where are all the Cleveland forumers and updates? I saw so much going on in the city, about the same amount of new development as Pittsburgh, yet theres rarely any posts on this page.
They're all at http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/. As are Cincinnati's.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted May 24, 2016, 2:51 PM

Beautiful development! Gotta show love for my fellow rustbelt cities!

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 11:02 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

Great shots of the Hilton, thanks for posting them. As hammersklavier said, most of the discussion for Cleveland happens on UrbanOhio's forum. I try to make updates here as much as I can but I only have time to focus on the major developments. The Pittsburgh thread has updates/discussions about a lot of smaller projects, infrastructure and construction outside the city limits - it's not a bad thing, just a different focus.

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 7:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
As hammersklavier said, most of the discussion for Cleveland happens on UrbanOhio's forum. I try to make updates here as much as I can but I only have time to focus on the major developments. The Pittsburgh thread has updates/discussions about a lot of smaller projects, infrastructure and construction outside the city limits - it's not a bad thing, just a different focus.
It's not really that it's a different focus. There are simply just more (or more active) Pittsburgh forumers and possibly a greater overall interest on the forum in development there than there is in Cleveland. More active thread due to more contributors/more interest = more news/projects featured than just the major developments.

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 8:08 PM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Maybe, just maybe - Cleveland's notorious parking lot blocks in the Warehouse District will be going away The first phase is in the lower portion of the rendering.

Weston, Citymark plan apartments for Warehouse District parking lots: First Look

By Michelle Jarboe, The Plain Dealer on November 20, 2015 at 5:00 AM, updated November 20, 2015 at 6:36 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Apartment buildings could start climbing early next year at the edge of a Warehouse District parking lot, forming the first corner of a project that eventually might grow to 1,200 residences spanning two city blocks.

Members of the Asher family have owned a sea of parking lots just northwest of Public Square for years. Now their family-run real estate company, Weston, Inc., is teaming up with Daniel Walsh, a well-known local banking executive who launched an apartment-investment business last year, to pursue a residential vision for one of the center city's largest blank spots.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...art_river_home
If downtown can get this size master plan built out along with the huge new modern park, downtown will be feeling incredible.

Love the Brickhaus Towers too. They look great.

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 8:15 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinlee View Post
If downtown can get this size master plan built out along with the huge new modern park, downtown will be feeling incredible.

Love the Brickhaus Towers too. They look great.
Cleveland's downtown is so underrated. Euclid in particular has an excellent collection of early 20th century commercial architecture.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted May 26, 2016, 2:55 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

Sincere question - does Pittsburgh/Pennsylvania have a comparable equivalent to UrbanOhio? Not talking blogs or Instagram accounts or eNewswhateverthekidscallit but a comparable apples-to-apples messageboard format that reaches a similar audience and scope?

UrbanOhio is a spin off of SSP and took a lot of the "day to day" updates with it but the format seems to work because new members keep coming. Just curious as to whether anything like that was considered for Pittsburgh and if yes/no - why did or didn't it happen? Does anyone moderate the Pittsburgh thread on an active basis or is it on an "as reported" basis? I just wonder if UrbanOhio never materialized - how would things be different?

In about two years, I'll have been an SSP forumer for 20 years and it's interesting to look back and see how our community (architecture/skyscraper/urban geeks) and our outlets to connect with each other have grown and evolved.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations