HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 4:12 PM
Halifax Promoter!

What does a F.A.R. of 7.5 mean exactly... Please explain like I don't understand... which is what it is... ha, ha...

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 4:37 PM

Here's a good explanation of FAR with diagrams:
https://www.shapeyourcityhalifax.ca/...ocuments/15253

Basically if the building takes up its entire site and all floors are equal, then it can be 7.5 stories high. If it takes up less area, then it can be taller (up to a point). In all likelihood, only the podium would use close to the maximum plot area, so it could be several stories taller.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 5:06 PM
Halifax Promoter!

Thank you so much... reading this now.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 5:11 PM

Saw this in the Toronto Thread:

https://canada.constructconnect.com/...NT-mainweb.jpg

It's the new bridge for the large Port Lands development. It is being fabricated and painted here in Woodside and then shipped to Toronto.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 5:18 PM
Volatile Pacivist

???

When they posted it in the other thread titled Dartmouth bridge I assumed it was made by a company named Dartmouth or on a street named Dartmouth or something. Since when do we produce bridges?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
???

When they posted it in the other thread titled Dartmouth bridge I assumed it was made by a company named Dartmouth or on a street named Dartmouth or something. Since when do we produce bridges?
I was also confused by that. I though there must be a new development on the Toronto waterfront called Dartmouth.

That Canada forum is a wild and wooly place!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
???

Cherubini have been making Bridge components for the New York City area since shortly after 9/11.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 11:20 PM

Cherubini is one of those local companies that really slips under the radar. They have done huge projects in Canada and US. The ones in the US northeast are particularly impressive because of the local competition. Cherubini Group also has many other companies locally.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Imagine how much better something like this would have looked as the footbridge at the Micmac parclo instead of the thing that looks like a crane holding up a piece of decking.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth