HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 4:01 AM
DENNAB

Sounds good!

We now have potential 1000+ footers in Newark and Brooklyn plus potential 900 footers in Queens and JC (and Brooklyn as well).

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 5:34 AM

OMG this is too outrageous . . .
Manhattan would do very well to have this project . . .
for Newark ? - I'll believe it when I see it - but I hope it happens . . .
Our regional metropolitan area needs every economic and aesthetic boost it can get.
Newark has two extremely fine noble old towers on it's skyline . . .
the newer stuff not so much (aesthetically) . . .
That Jersey town could surely use these .

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 6:02 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

Can this be legit?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 6:09 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
Can this be legit?
Its a real project, but I'm not getting excited for it as it will just be luck if it actually happens. I wish the best for Newark, but this is too good for the city. Just have to be patient with it. Newark is overdue for a massive boom. A JC style boom.

If we don't get the supertall in the long run, worst I can see happening is this being 500-600 feet. Which is great as it's a new tallest. But as mentioned before, keep thy fingers crossed.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 1:39 PM

That Teacher's Village proposal has been around forever. A 1000ft residential tower in Newark? I'll believe it when I see it. (And I hope I do!!)

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 8:05 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Maybe some NYC firms would relocate for cheaper rents?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 4:56 PM

I can't find the confirmation by the CTBUH.

And I also like how people forget there is an airport less than 5 miles south of downtown which would pose a problem with heights. It'd be cool for this to occur don't get me wrong but 50-60 stories maximum(and I'm being generous) would be more realistic.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
I can't find the confirmation by the CTBUH.

And I also like how people forget there is an airport less than 5 miles south of downtown which would pose a problem with heights. It'd be cool for this to occur don't get me wrong but 50-60 stories maximum(and I'm being generous) would be more realistic.
There are many reasons why this tower might not hit 1000ft, but I doubt Newark Airport is one of them. Downtown Newark is nowhere near the flight path.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 5:03 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Its in their database for cities. Just confirming that the approximations where on spot for the tower in terms of height and floors. Off by a foot which is pretty accurate.

In terms of the airport, I don't think that exact location is near a flight path, unlike Ironbound which planes come pretty close too. Its cutting the boundaries of it, but it might not be a big of issue compared to landing a tenant.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 6:50 PM

Newark airport is not a factor. Planes go well east of here.

Like other proposals we've seen in JC, I suspect they'll use the 1000ft height to draw attention and then the final product will be cut down to the 500-800ft range. That makes much more sense for Newark at this point.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2015, 7:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Interview with Ron Beit:

The Four Corners Millennium Project is the architectural heart of Newark. You are credited with addressing the historic district in a comprehensive, integrated manner. What attracted you to the Four Corners, and what difference do you think your development will make to Newark?

Quote:
Old-school New Jerseyans grew up shopping at the Four Corners of Broad and Market Street, and there’s a real sensitivity to this intersection, so because of that the city was very focused on making sure that it gets redeveloped. It’s also a very important location vis-à-vis the nodes of development starting to emerge. This is the intersection that creates a continuous experience connecting the downtown, as it once did.

There was difficulty building consensus among the many constituents holding parcels around this intersection, so we devised an ownership structure that would work for everyone and this singular maneuver made it a viable project, at least one that can even be pursued. After this project, the downtown will be well on its way to new heights and on a new trajectory.

What aspect of the Four Corners project do you find most exciting?

Quote:
Activating this intersection in a way that’s respectful of the historic use, which was just commercial retail, but adding a new twist. We intend to activate it with a significant residential population. It’s going to elevate Newark to 21st-century global levels, with world-famous architects designing buildings that will be socially minded and set the standard for 21st-century development.
=============================
https://nextcity.org/daily/entry/new...pment-ron-beit

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals