HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 9:11 AM

106.3 voices fm...

i just noticed a poster on the bus stop and tuned in and couldn't figure it out for a bit - finally found some info online when i got home - apparently its been on the air for a number of months now and its got quite the eclectic playlist from M.I.A. to the beatles to bat for lashes to theory of a deadman kd lang kt tunsall to nina simone and most stuff u never hear anywhere - kinda interesting

anyone been a listener?

its an aborginal station apparently

http://106-3fm.com

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
i just noticed a poster on the bus stop and tuned in and couldn't figure it out for a bit - finally found some info online when i got home - apparently its been on the air for a number of months now and its got quite the eclectic playlist from M.I.A. to the beatles to bat for lashes to theory of a deadman kd lang kt tunsall to nina simone and most stuff u never hear anywhere - kinda interesting

anyone been a listener?

its an aborginal station apparently

http://106-3fm.com
Great station. I love the mix. I've been listening to it for several months now at work after "discovering" it accidentally. We were wondering what the station was since there's such little talk. Around noon they would play a little bit of aboriginal music, which I guess would make it an aboriginal station.

I'm guessing that it's a low-powered station though, as I could receive it in a certain part of Vancouver but have trouble receiving it elsewhere, including downtown.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment