HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 21, 2015, 4:18 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
I think the state street project will look be better than what's currently there. Although it is disappointing to see an overall decline in units and a higher end orientation. I knew a lot of students and university employees who lived in that complex. The orientation also bugs me. Surely they could rotate it a little and preserve green space on all sides (and more between the neighbors) and align it with the streets.

Still, a big increase in housing is coming with the other approved projects. I wonder if the Sara Mayo developers will continue to fight for more units or if the approval for lower density will delay that project significantly. That's a good spot for quick access to the CBD and expressway, not to mention near several bus lines.

NOPSI looks very nice. If that corner is planned as an outdoor cafe, that could be a really cool spot.
Outdoor patio and bar and yes I think it will be a cool spot. Also after seeing plans for NOPSI Hotel, this city is about to see an explosion of rooftop bars, lounges, pools. Its always been a strangely missing thing from this city but that wont be the case for much longer.

These are the proposed rooftop pools and/or bars coming to the city(im not including residential projects) (going to try and find a rendering or floorplan for each one)

1. The Jung Hotel and Apartments

2. NOPSI Hotel

3. Moxy Hotel St Charles Avenue

4. Virgin Hotel

5. Ace Hotel

6. Pontchartrain Hotel

7. Four Seasons

8. TownPlace/Spring Hill Suites on Canal

- No renderings for this one but press release said there "A distinguishing feature of the property will be its rooftop, which is being transformed into an 8,000-square-foot garden overlooking Canal Street with an outdoor bar, exercise room and guest laundry area."

Read more: http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...#ixzz3s8zMsUyf

9. Union Street Hotel

10. Joie de vivre

11. Hotel Loren

12. Hotel on corner of Julia and Baronne

13 Aloft New Orleans :

SPLASH ROOFTOP POOL
Jump in and revive, swim laps, or lounge in style at our outdoor rooftop pool. Take a dip anytime - morning, noon, or night.

Also Im sure whatever ends up winning the Piaza Di Italia development will have one and whatever ends up happening at the Convention Center.

Last edited by tennis1400; Nov 21, 2015 at 4:53 PM.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2015, 9:29 PM

317 N. Rampart

They're going full speed on this project (were out there today with a large crew and heavy equipment). Just up the street from 1031 Canal. Gonna be a lot of activity in that area in the next year or so.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2015, 5:41 AM
-

201 South Villere: (going full steam ahead with stuccoing right now and rough ins):

The Jung Hotel (Crane Arrived):

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 12:48 AM
-

201 South Villere Updates from today (11-25-15)

The Jung Hotel Garage Walls Going Up:

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 2:46 PM

Hey Tennis.

Been following this board for a while and i might have missed your explanation, but what made you choose that spot to build a residence? Was the property even zoned residential? I just find it to be an interesting location.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 3:07 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitFrog View Post
Hey Tennis.

Been following this board for a while and i might have missed your explanation, but what made you choose that spot to build a residence? Was the property even zoned residential? I just find it to be an interesting location.
Not a weird question at all! To be completely honest that wasn't my plan when I purchased the property. I bought it for pure speculation several years ago since I felt reasonably certain the area was only going to improve because of the medical centers nearby. Obviously, I didn't know about the current hotels being developed or redeveloped adjacent to the site either. Some belief that would happen eventually, sure, but this quickly I couldn't have anticipated that much in this area. That being said, I sure look smart now! lol Also at the time I purchased the property until after I pulled my permit, the area allowed almost any use( including single family). With the adoption of the new CZO, single and two family uses are basically the only things prohibited so that will ensure this will be the only single family in the area for quite some time. On top of that, I decided because of my low purchase price to try a single family home there because it was so different. Ultimately, I think its a good investment that I can get a good return on if I were to sell or rent the place, especially in a year or so when these neighboring properties start to come on line. The biggest deal for me will be the Charity redevelopment since its so massive and includes half the buildings on my block. The value proposition that I see with this project is that someone can have all the conveniences of single family living, but in a centralized location. No neighbors to disturb, lots of space , easy offstreet parking , private courtyard and pool. Just my thoughts! Will it appeal to everyone, No, but its not meant to!

Last edited by tennis1400; Nov 25, 2015 at 3:19 PM.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 8:28 PM

Deep South Studios' $63.5 million Algiers project clears New Orleans City Council

The New Orleans City Council cleared the way Tuesday (Dec. 1) for Deep South Studios to begin building in Algiers a project billed as the largest movie-making complex between Atlanta and Albuquerque, N.M.

"It's going to be a major impact in Algiers and in the city," Councilwoman Nadine Ramsey said. "We're excited about the jobs that it's going to bring, and the opportunities for the neighborhood for further development along that area."...

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...6_million.html

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 10:46 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post
Deep South Studios' $63.5 million Algiers project clears New Orleans City Council

The New Orleans City Council cleared the way Tuesday (Dec. 1) for Deep South Studios to begin building in Algiers a project billed as the largest movie-making complex between Atlanta and Albuquerque, N.M.

"It's going to be a major impact in Algiers and in the city," Councilwoman Nadine Ramsey said. "We're excited about the jobs that it's going to bring, and the opportunities for the neighborhood for further development along that area."...

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...6_million.html
Such a great location for a studio. I imagine it will do very well! great news for Algiers!

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Such a great location for a studio. I imagine it will do very well! great news for Algiers!
It really is. I wonder if this project will revive the entrance/exit ramp project at LB Landry Ave...

Oh and your house is coming along very nicely...Looks great...

Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 4:34 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post
It really is. I wonder if this project will revive the entrance/exit ramp project at LB Landry Ave...

Oh and your house is coming along very nicely...Looks great...
Either way I wish they would revive that because I think that project could single handedly change Algiers and Algiers Point specifically. It would be so much more convenient for the area and would make it more connected with the east bank.

Photos from today of my house.. thanks for the compliments: Im trying to get this thing finished quickly:

The Jung Hotel:

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 2:24 AM

Clarion/Hotel 504 sells

http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...-florida-group

Canal Street hotel sells to Florida group

Quote:
The recently rebranded Hotel 504 at 1300 Canal St., a 157-room hotel formerly flagged as a Clarion Inn & Suites, sold to a South Florida group for $20.4 million, according to Civil District Court conveyance records in Orleans Parish. The deal closed Nov. 18. The buyer is a corporate entity linked to InSite Group, a boutique real estate investment and development company based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The sale represents the company’s first purchase in New Orleans... the Hotel 504 sale was likely bolstered by the recent opening of the new University Medical Center just down the street.

The hotel dropped its Clarion flag and rebranded as an independent property earlier this year after undergoing a renovation. According to the city permitting office, a permit was issued in November to allow for a signage change... Orleans Parish Assessor’s Office records show that Khan Properties has owned the building since 1997, when it was purchased from the administrators of the Tulane Educational Fund for $1.1 million. The 15-story building had been previously used as a residence hall for the nearby Tulane medical school.
----------------------------------

On another note, 1031 Canal Street has added this image to their website www.1031canal.com:

----------------------------------

Quote:
1. The Jung Hotel and Apartments
I like the design but wish they'd cut some windows into the facade facing Canal Street.

Last edited by Blitzen; Dec 3, 2015 at 3:28 AM.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 6:08 AM
-

Behind that facade is a parking garage so not sure if that would work.

Guys Ive Been Posting a lot of new things on my tumblr so if anyone want to copy and post here feel free too I just get to busy to do it. Tumblr is so much easier for me to post to!

Last edited by tennis1400; Dec 3, 2015 at 4:46 PM.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Behind that facade is a parking garage so not sure if that would work.

Guys Ive Been Posting a lot of new things on my tumblr so if anyone want to copy and post here feel free too I just get to busy to do it. Tumblr is so much easier for me to post to!

Definitely keeping tabs on both this forum and your blog, Tennis. Great work as always.

You know, I'm typically ambivalent towards developments that are tourist-centric, but I really dig what they're planning to do with that old Scottish Rite temple on Carondelet. A "dinner with a live show" venue seems very appropriate for the space, and if they do it well enough I can see myself bringing a date there once or twice. Better than another hotel in my book!

I live not far from that new Chartres development in the Bywater and I didn't realize how that property they're developing borders the entrance staircase to Crescent Park! I figured it would've been set back a good ways seeing as how there's a large plot of land right there. I can see why they were so conciliatory during the approval process -- they know there'll be a lot of foot traffic for that ground floor cafe. If that's a green wall on the rooftop, however, I don't think I can fully support the design... I can't remember the last time I saw green walls work in this area despite Josh Bruno's attempts.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 6:24 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderOz View Post
Definitely keeping tabs on both this forum and your blog, Tennis. Great work as always.

You know, I'm typically ambivalent towards developments that are tourist-centric, but I really dig what they're planning to do with that old Scottish Rite temple on Carondelet. A "dinner with a live show" venue seems very appropriate for the space, and if they do it well enough I can see myself bringing a date there once or twice. Better than another hotel in my book!

I live not far from that new Chartres development in the Bywater and I didn't realize how that property they're developing borders the entrance staircase to Crescent Park! I figured it would've been set back a good ways seeing as how there's a large plot of land right there. I can see why they were so conciliatory during the approval process -- they know there'll be a lot of foot traffic for that ground floor cafe. If that's a green wall on the rooftop, however, I don't think I can fully support the design... I can't remember the last time I saw green walls work in this area despite Josh Bruno's attempts.
FenderOZ my plans only show the first floor.. the second floor I couldn't find but will be an incredible space for really interesting performances and cirque type events. Definitely think it will be something unique for tourist and locals.

There are two separate developments planned for that block on Chartres one at 3200 and another at 3220. That leaves a similar sized parcel in the middle.

This is 3220 Chartres

3200 Chartres Again:

Last edited by tennis1400; Dec 3, 2015 at 6:53 PM.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 6:49 PM

Ah, ok. I thought this was all the same development on Chartres.

This article suggests that 3200 Chartres was the one with condos, ground floor cafe, and a (sigh) green wall. When I saw this development had 12 condos instead of 16, I figured they made that change to get final approval.

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2015...water.php#more

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 7:38 PM
TL;DR

Awesome. I wasn't aware of 3200 Chartres but looks awesome. Those perforated panels will be dope.

3220 looks nice, but doesn't wow me. I am glad they're putting a commercial space in, though. Great place for a coffee shop or something at the entrance to the park. Chartres really needs to have more retail in general. I can't tell if 3200 has a retail space or not... there's something there, but it might just be the residential entrance lobby and bike storage or something.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 8:16 PM

Theater on Broad in Mid-City

This was announced quite a while ago, and then I don't remember hearing anything more about it- the theater on N. Broad has been under construction this whole time (though you couldn't really tell from the outside). They're hoping to open within the next 2 weeks:

http://midcitymessenger.com/2015/12/...ng-owner-says/

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 12:22 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
This was announced quite a while ago, and then I don't remember hearing anything more about it- the theater on N. Broad has been under construction this whole time (though you couldn't really tell from the outside). They're hoping to open within the next 2 weeks:

http://midcitymessenger.com/2015/12/...ng-owner-says/

Yeah thought that might be a dead project good to see opening soon!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 12:24 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Awesome. I wasn't aware of 3200 Chartres but looks awesome. Those perforated panels will be dope.

3220 looks nice, but doesn't wow me. I am glad they're putting a commercial space in, though. Great place for a coffee shop or something at the entrance to the park. Chartres really needs to have more retail in general. I can't tell if 3200 has a retail space or not... there's something there, but it might just be the residential entrance lobby and bike storage or something.
There is retail at the bottom of both projects. About 1500 or so square feet in each.

Some Pics from Around downtown today:

DDay Garage:

Office Building on St joseph:

The Beacon:

Okeefe Garage:

Dave and Busters:

Plans for Nola Luna:

Full Plans for 3220 Chartres:

Joie De Vivre:

The Canopy By Hilton Hotel:

The California Building:

Moxy Hotel CBD:

The Jung Hotel:

New Orleans metro forecast to be America's 6th hottest housing market in 2016

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...nsfers_article

Major Demolition on Tulane:

2826 Tulane Ave·Demolition ·Ref Code: 4RJS5K
Download (1) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Sam Bailey
Application Review
Date Filed:
12/1/2015 8:42:52 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Demolish vacant commercial structure to grade as per owner’s request and NCDAC approval. A licensed plumber must secure a separate permit from the Sewerage & Water Board to cap off sewer lines and remove water meters prior to demolition. Any further use shall require a separate permit. Plans to follow.

Some pictures of my house at 201 South Villere from Today:

Redevelopment of 700 Baronne Street

Basin Street redevelopment:

Coffe and Wine Bistro planned for 719 South Peters

6007 Bullard Ave·Design Review · Project #DR117-15 ·Ref Code: 61FN3S
Download (3) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Design Review
Applicant:
Greg McGahey
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
10/30/2015 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Design review in CT for ermergency room.

5400 Dwyer Rd·Stormwater Management, Design Review · Project #DR116-15 / SW005-15 ·Ref Code: CTU2PY
Download (4) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Stormwater Management, Design Review
Applicant:
Entergy New Orleans Inc
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
11/4/2015 12:32:14 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Design review in CT / Stormwater address for solar power generation facility

4100 Canal St, 4106 Canal St, 4108 Canal St, 4727 S Carrollton Ave, 41·Stormwater Management, Design Review · Project #DR103-15 / SW004-15 ·Ref Code: 6C8KSC
Download (12) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Stormwater Management, Design Review
Applicant:
Greg McGahey
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
9/30/2015 4:17:40 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Design Review and Stormwater Management Plan Review for new emergency medical facility.

3001-3005 General De Gaulle Dr·Design Review

· Project #DR115-15 ·Ref Code: 3LDJZR

Download (1)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
Typeesign ReviewApplicantarks Square LLCStatus:Completeness ReviewDate Filed:10/28/2015 12:00:00 AMClosed:NoDescription

Design review in corridor transformation overlay

Deal is Inked for $12M Tipitina's Lakefront Festival Park

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2015...leans-east.php

3940 Thalia St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: ML36M3
Download (7) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Broad Strokes LLC
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
10/21/2015 11:03:33 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Renovate vacant space into a shell only as per plans. Use and occupancy shall require a separate permit.

Ruby Slipper Will Close Original Location & Move to Broad Street in 2016

http://nola.eater.com/2015/11/25/979...on-new-orleans

2215 Magazine St: Christian Rodriguez, applicant; Anthony D Irpino, owner;
New three-story mixed use ground floor commercial and multi-family building. Renovation of existing two-story residence including re-location of the building.

3431 Chartres St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: RCYFAA
Download (2) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Michelle Burkart
HDLC NO ARC Meeting
Date Filed:
10/14/2015 12:57:55 PM
Closed:
No
Description
This is for HDLC review by the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) only!! New construction of eight (8) unit multi-family apartments in a three (3) story building on a currently vacant lot at 3431 Chartres Street.

739 Canal St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: 5G110Y
Download (1) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Troy Huffer
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
11/20/2015 4:08:39 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Remodel of an existing tenant space into a new True Religion Jeans store.

http://www.truereligion.com/

Last edited by tennis1400; Dec 4, 2015 at 6:11 AM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 5:27 PM

A few updates from Mid-City

The former Home Depot site. CVS is undergoing exterior bricking and interior work and two pile-drivers were put up yesterday for the large building in the back and the three smaller buildings along the greenway. I still haven't heard who the new tenants will be.
20151203_155855

Medical facility on Bienville
2015-12-04 11.06.58

Stirling's office/retail project next to Mid-City Market
20151105_131921

I've also seen crews and crane working on top of the Mid-City Center building (which contains Little Tokyo). I seem to remember that they were planning to put a few apartments there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations