HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Apr 29, 2013, 2:55 PM
Community Guy

EDMONTON | Station Point | ~?m | Multiple

(http://stationpointegreens.ca/wp-con...PG-IMAGE-6.jpg)

(http://stationpointegreens.ca/wp-con...rs-372x446.gif)

Station Pointe Greens (SPG), a 219 unit residential and commercial development in North East Edmonton represents a significant advancement in sustainable affordable high-rise living. Based on years of research and design development by a team of expert consultants, SPG is poised to become a leading edge multi-family residential development for North America incorporating a multitude of sustainability features including:

90% reduction in heating and cooling costs
Near net-zero design (net-zero ready)
100% self contained and user controlled heating/cooling and ventilation (hypo-allergenic design)
On-site waste-water processing and re-use for irrigation and water closets
Passive House design
Roof-top gardens and amenity space
Consisting of 4 connected towers, each with its own co-operative community, SPG will provide both affordable ownership and continuing cooperative home options in one of the most environmentally advanced and energy efficient multi-family developments in North America.

All units will have underground parking and secured bicycle storage. Plans include an on-site daycare, large community amenity space, and accessible rooftop lounge and gardens for residents to grow flowers and vegetables and enjoy year round.

The ground floor facing Fort Road will contain commercial spaces which will be designed to provide complementary goods and services to both the residents and community at large. SPG is ideally located just a 5 minute walk to the Belvedere LRT and bus hub.

Consisting of 4 connected towers, each with its own co-operative community, SPG provides both ownership and continuing cooperative home options within the cooperative community model.

Tower A (West corner) will consist of 25 apartments occupied by persons connected to the arts community and is sponsored by Artist Urban Village.
Tower B (mid-block) will consist of 45 apartments sponsored by CPA (Canadian Paraplegic Association) with 10 units targeted to persons in wheelchairs.
Tower C(North corner) will consist of 85 units sponsored by the University Housing Co-op, and is primarily targeted to students, staff and faculty of post-secondary institutions.
Tower D (North East side) will consist of 54 apartments and is being considered for development as a mature adult 55+ community, with apartments available for both regular and life-lease occupancy.
Townhouses (10) will face South East onto the inner street.

http://stationpointegreens.ca

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 29, 2013, 2:56 PM
DRINK

looks like the old remand center....

Old Posted Apr 30, 2013, 2:44 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Apr 30, 2013, 2:45 PM
Community Guy

Another developer doing low-rise beside it.

(http://www.stationpointe.com/images/picture.png)

Old Posted Apr 30, 2013, 6:00 PM

They can't be serious?? Holy crap is that awful!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2013, 6:18 PM
Editor

The concept, location and the amenities are great, but the design is god awful. I imagine the design will be changed?

There's been some good design in Edmonton lately....this one comes straight out of left field.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2013, 9:58 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Aug 13, 2015, 8:18 PM

Cancelled

July, 2015:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...691/story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmonton Journal
High hopes for the desolate fields in Fort Road’s Station Pointe development have again been dashed.

Communitas, a co-op developer once on the cusp of building a $69-million, 210-unit complex, has officially pulled out of a land sales contract with the city, leaving behind pretty sidewalks and not much else.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive