HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 2:52 AM
Meh

AUSTIN | 99 Trinity Tower | 467 FEET | 38 FLOORS

The tract is at 97 Trinity Street.

http://www.statesman.com/business/re...t-2427051.html
Quote:
Firm buys lakefront tract near Four Seasons; development plans unclear

By Shonda Novak

Updated: 10:19 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 2, 2012
Published: 7:46 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 2, 2012

World Class Capital Group, an Austin-based investment and asset management firm, confirmed Thursday that it has purchased a 1-acre tract next to the Four Seasons Hotel and Residences along Lady Bird Lake. Development plans for the site have not been disclosed.

The purchase of the land at Trinity and East Cesar Chavez streets closed Tuesday at an undisclosed price. The seller was Trinity Street Joint Venture, a partnership that includes San Antonio-based Hixon Properties Inc.

"The chance to acquire a site with high-density development potential, expansive views of Lady Bird Lake, and frontage along the Waller Creek redevelopment presented an unparalleled opportunity," said Nate Paul, president and CEO of World Class Capital Group.

The World Class Capital site is approved for 524,000 square feet of development and has no height restrictions, making the land even more valuable, said Dani Tristan, a broker with McAllister & Associates. And the lake views are "an amenity not everybody can say they have," Tristan said.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 3:15 AM
Meh

The link includes an aerial Google map of the tract and a site plan showing the building's footprint. It shows the building's lobby and a restaurant fronting Cesar Chavez Street and a garage entrance.

http://downtownaustinblog.org/2012/0...at-97-trinity/
Quote:
New Apartment Tower At 97 Trinity?

BY JUDE GALLIGAN | AUGUST 9, 2012 |

Based on conceptual plans filed with the City of Austin, national real estate developer Wood Partners could be entering the downtown Austin apartment market with a tower at the southeast corner of Trinity @ Cesar Chavez. Recently, it was announced that the one-acre site was sold from Hixon Properties to World Class Capital Group.

The plans refer to the project as “Trinity Place.”

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 4:31 PM
Resident Moron

I would have thought a hotel would make the most sense given it's proximity to the convention center and the new Waller Creek riverwalk thing.

Waiting on something to happen with the block to the West of the convention center on Ceasar Chavez as well.

That said, I think the author is correct. Because of the tower to the South it means you can expect a good retail base and a decent sized garage to make sure that views from the apartments would get a river view. Could wind up with a 400 footer here.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 5:56 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post

That said, I think the author is correct. Because of the tower to the South it means you can expect a good retail base and a decent sized garage to make sure that views from the apartments would get a river view. Could wind up with a 400 footer here.
The Lakeside Apartments building is 142 feet to the mechanical penthouse and 130 feet to the main roof. It wouldn't be too difficult to reach that height if they did that.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 7:14 PM

I used to row out of that building! I'm surprised it took this long to redevelop the land...

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 11:14 PM
Meh

Giggity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
39 floors, 369 apartment units, ground floor retail

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 4:30 PM
Resident Moron

So.. probably near 450 or so feet, throw in any kind of rooftop element and it could push North of 500.

Nice size for the area, and it will be nice to get a little balance into that part of downtown as well. We need something to bridge the gap between Congress and Rainey.

Throw in the Fairmont nearby and that's a nice little area.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 7:32 PM
Meh

This says it's being called 99 Trinity Tower now and is still planned as a 39-story tower. Assuming the height ratio is the same as the Four Seasons Residences next to it, this tower should be around 465 feet to the mainroof and about 488 feet to the mechanical penthouse. That would make it our 4th tallest. That's just a guessimate, not an official number.

The link includes a mock up rendering by the Downtown Austin Blog showing an "envelope" showing its approximate size and the location.

http://downtownaustinblog.org/2013/1...unit-highrise/
Quote:
Trinity Tower: Planning a 39 Story, 350 Unit Highrise

Last year we discovered planning efforts for an apartment tower with the working name of “Trinity Place.” The forlorn metal building on the corner of Trinity and Cesar Chavez was acquired by World Class Capital Group.

Since then, there hasn’t been a peep out of the site leaving many of us wondering what would happen there. We’ve now discovered some proof-of-life based on public records filed by the engineering team.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Nov 13, 2013, 6:53 PM
Chairman

Excellent location. This should easliy fill the gap on southern skyline created by the convention center.

-sb

Old Posted Nov 15, 2013, 3:26 AM
Meh

It's got legs. The article is more of the same of what we've already heard, but it also includes a rendering with it. This is the first rendering we've seen of it.

http://www.statesman.com/news/busine...owntown/nbsZx/
Quote:
Posted: 5:26 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14, 2013
39-story apartment tower planned downtown

By Shonda Novak
American-Statesman Staff

More luxury apartments will take up residence downtown, this time in a planned $100 million tower that will rise 39 stories and feature 350 luxury apartments with views of Lady Bird Lake and downtown.

Gromatzky Dupree & Associates

Thou shall not indict

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Nov 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2013, 8:41 PM

Site Plan was filed on 12/17 and includes elevations:

https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=11066037

Old Posted Dec 18, 2013, 11:55 PM
them bones

I dropped the PDF into CAD. In looking at the grading and drainage plan, the lowest finish floor of the lobby is about +462. Using that and the elevation, the top of the mechanical enclosure is 460'-0". The restaurant lease space further east down Cesar Chavez is 6'-6" lower, but doesn't appear to connect into the main lobby.

That's probably a pretty safe estimate for the thread title.

There seems to be alot going on with the facade here. Not sure I like the flat sections above the curved portion. But I digress, another nice filler building for Austin!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 1:37 PM
Meh

So the highest elevation above sea level for the mechanical penthouse roof seems to be 920 feet.

Shouldn't the restaurant space be included? It is within the main tower isn't it? The lowest elevation I could see for the grade elevation was 453 feet where the restaurant space is. So that would put the height at 467 feet for the mechanical penthouse.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
So the highest elevation above sea level for the mechanical penthouse roof seems to be 920 feet.

Shouldn't the restaurant space be included? It is within the main tower isn't it? The lowest elevation I could see for the grade elevation was 453 feet where the restaurant space is. So that would put the height at 467 feet for the mechanical penthouse.
You came up with the same number I did. The restaurant is connected if you look at the elevations on the last page (#35).

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 6:48 PM
them bones

^Agreed, if you include the restaurant entry at Cesar Chavez you get 466'-6" with a small margin of error. So 467'.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 6:50 PM

I'm glad we worked it all out. Six inches can make a big difference - depending on the context.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 7:32 PM

It's not an amazing design for that location, but it's pretty. I'm a fan of this. Hope we see it happen.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 10:21 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
It's not an amazing design for that location, but it's pretty. I'm a fan of this. Hope we see it happen.
It's solid infill. Reasonably attractive, not an eyesore, doesn't command attention.

i.e. it's not a new Hilton Convention Center, which is a win.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 5:38 AM
Meh

I'm actually really pumped for this one. It sort of reminds me of the original 21C proposal with similar materials and color glass. Plus, that area of downtown needs some work.

So going with that number to the mechanical penthouse, I also measured out the other heights with a slip of paper, marking it and holding it up to the monitor to measure.

467 feet - mechanical penthouse roof
426 feet - main roof
416 feet - top floor (38th floor).

There's also a setback at the 31st floor on the east side of the building that is at 346 feet. The garage parapet appears to be 106 feet.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 8:48 PM

99 Trinity, The Fairmont and the three Waller Park Place towers are basically clustered around the Red River/Cesar Chavez intersection. This means by late 2014 or early 2015 there could be at least nine tower cranes working that location considering that four of the buildings should have two cranes.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive