HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 10:09 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
State Farm had no interest in moving their HQ out of Illinois but when they reorganized and created 25,000 new jobs, they chose three different reliably red states. But for Colorado who needs all those lower-middle and middle income jobs anyway when the state has proven capable of luring companies that pay high $'s? There are worse things than being elitist. If everyone makes bank then who needs affordable housing?
Oh please. State Farm opened the equivalent of three giant call centers in Tempe, Dallas and Dallas. These aren't lower-middle and middle income jobs. They are predominantly minimum wage, at least I ain't stocking shelves at Wal-Mart jobs. They are working class jobs. But since State Farm is the equivalent of Wal-Mart, I'm not surprised.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 11:33 PM

This thread is constantly being de-railed. Some of us who read more and comment less come here for conversations about the urban environment and skyscrapers .... not politics. Can we move these conversations to the off topic thread?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanT View Post
This thread is constantly being de-railed. Some of us who read more and comment less come here for conversations about the urban environment and skyscrapers .... not politics. Can we move these conversations to the off topic thread?

I could not agree with you more. Unfortunately TakeFive often brings his political gibble gabble to this forum. I come here to get away from ad nauseam political discussions. There are plenty of other forums where these topics can be discussed.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 3:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dweller View Post
I could not agree with you more. Unfortunately TakeFive often brings his political gibble gabble to this forum. I come here to get away from ad nauseam political discussions. There are plenty of other forums where these topics can be discussed.
you have to go to the phoenix forum to avoid dave brubeck

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 4:59 AM

New proposal for a six-story affordable apartment project at 13th and Sherman. 103 units and 77 below grade parking spaces:

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
New proposal for a six-story affordable apartment project at 13th and Sherman. 103 units and 77 below grade parking spaces:

13th avenue is surely become quite a Denver corridor, especially in the Golden Triangle now.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 AM
Never Dell

Once I was in Denver and the hotel person said "go up the hill." She was referring to something like the rendering.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurban View Post
you have to go to the phoenix forum to avoid dave brubeck
There it's all John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Buddy Rich etc.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 1:16 PM

https://crej.com/news/schnitzer-west...theast-denver/

Close to one million square feet of office space coming to Centennial/DTC

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post

Nice, this ugly old building gets replaced with some affordable housing!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sh...4d-104.9848554

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 4:36 PM
Robotic Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denveropolis View Post
It is elitist because the liberal senators and representatives sponsoring this bill presume to know better how to treat the employees of employers in this state than the people who hire and pay the private workers. This bill is co-sponsored by Angela Williams who claims to be an expert on small business matters. Her business experience was as an Allstate agent prior to public life!! Other sponsors have never worked in the private sector. I read the entire proposed bill today and it goes above and beyond the federal FMLA program! Why would Colorado want to have the richest program in the country???? Elections have consequences...now we are reaping the rewards of an uneducated electorate.
21 percent of corporate CEO's are sociopaths. Even more have other personality disorders such as narcissism. Literally the only thing that holds these completely insane people running our corporations in check, are for the most part liberal politicians.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
https://crej.com/news/schnitzer-west...theast-denver/

Close to one million square feet of office space coming to Centennial/DTC
Yuck. Hate the conceptual drawings lol. Hopefully they can do better than this. Looks like hotel complex, not somewhere that would be attractive for office space.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Does that mean they'll get a nicer sidewalk?

Quote:
Yuck. Hate the conceptual drawings lol. Hopefully they can do better than this. Looks like hotel complex, not somewhere that would be attractive for office space.
Quote:
Schnitzer West ... currently is assembling a team of “best-in-class” consultants to work on the project.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 9:16 PM

Couple questions if anyone has insight:

Any thoughts why the quality of retail on 16th St. MALL blows. I know the Pavilions and soon to be Market Street Station adds some retail but that is only 3 blocks worth. I used to manage a store in Pavilions and we were a top store for YOY sales and traffic growth. With the increase in CC traffic, tourism and downtown residents, one would think higher quality retailers would move in but seems like it has gone a bit downhill in the last few years. Would love to see it turn out to be a smaller Michigan Ave/ Union Square area

Also, has anyone heard an update about our football stadium? It is weird they still haven't found a sponsor for a popular football team. Maybe VF Corp?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 10:04 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n..._news_headline
Quote:
AvalonBay Communities, a real estate investment trust (REIT) based in Arlington, Virginia, just made its fourth apartment complex purchase in the Denver metro in the last year. The company purchased The Ridge at Wheatlands at 6855 South Langdale St. in Aurora from the Denver-based real estate company Grand Peaks for $91.25 million, according to Arapahoe County public records.

Pat Gniadek, AvalonBay Communities’ (NYSE: AVB) senior vice president of investments, indicated that the company is interested in purchasing more Denver area properties.
Here we go...
Quote:
“We will be exploring both acquisition and development opportunities in several of the most attractive downtown areas, but LoHi and LoDo are definitely among those being considered for additional investment,” Gniadek told Denver Business Journal in an email.
Whether they do JV's or include other investors, I wouldn't know but these guys have their own funding. They're similar to Camden which has like 20 apartment projects mostly in Scottsdale (just to get in my Valley plug of the day).

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sh...4d-104.9848554
I work near here; this makes me very happy. I can't stand that block. Also, the immediate area could use the after-work hours pedestrian activity afforded by new residents. Now we need the lot at Sherman and 12th to be developed.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
I work near here; this makes me very happy. I can't stand that block. Also, the immediate area could use the after-work hours pedestrian activity afforded by new residents. Now we need the lot at Sherman and 12th to be developed.
The whole block between 12th and 13th on the west side of Sherman is owned by the state. It is listed as the "State Land Board Infill Site" in the capitol area master plan that came out in 2015, so unlike some of the other lots in the area it may be realistic to see a development there.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 2:22 AM

Quote:

You don't think the pool on the roof might be indicative of something?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr8364 View Post
You don't think the pool on the roof might be indicative of something?
Well, if it's indicative a hotel as part of the development I hope their "world class consultants" come up with a plan that's better than cloning the 30 yo Marriott down the highway.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 5:59 PM
Never Dell

It looks a little wider than the shorter building, and with non-standard frontages...housing? Hotels tend to be skinniest (short room-hall-room distance) and have repetitive windows, so my guess is the shorter building is a hotel.

Just guessing without looking at anything.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West