HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 6:22 PM
G'day

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
Looks like AC's LHR 77W service will be only until 15 Sep and the service cutting down after to a 767 as per Airlineroute posting below.

http://airlineroute.net/2014/05/21/ac-yyclhr-sep14/
That's the normal seasonal adjustment. Right now YYC-LHR is still the 333 but going to 77W on 1 June.

Too early to see what's up for next summer at this stage.

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 9:06 PM
Acey

The AC 787 situation has reached a new level of embarrassment. Just to spice things up, they should cancel their max order and switch to neo. Can you imagine...

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 9:18 PM
G'day

DL launching YYC-SEA

DL launching 2 daily E75 effective 3 November.

Fantastic new route.

I bet we see a WS codeshare slapped on that ASAP.

Last edited by Johnny Aussie; May 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM.

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 9:20 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Bam! Any press release link?

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 9:24 PM

Glad to see improving links to SEA. Will help improve routing choices out of YYC up and down the west coast as well as on to Hawaii. Last winter I would have flown Alaska to Maui (much cheaper) if the connections had been more reasonable thru SEA.

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie View Post
DL launching 2 daily E75 effective 3 November.

Fantastic new route.

I bet we see a WS codeshare slapped on that ASAP.
Im guessing that is why AS increased YYC. This winter there will be 6 daily YYC-SEA, nice! That is very close to almost doubling in capacity for the winter.

Last edited by YYCspotter; May 21, 2014 at 10:24 PM.

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 10:19 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Flying Hawaii anything but direct is insane. *kisses Westjet*

Love the expansion to Seattle though. Always looking for an excuse to hit the coast.

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 10:27 PM
Sand kicking airport guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Bam! Any press release link?
This has been in the works since mid winter, the goal is to feed its SEA-Asia flights and elsewhere.

SEA is getting ugly!

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 10:28 PM
Acey

A guy on Facebook has your first look at the insane ALSF-II approaching lights for 17L during a test a few nights ago. Same set at the other end. Looks like they might be on full strength here...

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 10:31 PM
Calgary Civil NGEER

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCspotter View Post
Im guessing that is why AS increased YYC. This winter there will be 6 daily YYC-SEA, nice!
This is huge! Hope it doesn't affect loads on AS though, as I enjoy their Q-400 service with free booze and gate-check for carry-on bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
That is unless your plane makes a stop in PDX or LAX...

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 10:58 PM
Master and Commander

^Nice, see what I mean?
More service to the Pacific Northwest that is so underrated.
I wish Portland could get some increases as well, if only more people get the importance or how influential PDX has been throughout Calgary's growth past present and possibly the future. It is a millennial generation paradise. Yuppie Central hahaha.

SEA is busier than YYZ and with those massive glitchy sales they had in recent weeks, I would go thru Seatac to connect onto onward asian flights.
YVR will still have a place in my heart but unless AC gets a bit more competitive, I won't mind hopping on some wifi Dash 8's..

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 12:15 AM
Acey

Yeah I'm convinced that Delta is surely trying to have a go at AC in YVR; i.e., people flying YYC-YVR-xxx.

This might not be a full attack at AS.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 12:42 AM
Sand kicking airport guy.

I'd agree with both in this instance. DL is surely trying to build up its SEA hub in particular its Asian network from the city. AS is one target as DL has launched flights into several of it's ''bread and butter'' routes including SEA-GEG being announced today. With YVR seeing the recent influx of Asian flights that does play a part in DL's SEA traffic, what do you do?

What you see is what you get, including some incredible fares from SEA to Hong Kong, Seoul etc through Seattle.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 1:32 AM
Urbanite by Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPAR View Post
Glad to see improving links to SEA. Will help improve routing choices out of YYC up and down the west coast as well as on to Hawaii. Last winter I would have flown Alaska to Maui (much cheaper) if the connections had been more reasonable thru SEA.
Hopefully - with all the new infrastructure and new runway @ YYC - there should be a lot more over Pacific routes direct from here - yeah/no???
Maybe we will also see a lot more heavy jet traffic through here - Awesome!!!

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
"PEK currently has no open commercially viable slot times" says an AC rep on FlyerTalk, and common sense suggests that a) they do not have an airplane to fly it at the moment anyway, and b) YUL-PEK will have priority in the event that 787 deliveries start happening with any kind of regularity.

I would imagine the new 120+ million pax domestic only airport planned for Beijing bodes well for AC acquiring a PEK slot for YYC. Or maybe there's a huge backlog for slots such that it wouldn't even help. I dunno... it wouldn't hurt. Maybe.
The truth is that there is no landing slot in PEK for AC to start YYC-PEK route. Beijing is going to construct a second yet larger airport in the southern part of the city, but the scheduled completion date is 2018.

The common sense is that until then, AC will not start YYC-PEK route, if ever conceived commercially viable.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyc_engineer View Post
Here's some long weekend eye candy. Pictures do not do justice to how sexy this terminal is going to be. I am probably the most biased person, but if you ask me it's going to be in the top 10 worldwide.
The pictures are nice, but the "top 10 worldwide"? you are probably stuck in Calgary for decades and never flew out to see the world.

Top 100 is probably stretchable.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:27 AM
Acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespoir View Post
The pictures are nice, but the "top 10 worldwide"? you are probably stuck in Calgary for decades and never flew out to see the world.

Top 100 is probably stretchable.
Well aren't you a bundle of joy. We'll patiently await the list of 99 terminals better than IFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespoir View Post
The truth is that there is no landing slot in PEK for AC to start YYC-PEK route. Beijing is going to construct a second yet larger airport in the southern part of the city, but the scheduled completion date is 2018.

The common sense is that until then, AC will not start YYC-PEK route, if ever conceived commercially viable.
So... what I just said?

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 1:29 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
I do believe you mean non-stop and not direct (which can include stops along the way), especially when traveling with kids.

Gotta give love to AC too, as they also operate the non-stop YYC-Hawaii flights in the winter months.

My wish is that when either airline starts getting their 737 MAX birds we get year round service to the islands (I'll take OGG over HNL though). Wouldn't have to be a daily flight over the summer but I think the demand would be there for at least 3-4x weekly.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 2:24 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Cargolux Increase?

Always hard to tell with cargo but it appears that Cargolux has added a 3rd YYC-LUX flight for the summer. This once operating Wednesday evening/Thursday morning.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 2:32 PM
Centrist to the core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Always hard to tell with cargo but it appears that Cargolux has added a 3rd YYC-LUX flight for the summer. This once operating Wednesday evening/Thursday morning.
You think to mention that because he just landed a few minutes ago?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure