HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 19, 2019, 11:03 PM

Chick-fil-A moving 250 jobs to 725 Ponce

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/..._news_headline
Quote:
Chick-fil-A Inc. will move 250 corporate jobs into a new $200 million office tower next to the Atlanta Beltline.

The Atlanta-based restaurant chain famous for its chicken sandwiches will lease 40,000 square feet on the sixth floor of 725 Ponce, a new 12-story building along the Eastside Trail.

Chick-fil-A, which maintains a large headquarters campus in south Atlanta, is the latest example of a high-profile company willing to pay a premium to rent the newest trophy office space in the city.

The decisions are based on the battle to recruit and retain top talent. More of those companies are moving to the Beltline.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 1:50 PM

Crown

Are they going to cover all of the equipment on the roof of this building? the top of the building looks pretty trashy right now from most vantage points, especially coming down North. I know they are going for an industrial look, but they should still put up some sort of facade to cover all of that stuff on the roof.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 3:58 PM

New City just tweeted that this will be breaking ground "early next year".

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4KRmw8Jymr/?hl=en

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 7:14 PM

More details on this project from Invest Atlanta:

https://go.boarddocs.com/ga/investat...011.6.2019.pdf

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 7:38 PM

It's a high quality project, but I'm so worried it's going to feel too corporate/sterile with the office buildings. I hope I'm wrong though.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
More details on this project from Invest Atlanta:

https://go.boarddocs.com/ga/investat...011.6.2019.pdf
Droool...

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
It's a high quality project, but I'm so worried it's going to feel too corporate/sterile with the office buildings. I hope I'm wrong though.
Adding retail to Rankin will be great for the area, but yes their choice of tenants will make a huge difference. A little surprised if there won’t be retail overlooking the park. My main gripe would be the two interim surface parking lots. Overall, it’s nice O4W is balancing new residential with offices and finally some street level retail.

I hope it puts pressure on redeveloping nearby blocks. East of new realm, west of the splash pad, PCM’s lot on north ave, the bank further west on north ave, and sunbelt rentals.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 12:20 PM

What happening in Old Fourth Ward (the urban transformation) is simply amazing - sans the genetrification.

But, the area feels so differently from other parts of the city, which is a good thing. Major cities have multiple areas that take on their own personalities that make the city interesting and worth the visit.

If you haven't been to the Beltline Kroger, I suggest you have a beer or glasss of wine on the patio and take in the sights along the Beltline.

Nice!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
I think you are greatly under selling the architect on this project. I couldn’t be more excited about this project coming to O4W and the Beltline.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:36 PM

I agree, this might be the best designed new development in Atlanta in quite some time.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 12:29 PM

Lots of rumblings about this project. Apparently it was taken off the Invest Atlanta agenda for today because it didn’t have the votes to pass bond financing due to community pushback. Pushback from what I’ve seen and heard has been economic incentive shouldn’t be provided to one of the hottest areas of the southeast and a project likely to command one of the highest office PPSF costs in the metro, not enough affordable housing, and too much parking (both in decks and interim surface parking)

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 1:35 PM

Those are valid concerns.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 4:36 AM

Interesting. They are going to come back with the worst, most VE'd alternative design they can dream of. Close enough to vaguely resemble these renderings but downgraded and basic enough to fit the typical Atlanta mold.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 6:37 PM

'The Backlash Is Real': New City Withdraws Incentive Application For BeltLine Project

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckIfUBuckhead View Post
Interesting. They are going to come back with the worst, most VE'd alternative design they can dream of. Close enough to vaguely resemble these renderings but downgraded and basic enough to fit the typical Atlanta mold.
That's exactly what I fear.  If you're going to offer incentives, at least do it for a something worth it like this project.  The problem is that we've given tax breaks to too many projects with no standards other than the affordable housing requirement.

I've seen a lot of comments, saying "if they can't make money on this"...
Of course they can make money with boring, cookie-cutter designed buildings. Seems that they were trying to do something a little above that.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 8:03 PM

Land Development permit was filed for this project today

Quote:
760 RALPH MCGILL (LDP)
760 RALPH MCGILL (LDP): UTILITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE INSTALLATION FOR MIXED USE PROJECT WHICH CONSIST OF A HOTEL AND RESIDENTIAL UNIT FOR 500,000 SF, COMMERCIAL UNITS OF 25,000 SF, AND 1250 PARKING SPACES WITH PARKING DECK. BL-19-032
This first phase would include 1.35 million sq ft of floor space and the site prep would cost $3.8 million

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Land Development permit was filed for this project today

This first phase would include 1.35 million sq ft of floor space and the site prep would cost $3.8 million
1250 parking spaces... the Parking Police will be bemoaning this project in 1...2...3

I wish they would get a job with the city and help rewrite the parking requirements instead of singing that sad old melody.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
1250 parking spaces... the Parking Police will be bemoaning this project in 1...2...3

I wish they would get a job with the city and help rewrite the parking requirements instead of singing that sad old melody.
I know several who do work for the city and continue to push for changes in parking maximums.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 5:07 PM

1250 parking spaces for a project in a neighborhood that doesn't have any transit or an interstate just sounds like a recipe for disaster. Traffic already sucks on N Avenue and Ponce during Rush hour...

There's only so far Atlanta can grow before it reaches an infrastructure overload. Someone else said it on another forum: "Atlanta refuses to grow up". It wants all the growth without growing.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 7:04 PM

Quote:
1250 parking spaces for a project in a neighborhood that doesn't have any transit or an interstate just sounds like a recipe for disaster. Traffic already sucks on N Avenue and Ponce during Rush hour...

There's only so far Atlanta can grow before it reaches an infrastructure overload. Someone else said it on another forum: "Atlanta refuses to grow up". It wants all the growth without growing.
Old Fourth Ward is served from at least fairly reliable bus routes (2, 102, 809, 816, & 899) that connect to several HRT stations (Lindbergh, North Ave, Georgia State, and King). While not every area in the metro is supported well by MARTA, the argument exists that this area is well supported.

Part of the “growing up” aspect is learning the bus routes in addition to HRT stations.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta