HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 4:46 AM

pictures don't show up.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 5:21 AM

Awesome thanks for letting me know.

They should be working now.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
The picture clarifying the ski resort issue doesn't show up anymore. Can you repost it again?
Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. I liked that photo you posted. Here's a little map at the bottom. I'll keep looking for something with both mountain groupings in the picture.

Northern Metro - Major Ski Resort For The Uber Wealthy Coming to Northern Utah (Ogden, Morgan County Area).

The new Wasatch Ranch Club will make two new from the ground up major ski resorts being added to Salt Lake's portfolio in the coming season.

Wasatch Ranch Club skiing for '21-22. Courtesy, Mirr Ranch Group photo

OnTheSnow.com - https://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/637...ng-next-season

...But, when the Wasatch Ranch Club opens its ski terrain in Utah next December, as Ski Area Management (SAM) magazine is reporting, it plans to attack your wallet with gusto and all bets are off.

The Ranch Club will be larger than luxurious Deer Valley and will have only half the number of member/residents who are part of the Yellowstone Club, the other exclusive enclave in Montana. “This is a resort being built for the 1 percent of the richest 1 percent,” Utah’s KPOA radio opined as it interviewed Ranch President Bob Weaton.

Recognize the name? Weaton was Chief Operating Officer for Deer Valley for about 20 years, leading it to regularly being chosen as the best ski resort in America by magazine and website polls. There are reportedly 10 owner/investors in the ranch from across the globe, one of those being Lessing Stern, son of Deer Valley founder Edgar Stern. The ranch property was originally listed for a sale price of $42 million.

Pay dearly to play

Club membership pricing hasn’t been publicly released yet, but it will most likely top that of the Yellowstone Club which currently demands an upfront fee of $300,000, owning a condo ($4 million-plus) or private home ($5 million-plus), along with an annual “season pass” or dues topping $30,000.

But, if you’ve got the juice, the Wasatch Ranch Club will deliver mind-boggling excitement for skiers (anglers, hikers, golfers, and whatever else attracts you to pristine wilderness) as it builds out over the next 10-15 years.

First there’s the location. The ranch is only 35 minutes from Salt Lake City and, if you still need a ski fix after all that sliding, Snowbasin (where the price tag is significantly more doable) is only 10 minutes away. Ogden Airport is 15 minutes should you have your own private jet. Few Morgan County residents will be able to afford membership, so it will be mostly a community of second homes.

Heated seats and bubbles

The club’s total playground rolls over 12,750 acres and that includes some 3,000 skiable acres with a 3,600 foot vertical. Leitner-Poma of America plans to begin construction this spring on the first two chairlifts — both high speed quads. Members will be pampered with high-speed quads, planned with carriers that feature heated seats and bubbles.

The two new chairlifts together will provide access to 1,650 acres of terrain, with a top elevation of about 9,500 feet. One lift will be 8,000 feet long, so those bubbles will be welcome. Nine lifts are planned by buildout.

View of the Wasatch Ranch Ski Resort Mountain properties. This grouping of peaks sits to the south of the grouping of peaks making up the Snowbasin Ski Resort.

Pictured below, Snowbasin Ski Resort. Located on the grouping of peaks to the north of what will be the new Wasatch Ranch Club Ski Resort

There's quite a group of expanding resorts now in this immediate area. I wanted to get a perspective of the location of all of them in relationship to each other.
The Wasatch Ranch Resort will be at the top of the map, on the south side of I-84. Note: the peaks at the top veering to the right of Snowbasin

Map highlighting the location of the new Wasatch Ranch Properties in relation to the existing Snowbasin Ski Resort.

“You just don’t find this type of location in the West very often – untouched and raw with river, trees, adjacency to National Forest and an alpine setting,” said listing broker, Ken Mirr of Mirr Ranch Group, who listed the Utah ranch with his firm’s Utah Marketing Affiliate, Chris Corroon.

Owned by the heirs of the late Dick Bass, the seven-summit pioneer, original investor in Vail, and founder of Snowbird Ski Resort, and the Holding family, owners of Sinclair Oil Company, which owns Sun Valley Resort, nearby Snowbasin Ski Resort, the Wasatch Peaks Ranch has a continuous ridgeline of 11 miles that includes 24 peaks, 15 bowls and cirques, plus a 4,600 foot vertical rise on the ranch and adjacent National Forest. It’s only 15 minutes from Ogden, and 35 minutes from Salt Lake City and its international airport, making this ski property incredibly accessible.

The Land Report, known as the magazine of the American landowner, elaborates, “Matchless in size, terrain, and pedigree, this pristine private wilderness has long been eyed as America’s next great ski resort.” This is the fifth time The Land Report has awarded its top honors to Mirr Ranch Group.

Last edited by delts145; Nov 21, 2021 at 4:12 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 7:13 PM

Color me a spoiler of fun or what have you, but I'm pretty disappointed that some of this pristine natural land is going to be ruined for a rich people's playground.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 5:58 AM

Ogden Nine Rails Creative District

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 2:55 PM

What is on the corner of adams/25th? It's a vacant lot now and a quick skim of that link yields nothing in terms of info.

Went to weber county GIS and it's still privately owned.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 3:47 PM
Space Magi

There's a lot of development action in Ogden these days, which is good to see. Ogden (especially downtown) is way cooler than Provo and it gets far less attention, in my experience. Here's something new about that prospective project on 25th:
https://www.standard.net/news/local/...ba214c1b5.html
Quote:
The Ogden City Planning Commission recently approved a 25th Street site plan submitted by Tanner Hiatt, from Utah County-based development firm Summa Terra Ventures. The proposal involves the construction of a five-story, mixed-use building with up to four commercial spaces and 55 residential units at 144 Historic 25th Street.

The lot has been vacant for decades, but it sits at a prime spot inside Ogden’s most recognizable historic district and along one of its busiest commercial corridors. The empty space is on the north side of 25th Street, near the Lighthouse Lounge and Cinema 502, and is one of the few remaining parcels of open land on Ogden’s most famous street.

A similar plan, which was originally submitted by Pierre Langue, a principal at Salt Lake City-based Axis Architects, was approved in the early weeks of 2020. Because the potential development sits inside the 25th Street Historic District, both planning commission approval and a certificate of “historical appropriateness” from Ogden’s Landmarks Commission were required before work on the project could commence. But with no movement over the past year, both of those actions expired earlier this year.
The article has a terrible, low-res image of the project but I was able to dig up this nice one from the developer's website:

Here's another interesting little project from the Ogden City Planning Commission website:

There's also a good number of adaptive reuse projects in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrawesome View Post
Kind of disappointed we don't have the Cache Valley thread anymore. I guess I'll just have to post my photo update on here.

There's a lot of construction popping up around the valley, including some large residential projects.

I'm most excited about this one. Mill Creek apartments, going up across the street from Logan High School.

Another complex going up in downtown on 100 East called L59 Apartments. Less excited about this one, with the parking lot, but should be nice infill and it's good to see projects bringing people downtown.

There are several new student housing developments going up as well. This one, called 800 block, is the largest of them.

New office building and other developments near the southern end of main street.

Other Projects

There's a few more projects around the valley to take pictures of, but that's what I have right now.
I missed this post until now! Thanks for the Logan updates!

Last edited by Atlas; Mar 2, 2021 at 4:35 PM.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 4:34 PM

That would be a fantastic addition to downtown and primo real estate for anyone moving into it. That lot has been an eyesore for years. I love getting more people downtown.

I wonder when the grocery store comes...? I guess wal-mart fills that void for now.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 5:59 PM

So excited for that lot on 25th to get filled. And it looks like a great project!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
That would be a fantastic addition to downtown and primo real estate for anyone moving into it. That lot has been an eyesore for years. I love getting more people downtown.

I wonder when the grocery store comes...? I guess wal-mart fills that void for now.
Maybe it's time for Harmons to make their move back to Ogden?

They've been having great success with the smaller urban store formats recently. Is Ogden ready for something like that?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 4:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Maybe it's time for Harmons to make their move back to Ogden?

They've been having great success with the smaller urban store formats recently. Is Ogden ready for something like that?
I'd say yes.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 3:27 PM
Space Magi

Being from Ogden, the loss of this weird thing actually kind of makes me sad. I'm not really satisfied with the explanation given for its demolition:

Quote:
The Dee Events Center marquee and art feature is coming down this March.
Built in 1979, it was one of Ogden's first electronic marquees. Despite inflation and economic conditions during the 1970s, funding of the marquee was made possible by members of the Ogden community.
However, due to outdated technology and irreplaceable parts, it will see its final days and will be demolished as part of the Ride UTA Ogden Bus Rapid Transition system construction. The BRT route will make transportation easier for Weber State students and will benefit the community by reducing vehicle trips, supporting the economy and providing transportation choices.

Source

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 6:37 PM

NO!!!

also what the hell is that thing? Like some kind of venting tube?

I'm in the same boat as you, weird but lovable!

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 2:17 AM

Wow, that thing really stands out in the early photo with nothing in the background. I always thought that was inspired by the Michael Keaton/ Jack Nicholson Batman! Straight out of Gotham city. It will be missed. Kinda

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 2:18 AM

Probably left over HVAC ducting from the Dee event center

Old Posted Jun 6, 2021, 2:41 PM

Going, Going, Gone! Homes Are Selling the Fastest in These Markets By Elena Cox
https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/...s-blogs_trends

#1 Ogden

Ogden’s historic 25th Street is magical in the winter, but nature lovers can enjoy the outdoors year-round.(Getty Images)

Median list price: $489,950
Median days on market in April: 8

The fastest-moving market on our list was Ogden, a mountain town less than 40 minutes north of Salt Lake City. It offers easy access to ski resorts like Snowbasin, Powder Mountain, and Nordic Valley, and has even more outdoor activities during the summer, including hiking, mountain biking, and fishing.

But it’s not just the great outdoors that’s luring out-of-state buyers from places like California and Arizona. A strong economy means it’s easier for people to find jobs and potentially relocate. The unemployment rate in the Ogden metro area was just 2.7% in March, according to the U.S. Labor Department. That’s back to what things were like before the pandemic, and significantly lower than the national rate of 6%.

While nonlocals are scooping up homes at a rapid pace, that’s not the whole picture, says Christopher Collard, a research analyst at the Utah Foundation, a nonprofit research organization based in Salt Lake City.

The number of homes available has been low since Great Recession in 2008. Meanwhile, fewer people are leaving the state, while more people are coming in, so there are more people vying for houses than ever before.

“We’ve never quite caught up with the current demand,” Collard says.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2021, 2:52 PM
Space Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
NO!!!

also what the hell is that thing? Like some kind of venting tube?

I'm in the same boat as you, weird but lovable!
I was in Ogden a couple weeks ago and I'm sad to report that it's gone now.

I'm really hoping we see some taller projects in Ogden in our lifetimes. I know the city has a lot of undeveloped lots, so it may take some time, but demand has really spiked lately and people are starting to notice that Ogden has a lot to offer. This proposal in Billings from a few years ago looks like something that would fit Ogden really well:

Old Posted Jun 7, 2021, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post
Farmington pushing to build arena in Station Park, attract Utah Jazz G League team

https://www.standard.net/news/busine...ca641bfe4.html
So this post was a couple years ago, but there's currently a flurry of construction activity on this plot of land in the Station Park center... lots of steel columns being prepped. Anyone know what they're building there?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2021, 6:53 AM

Not super exciting but nice to see that it's affordable housing as TWG is apparently working directly with the Weber Housing Authority on this project.

TWG Enters Utah With Veteran Housing Project
Quote:
A partnership between TWG Development and Weber County Housing Authority has broken ground on Residences at West Haven, a 40-unit senior housing community in West Haven, Utah.

The $9.5 million project will be TWG’s first property in the state and it will serve residents aged 62 and over. Residences at West Haven is the local Housing Authority’s first LIHTC project.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2021, 6:52 PM

Snowbasin plans to add 300-room hotel, expand services in coming years

By Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted - Sept. 24, 2021 at 12:24 p.m. - https://www.ksl.com/article/50248572...n-coming-years

HUNTSVILLE, Weber County — Snowbasin Resort is slowly turning into a community as it plans for a massive expansion of services in the next few years.

The Weber County ski resort announced Thursday it will build a 300-room hotel along with more parking and ski lift changes to be completed by 2024, as the first phase of a village master plan to turn the resort into a village.

"We're thrilled to announce this extensive list of improvements for both our local guests and travelers that will now have the opportunity to stay at Snowbasin," Davy Ratchford, the general manager of Snowbasin Resort, said in a statement. "These new developments put us on track to become the world-class resort destination envisioned for Snowbasin."

Some of the improvements are already underway or complete. For instance, the 435 new parking spots in the Maples and Canyon Rim parking areas will be available this upcoming season. Crews are still in the middle of a project to replace a ski lift in the Middle Bowl Triple with a high-speed six-person lift that will also open this season, according to a spokesperson for the resort.

But several of the other expansion plans are expected in the next few years, including a 300-room "all-inclusive" Club Med hotel to be located at the current site of the original Day Lodge and Wildcat parking area. Resort officials say the hotel is expected to add about 400 new jobs to the local economy once it is up and running, which is currently estimated to be December 2024.

The hotel is a key component of a village master plan that will also include restaurants, shops and "other programming" near the base of the resort in the coming years. In addition, the resort announced it will expand resort space, adding a new Ridgeline chairlift and beginner terrain also by 2024.

Construction of a resort village is planned to begin in 2025, where retail, residential and resort amenities will be added "over the span of many years," according to Snowbasin Resort officials.

"We will be working over the next few years to build upon the incredible vision that Earl Holding and his family have had for this resort," said Chris Frampton, CEO of East West Partners, the developer of the resort. "Combining the best ski experience in Utah with pre- and post-ski experiences that maintain the character of Snowbasin is our top priority."

Resort officials said there will be two open house events about the expansion next week, which have already been reserved.

A concept plan map of the first phase of a Snowbasin Resort village master plan to be completed by as early as 2024. It includes a 300-room hotel and new terrain. (Photo: Snowbasin Resort)

A concept plan map for the future of Snowbasin Resort. Construction of a village is expected to begin in 2025 after the first plan of a village master plan is complete. (Photo: Snowbasin Resort)

Last edited by delts145; Oct 2, 2021 at 1:42 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West