HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 12, 2010, 1:27 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernlad View Post
Great find, Coeur d'alene has an impressive skyline with the blue lake and mountain backdrop. I want to get up there sometime to check the city and lake out.
If you have not seen Lake Coeur d'Alene in person yet, you will most likely think it is the most beautiful lake you have ever seen; it has that effect on people.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Mar 12, 2010, 5:51 AM
Always running Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
If you have not seen Lake Coeur d'Alene in person yet, you will most likely think it is the most beautiful lake you have ever seen; it has that effect on people.
I would say Lake Pend Oreille beats out lake coeur d'Alene but it certainly is a close second

http://www.sandpointonline.com/sandp...nd_oreille.jpg

Old Posted Mar 12, 2010, 3:46 PM

I have always wanted to visit lake Pend Oreille and Sandpoint..I've been to that sandpointonline website a few times and linked to the pictures below at sandpointid.net....I think Sawtooth has pictures of this lake in a thread somewhere. I love Idaho lakes, in this state we don't have oversized stinky shallow mudpuddle excuses for lakes!
This link has an AWESOME picture!
http://www.karlneumannphoto.com/inde...7&p=3&a=0&at=0

Old Posted Mar 13, 2010, 5:31 AM
Always running Late

Sandpoint is a beautiful little city on the banks of the lake, there's also schweitzer ski resort just above the city as well. I've skied there many times and the view on the slopes is AMAZING

Old Posted Mar 13, 2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlovescda View Post
Has anyone heard any new information on the Riverstone Tower project. The last real info I heard was in this article http://www.spokesmanreview.com/tools...f.asp?ID=70316.

But this story is almost five years old now.
Neither John Stone (Riverstone) nor Chesrown will be building anything for a long while.

CDA:

The top of this smaller hill:

Yields these views:

The house at the bottom of the above picture:

Sandpoint:

Old Posted Mar 21, 2010, 12:21 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Nice photos grayproduct. Sandpoint is such an awesome little resort, lumberjack, hippy, NW resort town with one of the finest and most beautifully located ski resorts on planet earth.
I need to take care of my Sandpoint addiction again soon! A few friends of mine talked me into a basket weaving class on the beach a few summers ago. It was interesting weaving next to a yoga class also on the beach.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Jun 23, 2010, 3:38 PM

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...dd9891585.html

Ironman athletes get ready for a cold start
Lake unlikely to hit 60 by Sunday

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 12:44 AM

CD'A looks really good with all the projects it has going on.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2010, 10:38 PM

http://www.cdapress.com/news/busines...ee0ef302f.html

Awesome in Idaho

Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:00 am | Updated: 9:20 am, Tue Jul 20, 2010.

By RICK THOMAS/Staff writer |

COEUR d'ALENE - The owners of The Coeur d'Alene Resort could be excused for believing that someone signed up for the endorsement of the month club.

Already this year The Resort's spa and golf course have been noted as among the tops in their categories by Conde Nast Traveler, MSNBC and golf publications, and this week another feather was added to what has become a virtual war bonnet of credentials when Bing Travel named The Resort as one of the "50 Awesome Vacations," one from each state.

http://www.cdapress.com/news/busines...ee0ef302f.html

The rest of the article is at the link.

This is the link for the most beautifully situated and one of the finest resorts in the entire West

http://www.cdaresort.com/

Old Posted Jul 22, 2010, 2:12 AM
Cascadia Rising

I was back home in CDA a couple weeks ago- such a great town...it was great to see downtown packed with people. It's a sure bet that when the economy turns around the pace will pick back up again - not too long until Post Falls probably passes Coeur d' Alene up in population, but it will probably never be as nice.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2010, 11:15 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandEmpire View Post
- not too long until Post Falls probably passes Coeur d' Alene up in population, but it will probably never be as nice.
Yeah, should be around 2025 or 2030 when it happens. It will be unfortunate. I live in PF but Cd'A will always be the heart of Kootenai County and North Idaho!
Spokane, WA-Cd'A, ID CSA....785,302

Old Posted Aug 2, 2010, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthemanincda View Post
Yeah, should be around 2025 or 2030 when it happens. It will be unfortunate.
I don't think it will be unfortunate in any way. While Post Falls continues to grow with more and more sprawling neighborhoods, I'm sure that Coeur d'Alene will continue to be the commercial and business center of North Idaho. Coeur d' Alene may be running out of room to grow outward, but I think we'll see it grow upward and have a skyline that's reminiscent of city's with four times the population in the next few decades.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 3:49 PM

Thumbs up

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...cbfbaa271.html

Contract to bring 100 jobs
Empire will complete aircraft modifications for Horizon Air

Old Posted Nov 19, 2010, 7:47 PM
World Traveler

I haven't posted in a while since I have been busy, but this was an interesting article about the Spokane Valley/Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer which Kootenai County sits over.

Kootenai County's population is expected to be over 400,000 by the year 2060 if the county grows at a rate of 2.3%/year (it has been growing faster than that over the past 9 years)!

Source: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-aquifer-plan/

Old Posted Nov 19, 2010, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
I would say Lake Pend Oreille beats out lake coeur d'Alene but it certainly is a close second

http://www.sandpointonline.com/sandp...nd_oreille.jpg
Lake Pend Oreille is magnificent! Also, super super deep, like thousands of feet deep!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2010, 1:53 PM

Apparently Spokane and Coeur metros will be merged in the next few years? That would actually make it the largest metro in Idaho, no?

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Nov 21, 2010, 4:34 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Apparently Spokane and Coeur metros will be merged in the next few years? That would actually make it the largest metro in Idaho, no?
I believe the numbers will be close but its seems like the estimates I saw still put the Boise Metro ahead. In the past, Coeur d'Alene has resisted becoming part of the Spokane Metro area but I don't think they can keep resisting.

I would not classify the soon to be Spo/CD'A Metro as the largest in Idaho even if their numbers are a little ahead of Boise, because most of its people are on the Washington side and Boise's are contained in one state except for the slight spillover into Ontario, Oregon.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 9:07 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
The metros are automatically merged if the commute percentage between the two counties reaches 25%. At 15%, merging is optional. Kootenai County has resisted merging in the past. I believe after the 2000 Census, the commute percentage was around 18%. There will be new numbers after the 2010 Census numbers are announced. I really doubt the commute percentage will be over 20% though.

The article is just speaking about the Cd'A metro's growth over the next 50 years.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 9:10 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
I believe the numbers will be close but its seems like the estimates I saw still put the Boise Metro ahead. In the past, Coeur d'Alene has resisted becoming part of the Spokane Metro area but I don't think they can keep resisting.

I would not classify the soon to be Spo/CD'A Metro as the largest in Idaho even if their numbers are a little ahead of Boise, because most of its people are on the Washington side and Boise's are contained in one state except for the slight spillover into Ontario, Oregon.
Yes, Boise's metro would still be larger, even if Cd'A and Spokane merged, which I don't see happening anytime soon. Spokane County is growing, and the Cd'A metro is basically growing as fast as the Boise metro, but since Spokane has over 3X as many people, any combined metro would be smaller than Boise's for the forseeable future...

Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 6:29 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Lake Pend Oreille is magnificent! Also, super super deep, like thousands of feet deep!
The lakes of North Idaho are unmatched. Priest Lake is so beautiful it seems sacred, like holy water.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West