HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Ominous news out in the Regina Construction thread about multiple permanent YMCA closures including the downtown location... apparently they were on shaky ground before covid but the last 8 months did them in. Any word on how the local YMCAs are doing?
Downtown YMCA had a large number of employees out of One Canada Centre using it, so I would assume it might be pretty empty lately with the work from home. I know they opened that location last in the summer.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 7:28 PM

Downtown Y is packed at all hours, I'm sure it will be fine. Also with Portage Place likely adding more residential, even more potential membership.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 8:00 PM

James Richardson / Richardson Intl just bought Buson Transport , wow that’s a huge local deal

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 8:11 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

interesting.

theres some really screwy issues in the trucking industry right now so this would make sens

Old Posted Jan 7, 2021, 3:51 AM

Wonder if that would end up being the biggest local acquisition ever? Obviously both are private so no info yet, but it'll likely come out eventually. Bison's revenues are over $1b, I'd imagine it's likely to exceed what I believe was the previous record – Bell's $3.9b purchase of MTS.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2021, 3:58 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Winnipeg e-commerce company plans to hire 100 more staff after landing $35M in investment funding

A Winnipeg company that specializes in building tools for e-commerce is expanding its operations, after raising $35 million in investment funding.

Bold Commerce says it will use the capital raised to expand its three main products — checkout, subscriptions and pricing.

Bold also plans to hire 100 additional staff across North America to scale up operations.

"I would have never dreamt that we would have been here and had this much opportunity. And just the fact that there's just so much opportunity ahead, [it's] very exciting," said Yvan Boisjoli, the company's CEO.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...sion-1.5880651

Old Posted Jan 21, 2021, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
Winnipeg e-commerce company plans to hire 100 more staff after landing $35M in investment funding

A Winnipeg company that specializes in building tools for e-commerce is expanding its operations, after raising $35 million in investment funding.

Bold Commerce says it will use the capital raised to expand its three main products — checkout, subscriptions and pricing.

Bold also plans to hire 100 additional staff across North America to scale up operations.

"I would have never dreamt that we would have been here and had this much opportunity. And just the fact that there's just so much opportunity ahead, [it's] very exciting," said Yvan Boisjoli, the company's CEO.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...sion-1.5880651
Gross

Old Posted Jan 22, 2021, 2:42 AM

Gross? You hate local success stories?

Old Posted Jan 22, 2021, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
Gross? You hate local success stories?
Pay him no mind. The Unknown Poster apparently hates anything that they suspect (without proving) of having specific political leans .

Pinterest - I use this social media platform to easily add pictures into my posts on this forum. Plus there are great architecture and city photos out there as well.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2021, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryer View Post
Pay him no mind. The Unknown Poster apparently hates anything that they suspect (without proving) of having specific political leans .
I dont post here often so I am surprised you'd be aware of my opinion of political leanings. But yeah, Bold does a good job of making sure the reality of the situation isnt made public. You know businesses do that? Uh huh. Anyway, certain segments of the population would not enjoy working there. Let's put it that way.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2021, 8:22 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Poster View Post
I dont post here often so I am surprised you'd be aware of my opinion of political leanings. But yeah, Bold does a good job of making sure the reality of the situation isnt made public. You know businesses do that? Uh huh. Anyway, certain segments of the population would not enjoy working there. Let's put it that way.
after i had posted that stoory i came across a bunch of stuff on twitter in regards too ur gross comment interesting stuff

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 4:25 AM

heard a rumour that the old Coldstream factory and the little car dealership at Regent Ave. and Bienvenue St. are being torn down for an amazon distribution centre... that street has a lot going on right on considering it's a pandemic with several car dealership being renovated or built and the KP redevelopment.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 2:12 PM
What could go wrong?

Yes^^^It is the same model "Delivery Station" as the one under construction on Plymouth in the Inkster Industrial Park.

Not to pour cold water on any good news, but it is not a Distribution Centre. Delivery Stations sort packages from large transport trucks into smaller delivery trucks. Buildings are normally in the 100,000 sq ft range. Distribution Centres are warehouses for stocked goods and range in size from 800,000 to 1,500,000 sq ft.

Again, still very good news for Winnipeg, just not the coveted Distribution Centre
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Wonder if that would end up being the biggest local acquisition ever? Obviously both are private so no info yet, but it'll likely come out eventually. Bison's revenues are over $1b, I'd imagine it's likely to exceed what I believe was the previous record – Bell's $3.9b purchase of MTS.
Bison wouldnt trade on a multiple of revenue though. Margins in trucking are razor thin and most of their equipment is leased. With that said, I heard through a reliable source that It was around $600MM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 6:53 PM

yeah, figured it was gonna be the same thing as they announced on the west side of town as the location and size of the lot wouldn't exactly make sense for a huge distribution type facility. still good to see a long tired yet somewhat historic factory (by transcona standards anyway) finally get a new purpose. definitely ups the vibe of the strip with the best western name and soon to be amazon logo flying across the street.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
heard a rumour that the old Coldstream factory and the little car dealership at Regent Ave. and Bienvenue St. are being torn down for an amazon distribution centre... that street has a lot going on right on considering it's a pandemic with several car dealership being renovated or built and the KP redevelopment.
Personally I would prefer to see multi family mixed use development on both sides of the stretch of Regent between KP and Plesis. It has everything for it: access to shopping, schools and public transit. However, this one is also better than a factory building - so it may bring life to the north part of the street which is basically dead now.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 7:52 PM

I definitely agree. Weird this wasn't lured to a site off Dugald.. still lots of room in the industrial park or that massive old Palliser/Cabellas building on Redonda and Pandora that comes up for lease every few years.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 8:20 PM

I thought the buildings were being torn down so they could finally push the beltway through.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 8:34 PM

now it will be a literal (conveyer)beltway to deliver thousand upon thousands of tons of overpackaged crap!

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 9:56 PM

haha bazing!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan