HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 7, 2021, 3:25 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Feb 7, 2021, 3:53 PM

The previous CYO / Seton Hall site on Cliff St has a bunch of orange stakes in ground - maybe there will be some project there

Last edited by cdnguys; Feb 7, 2021 at 4:55 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 2:54 PM

Work of some sort underway at 149 Broad (this has been posted here a few times lol). Seems like asbestos remediation. Not sure if this is pre demolition or someone's taking a stab at it.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 1:10 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 12:13 AM

City Surpasses Residential Development Expectations

https://www.country94.ca/2021/02/17/...t-expectations

Quote:
"Saint John has been very busy with a number of large residential development files, according to the city’s deputy growth commissioner.

Amy Poffenroth said the city surpassed all expectations when it came to the number of residential units created last year.

“We were almost three times the five-year average of the creation of units in 2020 and all signs are that trend will continue into 2021,” Poffenroth told the city’s growth committee Tuesday.

Poffenroth highlighted several large projects under construction, including the Telegraph Square on Canterbury Street and The Wentworth project on Wentworth Street.

She also pointed to a 28-unit development at 365 Main Street and a 29-unit project on Lower Cove Loop.

In addition to ongoing projects, Poffenroth said several other files are under review and staff have been in talks with a number of developers around the pre-application phase.
“A lot of large-scale projects and a lot of discussions that we’re having with developers, hopefully to come through the system in the next few months,” she said.

Mayor Don Darling told the committee that it is excellent news to see so many projects happening in the city.

“I was out for a bit of a drive on the weekend checking out projects happening in all ends of the city, which is good,” said Darling. “It’s great to keep that momentum rolling along.”

Poffenroth also noted that the city’s One-Stop Development Shop continues to accept, review and issue permits mainly manually right now as a result of the cyberattack in November.
“We are, however, able to accept applications by email, which is a welcomed enhancement for our customers and certainly a service that is appreciated,” she said."

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 7:57 PM

Big announcement I mentioned a while back confirmed for tomorrow.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
Exciting stuff!

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
Fundy Quay!

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 12:21 AM

Reps from all 3 levels of government will be there - so I expect it’s an announcement for fixing sea wall and raising level of site. Not optimistic of an actual building announcement. Hope I’m wrong.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnguys View Post
Reps from all 3 levels of government will be there - so I expect it’s an announcement for fixing sea wall and raising level of site. Not optimistic of an actual building announcement. Hope I’m wrong.

There is already a developer ready to build. I believe, this announcement/work is just to get the site ready to allow for the developer to build the proposed mixed residential and commercial development. So I believe the actual building of the development is still a go, it's just waiting until after the prep work is done. I thought I heard/saw somewhere that the building component of the project is to begin in the summer? (But can't exactly remember, so don't quote me on that lol). All I know is that Wayne said in a recent interview that this prep work (fixing the sea wall, raising the site, ect.) is beginning this Spring (next month in March, I believe). Also part of the work is a new boardwalk, a makeover of Loyalist Plaza, and a makeover of the face of Market Square. Anyway, looking forward to the announcement tomorrow and to finally see work being done with this site. It will be a big thing for the waterfront and uptown.

EDIT: I'm reading through Country 94's article about the announcement: ( https://www.country94.ca/2021/02/18/...CzI0IwshsWaVc4 ) and it mentions that the developer of the proposed $250-million mixed-use development will also be a part of tomorrow's announcement. So we may hear details from him on what he is planning for the former Coast Guard Site.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 2:35 PM

This morning, Wayne Long alluded to a 40M investment by the three governments, with an announcement coming on March 10th. Didn't give any other details.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 12:07 PM

proposed Ethos Ridge - NIMBYS out in full force - including being concerned there are no churches in the area for seniors !

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 2:36 PM

Where is this? That project is a big deal.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 4:18 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco401 View Post
Where is this? That project is a big deal.
Sandy Point near the Millidgeville-Summerville ferry, between Pelton & Westmount.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2021, 12:21 AM

Haven’t been on here in a while. Don’t know if it’s already been noted but apparently a tech company is moving their Corp HO a to Saint John and will be occupying aliant tower. Apparently 350 jobs.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2021, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownJeff View Post
Haven’t been on here in a while. Don’t know if it’s already been noted but apparently a tech company is moving their Corp HO a to Saint John and will be occupying aliant tower. Apparently 350 jobs.
Where did you hear this from?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2021, 11:10 AM

UptownJeff here just casually dropping bombs in vaguely worded messages.

At least have an idea when they'll announce these 350 jobs??

Old Posted Mar 8, 2021, 7:33 PM

I didn't realize that this was a recognized "news site" with journalistic standards. I heard this from what I consider a credible source (multiple) - I'm not naming names but apparently it will be announced before July 2021. It's merely a rumour though until I see it publicly announced.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownJeff View Post
I didn't realize that this was a recognized "news site" with journalistic standards. I heard this from what I consider a credible source (multiple) - I'm not naming names but apparently it will be announced before July 2021. It's merely a rumour though until I see it publicly announced.
Oh it's not, which is fun to hear from this site before anywhere else

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 5:12 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB_ExistsToo View Post
UptownJeff here just casually dropping bombs in vaguely worded messages.
We literally had a member say 'big news coming soon' and everyone dropped everything they were doing for a month and waited in suspense until it happened. It's not unprecedented.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces