HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 2:18 AM
New Yorker for life

This is a very exciting project, regardless of the great height, which we love. It's a big improvement in the heart of the city, and will result in a new (if not the new) skyline icon.

BTW, the CB5 stream of the draft meeting is online here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBodUwBijwE

But specifically for this development, a condensed version...you can get a better understanding of the improvements (transit, public) that are being worked out for this project.

Video Link

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 2:56 AM
BANNED

Was an architect announced for this project? I think I recall that but am not sure. If so, who is it?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 3:06 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkeynes View Post
was an architect announced for this project? I think i recall that but am not sure. If so, who is it?
It will be an SOM design.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 3:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Was an architect announced for this project? I think I recall that but am not sure. If so, who is it?
SOM is the firm involved with the planning, so presumably they're the executive architects.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 3:15 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
SOM is the firm involved with the planning, so presumably they're the executive architects.
I thought so. Thanks.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 12:36 PM
BANNED

There will be another meeting on Dec 10th.

https://www.cb5.org/cb5m/calendar/2020-december/

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 5:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
There will be another meeting on Dec 10th.

https://www.cb5.org/cb5m/calendar/2020-december/

Good. They'll be reporting on the meeting to the full board. I'm sure there will be more opinions about it.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 5:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Good. They'll be reporting on the meeting to the full board. I'm sure there will be more opinions about it.
I hope that this is Morgan Stanley’s future HQ.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 2:34 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
I hope that this is Morgan Stanley’s future HQ.
Also, Blackstone was looking for a new 1 msf headquarters, though 350 Park was also on the radar....

https://therealdeal.com/2020/07/29/b...-headquarters/

Blackstone eyes new 1M sf NYC headquarters
Financial giant has asked landlords to submit proposals for massive space

New York
July 29, 2020

Quote:
Blackstone, headed by CEO Stephen Schwarzman and president Jon Gray, has asked a handful landlords to submit proposals for a new headquarters in Midtown and the Far West Side.

Among the sites under consideration is a supertall office tower on Park Avenue proposed by Vornado Realty Trust and Rudin Management. The two have floated the idea of developing properties they separately own into a 1,450-foot-tall, 1.68 million-square-foot tower at 350 Park Avenue.

The project is particularly attractive to Blackstone, sources said, because the site sits catty-corner to the firm’s current headquarters at Rudin Management’s 345 Park Avenue. Between that location and another office at Boston Properties’ 601 Lexington Avenue, Blackstone occupies about 800,000 square feet on leases that expire in 2027.

Other sites under consideration include three developments in the Hudson Yards area: Tishman Speyer’s Spiral at 66 Hudson Boulevard, Related Companies’ 50 Hudson Yards and 3 Hudson Boulevard, which is being co-developed by Boston Properties and the Moinian Group.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 2:43 AM
New Yorker for life

Someone here was hoping for a curved facade at the 42nd and Lex intersection. I looks like it's possible, at least at the street level from this graphic...

I've also been thinking a lot about the street level experience, how this tower will tie in to the existing fabric of the area. I would love to see the grand entrance on 42nd street.

Some google earth images of normal times gives an idea...

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 8:04 AM

I imagine grand hyatt 502m will have a spire it can easly break 1800ft tall and utterly dominating manhattan !!

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 2:03 PM
BANNED

[QUOTE=NYguy;9126158]Also, Blackstone was looking for a new 1 msf headquarters, though 350 Park was also on the radar....

[QUOTE/]

Barclays is also looking for space.

KPMG at Rudin’s 345 Park Ave is a possible tenant at 350. I want to see 350 and Grand Hyatt both built. I want to see 350 and Grand Hyatt both built.

Last edited by JMKeynes; Dec 6, 2020 at 3:15 PM.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:39 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Barclays is also looking for space.

KPMG at Rudin’s 345 Park Ave is a possible tenant at 350. I want to see 350 and Grand Hyatt both built. I want to see 350 and Grand Hyatt both built.

The timeline for both towers is close enough that both could be in contention for the same tenants.

As far as that Blackstone search for 1 msf goes, they mentioned a few of the towers in the Hudson Yards...

Quote:
Other sites under consideration include three developments in the Hudson Yards area: Tishman Speyer’s Spiral at 66 Hudson Boulevard, Related Companies’ 50 Hudson Yards and 3 Hudson Boulevard, which is being co-developed by Boston Properties and the Moinian Group.
Of the three, 3 Hudson would seem the best option over there. But they would likely prefer to stay in east midtown, which would put 350 and the Hyatt into play.

They haven't mentioned which potential tenants they were already speaking to, but there is plenty of time, for both towers.

Quote:
RXR Realty, which is planning a $3 billion office tower near Grand Central with TF Cornerstone and MSD Capital, has continued discussions that started before the pandemic with tenants in the technology and finance sectors who are interested in anchoring the property, CEO Scott Rechler said.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 5:29 PM
BANNED

I like the new design for 3 HY, but I'd rather see Grand Hyatt and 350 rise first.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 11:27 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

With talks of tenants or all the recent prospects and deals with towers in Midtown, it still makes me wonder why 2 WTC can't snag a tenant. Like I feel Hyatt and 350 Park will snag tenants before 2 WTC does.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 11:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
With talks of tenants or all the recent prospects and deals with towers in Midtown, it still makes me wonder why 2 WTC can't snag a tenant. Like I feel Hyatt and 350 Park will snag tenants before 2 WTC does.
I think that commuting is a big deal. A long subway ride after a long Metro North ride is a headache. The 7 from GCT to the HY is much better than the 4/5 to Fulton. Grand Hyatt, however, will be a commuter’s dream.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 9:27 PM

I think grand hyatt needs a spire same as spire of Chrysler building with 204ft to bring up the height to 1850 ft , it will be massive !
It is just my opinion and then we will have a building taller than the tip of 1wtc.
We still waiting for peen station tower and Roosevelt hotel !

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 10:34 PM

^ If you want the 1646' Grand Hyatt to *look* 1850', it would need a much more substantial spire than the Chrysler's. Just look at 1 WTC: its spire boosts the official height to 1776', but the building still looks only 1368' (roof height) because the spire is so skinny. Similarly, the NY Times Tower's spire hardly does anything. On the other hand, having a big fat crown like 1 Vanderbilt's would make the Grand Hyatt look really massive.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 11:11 PM
Show me the blueprints

I'm not saying it needs a spire, I'd much rather have just a dramatic lighted crown that reached upwards in some way, but if it did have a spire it really would need to be more "structural" and less antenna like. A good example of what I mean would be the vertical "appendage" on top of 750 Seventh Avenue in Times Square where the spire is fat and beefy, almost more like a steeple.

https://www.newyorkarchitecture.info...Avenue-001.jpg

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 4:22 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
If 2 WTC were in Midtown, it would've been built already. That's the only reason it hasn't been built. Downtown will always lag behind midtown in terms of new office space being built and absorbed. The Hudson Yards is well on it's way to being built out for office space, and the coming towers of midtown east aren't even in demolishment phase yet, with only one really big one (Grand Hyatt) offering large spaces. Even the Empire Station towers are some time away. Tower 2 at the WTC has a chance to slip in there somewhere. As each of these towers get taken out of play, the prospects get brighter for 2 WTC.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals