HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Closed Thread

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 12:39 AM

JPMorgan will have staff cycle between office and remote work in a move that may remake Wall Street
CNBC

Quote:
Banks are preparing for more people to return after Labor Day, according to executives at lenders and technology vendors. But workers will hold onto the ability to work remotely.
Quote:
  • Workers in JPMorgan’s corporate and investment bank will cycle between days spent at the office and at home, keeping the ability to work remotely on a part-time basis, according to Daniel Pinto, head of the massive division.
  • The announcement by JPMorgan, the world’s biggest Wall Street bank by revenue, could pressure other financial firms to offer similar arrangements.
  • JPMorgan could shutter backup trading floors located outside New York and London as a result of the move.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 4:24 AM

lots on youtube about the subject

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 4:26 AM

last guy looks like the dude from MIB. First dude is the one who started the hubub and the second guy is Glenn Beck... lol.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 5:13 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

fwiw nyc indoor retail has been open since phase 2, which started june 22.

i was last up there on fifth ave when de blasio trolled trump and painted blm in front of that ugly boomer bldg with his name on it and stuff was open then.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 11:51 AM
Selfie-stick vendor

I need to go into the city and give y’all a report

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
lots on youtube about the subject
Nice right wing conspiracy theory videos. I mean, OAN...come on man.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
fwiw nyc indoor retail has been open since phase 2, which started june 22.

i was last up there on fifth ave when de blasio trolled trump and painted blm in front of that ugly boomer bldg with his name on it and stuff was open then.
Videos posted on Youtube show stores in NYC boarded up so it must be 100% accurate and up-to-date. Witnessing it with your own eyes couldn't possibly be more reliable than what someone sitting at a computer in another state saw on a streaming media platform that is well known to be a major source of false and misleading information.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
Videos posted on Youtube show stores in NYC boarded up so it must be 100% accurate and up-to-date. Witnessing it with your own eyes couldn't possibly be more reliable than what someone sitting at a computer in another state saw on a streaming media platform that is well known to be a major source of false and misleading information.
I'm so sick of people gaslighting others saying that NYC is totally fine. It's not. It's going to shit right now and it will take a very long time to recover.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
I'm so sick of people gaslighting others saying that NYC is totally fine. It's not. It's going to shit right now and it will take a very long time to recover.
Says the guy that lives in a state that is still struggling to get its COVID outbreak under control after six months. We're good over here, worry about your own shit.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Um, you realize you're gaslighting, right?

NY will be fine. Remove the cancer in the WH, get a vaccine, and everything will be fine. Not just in NY, but everywhere.

There is no Covid-related challenge in NYC that isn't being faced everywhere else, and, if anything NY is faring better than other major American cities, given the minuscule illness rates, the lack of unrest, and the fact that schools are reopening, unlike every other major American city.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Are you in New York City?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 3:40 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Opportune time to do a Taxi Driver remake. Or Warriors....

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Um, you realize you're gaslighting, right?

NY will be fine. Remove the cancer in the WH, get a vaccine, and everything will be fine. Not just in NY, but everywhere.

There is no Covid-related challenge in NYC that isn't being faced everywhere else, and, if anything NY is faring better than other major American cities, given the minuscule illness rates, the lack of unrest, and the fact that schools are reopening, unlike every other major American city.
Honestly if NYC went back to where it was circa the early 2000s it wouldn't be bad at all. Maybe if the real estate prices came down a bit you'd have rando people graduating from college and moving to the city without solid plans again, which would make for a much more interesting city.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 4:35 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Lmao from NY to Philly to Wilmington, de we are fine and open. get out of the bubble you reside in.

I was just in NY 2 weeks ago & it was 12 midnight and it was jumping like nothing ever happened.

Im in Phiilly and Delaware everyday and shit is jumping like before.

Don't talk about stuff you don't know.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 4:52 AM

COVID19 will not be the death of New York, the death of New York could be the amount of deaths in New York though.

If crime isn't controlled, a decline will inevitably occur. If you don't think so, read history books and educate yourself. This has happened before and will happen again, it's just a question of when.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Reddit has better opinions than this site.
Not just for NYC, but any city. Its a great gauge for
What the hell is really happening.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 11:18 AM

Isn’t there a correlation between crime and economic despair? We’re in a historic recession. Economic anxiety leads to desperation and frustration. But for what it’s worth, Astoria feels pretty normal.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Isn’t there a correlation between crime and economic despair? We’re in a historic recession. Economic anxiety leads to desperation and frustration. But for what it’s worth, Astoria feels pretty normal.
There is no correlation between crime waves and the economy.. Crime actually fell during the Great Depression, and the economy was mostly pretty good in the 1960s when crime seriously spiked.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 1:54 PM

And crime, nationally, is down in 2020. Crime is down in NYC too.

It isn't especially shocking, given the pandemic has forced most people indoors for much of their waking hours. A few violent crimes are up, but overall crime is down.

And as previously mentioned, the late 60's saw an explosion of overall crime rates in the U.S., concurrent with a huge economic boom. There doesn't seem to be much evidence that crime is linked to economic conditions.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 3:09 PM

I predict rough waters ahead. COVID and BLM are plowing the field, planting the seeds of radicalism that will be harvested by an ascendant left who will assuredly drive wealth & normalcy from the city. The media and elected representatives have condoned endless protest and lawlessness that can be sparked from any disagreeable news now--even in far-flung locales like Minneapolis! That isn't good for stability or security. Toss in rising anti-Semitism, anti-Asian sentiments, racial divisions, demoralization by law enforcement, apathy by anyone right-of-center, high costs, remote workplaces, and a digital world served by delivery drivers.

The crocodile has been unleashed and there won't be enough neoliberals to fight it off. Republicans, disillusioned by their fellow countrymen and corporate enemies, will cheer on as cities become devoured. I don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen in November but it could break the backs of cities. The country could even decend into civil war or martial law, the kindling is already being laid for one. There have been multiple sparks and it only takes one of them moving past the "safe zones" of Michigan Ave, Fifth Ave, Minneapolis Autozone, and the Portland Courthouse. As you can tell, I have a fairly pessimistic view, hopefully I'm wrong.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions