HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 6:20 PM

Don't have a picture, but just wanted to point out that this Residence Inn by Marriott (technically) in Bala Cynwyd is very much under construction, and it's a pretty big project. On the other side of the river there is also a pretty sizeable apartment under construction right next to Wissahickon station.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 6:38 PM
Philly Rising Up!

I wasn't able to grab a photo, but Upper Darby on Rt. 3 before you get into Millborne has a shopping plaza coming up. A bulldozer was moving dirt around and a backhoe digging. Construction is happening every where in and around Philly.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2019, 3:45 PM

Residence Inn project looks nice.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 1:07 PM

Some of these developments may have been posted upthread, but I thought this article had a good overview of some projects in Wilmington along the Market Street corridor and surrounding blocks. Even more residential units (281!) coming online in the next few years:

-9th and Tatnall LLC will construct a new building housing 34 apartment units and two ground floor retail spaces on North Tatnall Street and West 9th Street in Wilmington.

-105 West 7th LLC will demolish three vacant buildings on West 7th Street and construct a new building containing 30 market-rate multifamily units.

-Quaker Arts LLC will convert four buildings on West Street into 53 affordable housing artist apartments with six units set aside for special needs populations.

-The Warner 927 LLC will renovate the building at the corner of 10th and Orange Streets, with a focus on six residential units and a new ground floor restaurant concept.

-210 Market Cooper LLC plans to create a mixed-use, ground-up development on the 200 block of North Market Street, which will include 90 market-rate apartment units, ground floor retail space and parking.

-BPG Real Estate Services LLC will convert retail space at 838 N. Market St. to a bank branch.

-901 Market Associates LLC will renovate the Market Tower Building at 901 N. Market St. to create 68 apartments.

-627 Market LLC will convert retail space at 627 N. Market St. into a modern Chinese food concept restaurant called Tom’s Dim Sum.

https://technical.ly/delaware/2019/0...trict-funding/

Old Posted Jul 19, 2019, 12:58 PM

^Thanks for the updates, glad to hear.

Especially the apartments for the Market Tower building, one of the more bizarre taller buildings in the area. I wonder if the apts are for the base portion or the skinny tower part:

---

I walked down on Market St. on the 200 block hoping to see BP Group beginning work on that apt building - but nothing yet.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2019, 1:29 AM

^Good question. I hope the renovate the facade...not exactly an attractive building.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2019, 2:22 AM

Camden Waterfront

I live in the Harrisburg Pa area and have for the past 10 years or so, but I do frequently visit the area because of relatives,friends,business,etc. I do have to say that I have seen the American Water Building in Camden but I hadn't seen it at night. The perspective at night when coming up from 95 South is pretty nice, I must say!! At one point I thought it was actually a new building in Center City/Society Hill but as I got closer I realized what it was...I wish I could have snapped a photo...Its really turned into a nice project!

Old Posted Jul 20, 2019, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
I wasn't able to grab a photo, but Upper Darby on Rt. 3 before you get into Millborne has a shopping plaza coming up. A bulldozer was moving dirt around and a backhoe digging. Construction is happening every where in and around Philly.

Yea, it's where the old bowling alley used to be...

From what I understand, it's going to be one of those Korean or Vietnamese strip-centers, similar to what is on the corner of West Chester Pike and Victory Ave. right across from 69th St Terminal...

Think of what those centers on Washington Ave around 10th and 11th St. look like...I think it's gonna be something like that.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2019, 3:59 AM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threecount View Post
Yea, it's where the old bowling alley used to be...

From what I understand, it's going to be one of those Korean or Vietnamese strip-centers, similar to what is on the corner of West Chester Pike and Victory Ave. right across from 69th St Terminal...

Think of what those centers on Washington Ave around 10th and 11th St. look like...I think it's gonna be something like that.
That’s good to know. I like it. And thanks for the scoop!

Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad9 View Post
Some of these developments may have been posted upthread, but I thought this article had a good overview of some projects in Wilmington along the Market Street corridor and surrounding blocks. Even more residential units (281!) coming online in the next few years:

-9th and Tatnall LLC will construct a new building housing 34 apartment units and two ground floor retail spaces on North Tatnall Street and West 9th Street in Wilmington.
I hadn't shared this one yet, but it's a great project. This team has been scaling up its work in Wilmington, and I hope / expect to see them continue to do great(er) things. The renderings I saw maybe 8-10 months back were sharp.

Quote:
-105 West 7th LLC will demolish three vacant buildings on West 7th Street and construct a new building containing 30 market-rate multifamily units.
This is a BPG project. 30 apartments at this location will be great for Market Street (street view)

Quote:
-Quaker Arts LLC will convert four buildings on West Street into 53 affordable housing artist apartments with six units set aside for special needs populations.

-The Warner 927 LLC will renovate the building at the corner of 10th and Orange Streets, with a focus on six residential units and a new ground floor restaurant concept.
The project at 10 x Orange is this building (street view), fingers crossed for a good exterior renovation

Quote:
-210 Market Cooper LLC plans to create a mixed-use, ground-up development on the 200 block of North Market Street, which will include 90 market-rate apartment units, ground floor retail space and parking.
This is the BPG project in LoMa that involved the demo of two buildings and the facadectomy of a third. At one point it was rumored (on here or in print, can't remember) to be office space, but I had only ever heard apartments. 90 units is great at this location and will boost foot traffic between Wilmington Station and the Queen.

Also, there used to be a really great "Cooper's" neon sign on the back of this building (King St.,), which you can see here

Quote:
-BPG Real Estate Services LLC will convert retail space at 838 N. Market St. to a bank branch.

-901 Market Associates LLC will renovate the Market Tower Building at 901 N. Market St. to create 68 apartments.

-627 Market LLC will convert retail space at 627 N. Market St. into a modern Chinese food concept restaurant called Tom’s Dim Sum.
Tom's Dim Sum was publicly announced years ago, but it's really been dragging. If you've never been, Tom's also has a great spot in Philly's Chinatown with a great sister restaurant on State Street in Media, PA. This will be the third.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing, Nomad

Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 5:18 PM

Several of the projects Nomad9 posted were made possible to (re)build as-of-right / by-right by a set of Zoning Code reforms the City of Wilmington enacted last summer. Parking minimums were eliminated in downtown's C-3 and C-4 and the FAR was bumped from 6 to 20 for residential uses in C-4. If not for those two changes, most of these projects would've had to go to ZBA, which is always a roll of the dice, and some may not have been pursued at all.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 6:47 PM

They won't have any problems filling these up.

Main Line community in line for first new apartment construction in years

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...first-new.html

Quote:
A real estate company plans to build an $18 million apartment complex in Narberth, which will be among the first new major developments in the quaint Main Line community in decades.

Two additional multifamily projects are on the horizon for Narberth, each at a different stage of the approval process. If all three get developed, they will reshape the borough. Narberth officials have tried to balance progress with preserving the borough's unique character and adopted a form-based zoning code that promotes development while adhering to standards in keeping with the surrounding community.

For the last two years, CDK Partners and Berger Associates — both based in Narberth— have been working on a plan to accommodate those guidelines and, through that process, the project was unanimously approved. In some ways, it will set a standard for future projects and what the borough is seeking to accomplish.

The development team plans to raze a 14,000-square-foot, 1960s vintage office building at 114 Forrest Ave. and construct a four-story building that will have 52 apartment units, four townhouse units and underground parking. Bernardon is the architect.

“There are very few places with a viable, vibrant business district in a walkable neighborhood in the suburbs that also have a train station,” said Bob Kagan of CDK Partners. That, along with the realization that the Forrest Avenue building, which the partnership owns, was functionally obsolete convinced him to move forward with the project.

The other multifamily projects going through the approval process are at 203 Haverford Ave. and 100 Forrest Ave., across the street from Kagan’s project. Narberth hasn’t had a new apartment complex in years, so Kagan’s project will serve as a test for demand. He’s encouraged by the pace of lease-up for other projects in neighboring communities such as Ardmore.

“There are a lot of people who have lived in the suburbs their whole lives and like it here,” he said. “I have a lot of friends who have said if they could find something, they would move.”

The project isn’t heavy on the sort of amenities that developers have been incorporating into their projects. “Our amenity package is really Narberth,” Kagan said. Construction is expected to begin by the end of this year or early next year.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 1:53 PM
Me?!?

Plans for Bridgeport town center plaza moving ahead
https://www.timesherald.com/news/loc...854f29f2e.html

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domodeez View Post
Several of the projects Nomad9 posted were made possible to (re)build as-of-right / by-right by a set of Zoning Code reforms the City of Wilmington enacted last summer. Parking minimums were eliminated in downtown's C-3 and C-4 and the FAR was bumped from 6 to 20 for residential uses in C-4. If not for those two changes, most of these projects would've had to go to ZBA, which is always a roll of the dice, and some may not have been pursued at all.
That’s great. It’s encouraging to see some fruits of zoning reform.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
They won't have any problems filling these up.

Main Line community in line for first new apartment construction in years

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...first-new.html
These are great projects. The Haverford Avenue one is where Ricklin's Hardware was: http://www.mainlinemedianews.com/mai...b0c57ca41.html I was thinking what a cute little town Narberth is when walking around it the other day and thinking it could use some apartments and same for Ardmore. And wishing we had gone to one of these places for the year instead of a car-centric condo building in Bala that makes me want to kill myself.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 12:04 AM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
These are great projects. The Haverford Avenue one is where Ricklin's Hardware was: http://www.mainlinemedianews.com/mai...b0c57ca41.html I was thinking what a cute little town Narberth is when walking around it the other day and thinking it could use some apartments and same for Ardmore. And wishing we had gone to one of these places for the year instead of a car-centric condo building in Bala that makes me want to kill myself.
You might like "downtown" Malvern off King St where Brick and Brew is located. It's pretty walkable too. And of course Media as previously mentioned in other discussions.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
You might like "downtown" Malvern off King St where Brick and Brew is located. It's pretty walkable too. And of course Media as previously mentioned in other discussions.
Thanks. Too late now, sadly. Already bought. If I could do it over, I think Ardmore would have made the most sense. My office is there now. It's ok. Not permanent.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 8:55 PM

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 9:00 PM

Organic grocer moves to suburbs, will anchor new Montco center

Grocer is Sprouts, center is Promenade at Upper Dublin.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2019, 1:41 AM

Perhaps a bit early to announce here, but this mixed use project is going to begin -- at least in some capacity -- next summer in Ardmore: http://www.mainlinemedianews.com/mai...0e21bd422.html 58,795-square footprint with 19,311 square feet of retail space and two levels of underground parking located behind the structure. There will be 158 apartments on the upper levels (if Kimco didn't give in to demands to shrink the project). I just picked up some office space in one of the Coulter buildings, and Kimco wouldn't let the lease run past June 2020 because they want to get going on this then. Ardmore is on fire!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations