HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 12:49 AM

^^^ Oh I know, dude was just trolling.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
^^^ Oh I know, dude was just trolling.
One more thing if I may...This was posted in the comments on his YouTube link. Maybe this troll will take down his video. Lol
https://ibb.co/3swNMn0

https://ibb.co/86ZxK3S

These are the rankings by number of buildings, and the other is by the number of highrises.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
One more thing if I may...This was posted in the comments on his YouTube link. Maybe this troll will take down his video. Lol

These are the rankings by number of buildings, and the other is by the number of highrises.
I always personally assumed LA was ranked #3 in the US for number of buildings/high rises. At the rate we're going in 10-15 years hopefully the gap with Chicago will get smaller.

Quick question though, is this list including all the 3-13ish story pre-war buildings all over the LA basin (i.e. K-town, Hollywood, etc.)? Taking all the obvious places, like downtown, Century City, Wilshire, and West LA, it feels that 643 is a really low number taking all of those into account (not to mention if you also include the buildings in the Valley).

Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 1:43 AM

Quote:

LOL its just insane, I know until the world ends, there will always be "City Vs. City" arguments. Its just weird/insane for me when people insist on having it LA vs. The rest of the country lol I don't get the hate. But. I digress.

Any updates on whats happening on both sides of the fig 7th plaza? 2 towers and 2 big gaps in the skyline closing. Would love to see both rising now.

Also, any news on the Olympia towers ? i remember somebody posted pics of the site was being cleared, i know its just part of the permit process but has any of our permit watchers seen any updates?

And any news on my personal favorite 925 fig tower ? the one thats going to be 975 feet tall (hoping for a Wilshire grand spire to add 100 feet) hahaha

I would ask about oceanwide plaza but im truly starting not to care anymore.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 1:45 AM

Quote:

He didn't take down the video, but he did delete all those comments critical of his video

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 7:25 PM

FigAt7th 64 story apartment tower update

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Why does it seem like this one is moving so slow?? :/

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 8:48 PM

Thanks Hugh. I feel like a minority here but Fig&7 is going to be just too dang big for me to like it. I really like tall slender towers and while this one is thin from one perspective, it's too wide on the other. They could have gone for an irregular stepped look, or even slanted roof, but nope, it's a rectangular behemoth. Another box in the Los Angeles skyline.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerellO View Post
Why does it seem like this one is moving so slow?? :/
Extremely big footprint and a narrow, long work area limits initial construction speed.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 6:06 PM

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 7:13 PM

Glad it's with Omni, so will likely get made! Let's just hope there's no haircut. I'd like to see more height come to the AD!

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcheckjj View Post
Glad it's with Omni, so will likely get made! Let's just hope there's no haircut. I'd like to see more height come to the AD!
I actually really like this high-rise, white or black only would make it easier on the eyes imo. Not sure why they settled on the two tone look, it's clashing.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2020, 12:50 AM
Inveterate Angeleno

^ I think it's cool that Onni plans on preserving the older buildings and maintaining the industrial-like character. That said, I hope they add sidewalks and bury the power lines.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 5:14 PM

Some crane activity on Oceanwide today. I've been noticing the cranes in different directions over the past few weeks but didn't actually catch any action until now. Not sure if they are adding or removing things though...

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 6:09 PM

Thanks for the update. Seeing crane workers without a construction team and empty flat bed trucks with the street closed could mean that the cranes are coming down.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 6:45 PM

My guess is that they are removing equipment at least. This oldish article outlines a whole bunch of unpaid work that they might be trying to recoup costs on. I can't imagine anything left in the building is worth THAT much though...

https://www.levelset.com/blog/oceanw...uction-claims/

EDIT: It looks like you're right, they are taking apart the middle, shortest crane right now. They're lowering all of the counterweights off of it and loading them, plus what looks like blocks of material, onto the flatbed.

Last edited by nmkef; Oct 26, 2020 at 7:00 PM.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 8:12 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
Thanks for the update. Seeing crane workers without a construction team and empty flat bed trucks with the street closed could mean that the cranes are coming down.
Yea, crazy how they would just leave a project like that. It's so closed to finished (at least it looks like it). I'm surprised it's so hard for them to get a loan to add the finishing touches, because when they do they can start making the big rent/mortgage money.

On another note 7th and Fig is coming along nicely. Anyone know what's slated for 8th and fig? Isn't there a large empty lot there?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Yea, crazy how they would just leave a project like that. It's so closed to finished (at least it looks like it). I'm surprised it's so hard for them to get a loan to add the finishing touches, because when they do they can start making the big rent/mortgage money.

On another note 7th and Fig is coming along nicely. Anyone know what's slated for 8th and fig? Isn't there a large empty lot there?
They started digging. It's a huge hole right now.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 9:16 PM
DENNAB

EDIT: It's the 42 story apartment tower that broke ground earlier this year.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 9:37 PM

Changing the subject, I found the plans for 804 S Garland, surprised I've never seen them posted here.

https://planning.lacity.org/pdiscase...e8558211cd/pdd

Not that exciting, no nice renders, and what we do get seems kind of bland. It's also only 150 feet, but honestly, I'll take anything when it comes to West of the 110.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations