HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 7:30 AM

Where will these buildings be built exactly?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBuildings888 View Post
Where will these buildings be built exactly?
Yes it would have been helpful if someone had given us the address.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
The title of the thread kind of handles that nicely, but agree that some detail and not just dumping a lifted image would be a solid consideration for future posts.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
You beat me to it!

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
The title of the thread kind of handles that nicely, but agree that some detail and not just dumping a lifted image would be a solid consideration for future posts.
“Some detail and not just dumping a lifted image”. Haha. Do I really need to specify the address when it’s clearly stated in the thread’s title?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 7:23 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
“Some detail and not just dumping a lifted image”. Haha. Do I really need to specify the address when it’s clearly stated in the thread’s title?
No, you don’t need to do that when a clearly identified and documented project has its own thread. Where will they be built? They are being built. Please look at previous photos and postings.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
No, you don’t need to do that when a clearly identified and documented project has its own thread. Where will they be built? They are being built. Please look at previous photos and postings.
Exactly. Is it too much to ask newcomers to the forum to read through the entire thread, especially when it's only a couple of pages? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
As much detail as is known about the project is usually found in the first or earliest posts about a particular building. Future posts normally and quite properly mostly contain new renderings or photos of construction progress unless there's a major change in the project.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2018, 6:15 AM
heavy user of walkability

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 12:22 AM

don't need to look into the hole anymore

along Mission

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 5:14 AM

October 22, 2018

The progress on this large project is quite impressive. I recommend you visit the site for a look.

1500-1580 Mission Street, San Francisco

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 5:37 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

This will be the tallest in the immediate area for the time being, no?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 7:07 AM
Surrounded by Nature

100 Van Ness is the same height.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2018, 8:25 PM

October 29, 2018 - Cladding Being Installed

A view between a chain-link fence. I was surprised to see the skin already being put on so soon.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
A view between a chain-link fence. I was surprised to see the skin already being put on so soon.

That low rise portion is actually already topped off.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2018, 9:15 PM

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 2:19 AM

This building is such an improvement, and will transform the feel of the whole area below Market on S Van Ness.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizago View Post
This building is such an improvement, and will transform the feel of the whole area below Market on S Van Ness.
It'll certainly help but I hope some of the other "Hub" towers also get built before the cycle ends (and I've got all my fingers and toes crossed because I think getting that to happen is going to require a lot of luck).

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
It'll certainly help but I hope some of the other "Hub" towers also get built before the cycle ends (and I've got all my fingers and toes crossed because I think getting that to happen is going to require a lot of luck).
I hate to be a negative nancy because I know we're supposed to be positive here, but I'm pretty invested in this area (live at NEMA) and I cannot see a way the rest get started this cycle (which honestly feels like it's on its last breath as we speak).

One Oak - For sale as entitled, no progress on that.

1270 Mission - Officially on hold.

Honda Dealership - Needs height increase approved/HUB plan approved.

30 Van Ness - Won't start until 1500 Mission is complete and all SF offices have moved in, although since the city needs money from the sale of this thing this one could move forward outside of the cycle.

City Ballet School Tower - Still in EIR phase as far as I know. Also think it needs HUB plan to pass?

French American School Tower - LOOOOOONG way to go on this still. Needs HUB plan to pass.

CCSF Site on Gough - Boarded up but nowhere near approval. Needs HUB plan to pass.

1 South Van Ness - Nothing even proposed yet, needs HUB Plan to pass but could be tallest in the hood.

1601 Mission - Believe it's officially on hold.

This will be like Rincon Hill I think...very few proposed towers go forward in the current cycle, and by the next cycle they'll be well positioned to be the first out of the gate and sprout like weeds and go up around the same time.

Central SOMA and HUB Plan took/are taking so long and there are so many projects waiting on both to move forward, both huge and infill. As a result I think both areas will be crane cities whenever the market picks back up again.

Would love to be proved wrong on any of the above though! Such a vital site for the city to provide tons of housing right on top of A+ transit and situated perfectly around some vibrant neighborhoods (Hayes Valley and Mission).

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
This will be like Rincon Hill I think...very few proposed towers go forward in the current cycle, and by the next cycle they'll be well positioned to be the first out of the gate and sprout like weeds and go up around the same time.
I was going to say essentially that--like Rincon Hill that got the first ORH tower last cycle and then nothing until a new cycle began.

I really think, given that the City seems to have ruled out towers on Third St. which would have been logical and is in the process of limiting them in mid-SOMA, this is the next logical place for tall development for the next boom.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I was going to say essentially that--like Rincon Hill that got the first ORH tower last cycle and then nothing until a new cycle began.

I really think, given that the City seems to have ruled out towers on Third St. which would have been logical and is in the process of limiting them in mid-SOMA, this is the next logical place for tall development for the next boom.
May I ask why you single out 3rd street in particular? Is there some history to that corridor being considered for high rises?

Knowing nothing about the history, 4th street seems like the more logical choice, with the Central Subway running down and under it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive