HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 4:58 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^^^
DRWC should of stipulated the design be bold and not boring or run of the mill as part of the condition of the award. We have too many of that already...LOL.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 7:49 PM

Rendering Revealed For 24-Story Building At 300 North Christopher Columbus Boulevard In Center City

Quote:
A new rendering has been revealed for a proposed 290-foot-tall residential building at 300 North Christopher Columbus Boulevard. Designed by Handel Architects and developed by the Durst Organization, the 24-story structure would replace a large parking lot on the Delaware River waterfront. The development is planned to rise three-quarters as high as the nearby 385-foot-tall Benjamin Franklin Bridge and will bring much-needed activity to the neglected stretch of the waterfront.
Read more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2020/09/rend...nter-city.html

Old Posted Sep 6, 2020, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Rendering Revealed
...in January?

Why are you spamming a bunch of old news?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2020, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
...in January?

Why are you spamming a bunch of old news?
Thought it was cool to revisit some of these projects. Stumbled upon that website this weekend. Plus, I think that website is from a forum member here, so cool to support him. Why does it matter to you so much that you felt the need to comment? Lol

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 4:19 PM

Penn's Landing developer Durst talks Philadelphia appeal for first project outside of New York

Quote:
The Durst Organization is spearheading three projects along the Delaware River.

The Penn’s Landing project is the centerpiece, with plans calling for 3.5 million square feet of mixed-use space, including thousands of new residential units, hundreds of hotel rooms and tens of thousands of square feet in retail space. The company is also redeveloping a group of piers near the Ben Franklin Bridge, which Durst said can be a significant development because of the potential zoning floor area at the site.

The third project is located at Vine Street on the west side of Delaware Avenue, where the company will spend another $250 million to $300 million to build a 370,000-square-foot mixed-use building on the vacant parcel, Durst said. The Vine Street project is in the permitting stages, and development will take place simultaneously with the Penn's Landing project, he said.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...investing.html

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 8:17 PM

“We don’t want to put a lot of residences onto the market during a significant downturn of the economy,” Durst said. “That wouldn’t work well for DRWC, the city or for us, so we’re looking at that very closely.”

^ I’ll be surprised if one shovel hits the ground before 2030 on any of their projects here

Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
“We don’t want to put a lot of residences onto the market during a significant downturn of the economy,” Durst said. “That wouldn’t work well for DRWC, the city or for us, so we’re looking at that very closely.”

^ I’ll be surprised if one shovel hits the ground before 2030 on any of their projects here
Agreed.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 2:30 PM
build awesome buildings

^Why in the world would the DRWC choose a development partner that was going to do nothing for the next 10 years when their giant crown jewel (Penn's Landing Park) is being built and ready for the public? While that statement above is clearly not what is ideal, I can't imagine that the head of the DRWC is thinking "My job will be secure if we make these big announcements and nothing ever happens - this seems like the right move."

Basically, I am hoping you both are very wrong about this start date lol (though i definitely agree with your concerns).

Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 3:06 PM

I don’t know, why would they pick a development partner that’s owned land in the city since 2017 and hasn’t even filed for a zoning permit ? The city’s track record at picking developers is awful.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 4:04 PM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
I don’t know, why would they pick a development partner that’s owned land in the city since 2017 and hasn’t even filed for a zoning permit ? The city’s track record at picking developers is awful.
Good point - expecting people to make rational, thoughtful decisions for the right reasons is always a dangerous thing to assume here.

Let's hope they know something we don't know about all of this and that the 8-9 year timeline for completing these projects is indeed realistic

Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 5:57 PM
Future World Dictator

Quote:
Just wanted to note that the DWRC isn't part of the city government (though 2 current City employees, and 1 former high-level city employee, appear to be on their 16 member board of directors).

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 4:28 AM

^^^^
What's their funding sources? Follow the money.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 4:50 AM

I think the likely reason why Durst was picked was because they put forth what was by far the best plan. I don't think there's anything particularly head scratching about it. Nothing is set in stone yet though, and hopefully the DWRC makes sure any finalized agreement includes assurances the project will get started well before 2030.

Even if it is a few years before we see any progress though, keep in mind, it's not like the economic downturn is a figment of their imagination. Pretty unlikely we'd see quick action here regardless of who was picked.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2020, 4:25 AM
build awesome buildings

http://www.rising.realestate/permits...elaware-river/

looks like this is going to get moving before 2030 - i’m hoping that we’ll get some more details in the cdr packet soon.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 6:18 PM

^^Permits Pulled for 25-Story, 360-Unit Building Near the Delaware River

Read/view more here:
http://www.rising.realestate/permits...elaware-river/

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 6:19 PM

Construction Anticipated At 300 North Columbus Street

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2020/11/300-...in-bridge.html

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 6:24 PM

Do we have any renderings for this other than the drawing above? I feel like we don't have a good enough idea of what this will look like.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2020, 7:47 PM
Philly Pholly

Not an exciting building. The many angles will allow for some great apartments with great views. I think these will be very popular. The density for the waterfront is great. I'm hoping there will be a very innovative and inviting ground floor with restaurant space

Old Posted Nov 23, 2020, 3:11 PM

This will make a huge difference on that stretch. The possibilities for Del Ave are yuuuuge.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 1:16 AM
PHL

Morgan's Pier is salivating at the notion of this.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals