HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #801  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2007, 7:31 PM
Dac150's Avatar
Dac150 Dac150 is offline
World Machine
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NY/CT
Posts: 6,749
Very nice to see an update.
__________________
"I'm going there, but I like it here wherever it is.."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #802  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2007, 7:56 PM
Austin55's Avatar
Austin55 Austin55 is offline
__________
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 4,971
heres another.

so,this is all that ive got done. I havent been on Su much,so here is the whole entire city.




Darn fishies got a nice view

Obniosly,alot of work still needs to be done. there are still alot of empty lots. But IMO,it looks WAAAAY more realistic

also,San yuck,It had to go. It made no sense. Poor,rundown Commieblocks on Californian beaches and the riverfront full of high doller condos?!??! so yeah. there might be a new slum district in the future,but not right now.
__________________
Fort Worth Urban Development
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #803  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 1:03 AM
verticalextropy's Avatar
verticalextropy verticalextropy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 1,304
Alright Austin! Now it's really coming to look fantastic, and it looks better than realistic it looks like a cool game.
I'm confussed is that the waterfront I see there with the roads turning into piers?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #804  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 1:18 AM
Patrick's Avatar
Patrick Patrick is offline
Desert Dweller
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,610
I still wanna know what Calcorp is. Cause thats realllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy lame if you tried to make a new company using the name Galcorp.

I amm liking the new layout, so much better and much more realalistic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #805  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 1:18 AM
Aleks's Avatar
Aleks Aleks is offline
cookies, skittles & milk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,257
Calcorp is my favorite building since it's the most realistic lookin and yes the city looks more realistic than before.

I don't think the streets turn into piers, he may just not be finished with that part of town.
__________________
...the greatness of victor is equally proportionate to the skill and obduracy of foe...
-Kostof-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #806  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 4:08 AM
foxmtbr's Avatar
foxmtbr foxmtbr is offline
Finger Lickin' Good.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 3,656
Great job redoing the city. It already looks awesome, and it's not even done.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #807  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 4:48 AM
Austin55's Avatar
Austin55 Austin55 is offline
__________
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 4,971
oh wow lots of comments ! thanks.

Quote:
Alright Austin! Now it's really coming to look fantastic, and it looks better than realistic it looks like a cool game.
I'm confussed is that the waterfront I see there with the roads turning into piers?
That would be cool.(didnt fox try that?)
Where? its probably not done

Quote:
I still wanna know what Calcorp is. Cause thats realllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy lame if you tried to make a new company using the name Galcorp.

I amm liking the new layout, so much better and much more realalistic.
Ehh,no. Its not a Galcorp Parody. Its just a name I made up to stick on a building. I wasnt intintional. Ifyou look at the last shot,you can see a Sancorp sighn. Ill change it if you want. No hard feeling I hope

Quote:
Calcorp is my favorite building since it's the most realistic lookin and yes the city looks more realistic than before.

I don't think the streets turn into piers, he may just not be finished with that part of town.
Calcorp is pretty neat though. I like the color. I made a Animation,but the link was busted so Iedited it out.

yeah,they do in some places yeah,Im not done.

Quote:
Great job redoing the city. It already looks awesome, and it's not even done.
Thanks yeah,Im really happy with how it worked out.I actually know what Im doing,rather than making a building and putting it on a square
__________________
Fort Worth Urban Development
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #808  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 1:53 PM
verticalextropy's Avatar
verticalextropy verticalextropy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 1,304
Yeah, it sorta reminds me of fox's
No the game's not done but for some reason i hear cars speeding and police sirens singing when i look at your city
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #809  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2007, 2:17 AM
Mocholate's Avatar
Mocholate Mocholate is offline
nuttin
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sydney,Down Under
Posts: 2,360
the shot through the glass ceiling i give 5 pants down
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #810  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2007, 8:49 PM
Austin55's Avatar
Austin55 Austin55 is offline
__________
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 4,971
not a bad view for a 20$ goldfish ehhh?

Couldnt resist


Here are some new and old building scattered around.If you can guess what inspired NBC(white with black stripes) Ill give ya somthin

San Felix Department of public Transportation speaking,how may I help you? yeah,could you get the trees out of the road at 29th and Broad? There realy annoying. Ok, not a problem. Remember were here to serve,protect,keep you safe and healthy and ....SHUT UP!!!!! *hangs up Phone*


Just for you Dac150
__________________
Fort Worth Urban Development
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #811  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2007, 9:59 PM
Austin55's Avatar
Austin55 Austin55 is offline
__________
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 4,971
Merry Christmas From Picasso plaza!
__________________
Fort Worth Urban Development
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #812  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2007, 10:13 PM
verticalextropy's Avatar
verticalextropy verticalextropy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 1,304
that's very nice Austin, love the NBC bldng.
Is that neon picasso made with kerky?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #813  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2007, 10:31 PM
Aleks's Avatar
Aleks Aleks is offline
cookies, skittles & milk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,257
Looks like photoshop.

Anyways, I can't guess the NBC Plaza but there's a building imn the first shop that looks like The Harbor Tower in Vancouver B.C.

The city looks awesome by the way.
__________________
...the greatness of victor is equally proportionate to the skill and obduracy of foe...
-Kostof-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #814  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2007, 11:36 PM
Patrick's Avatar
Patrick Patrick is offline
Desert Dweller
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin55 View Post
Here are some new and old building scattered around.If you can guess what inspired NBC(white with black stripes) Ill give ya somthin
Well I do know that the building on the right looks alottt like the Henry M. Jackson Building in Seattle (sound familier Aleks?) But despite my knowlege of alotta buildings, I DO NOT KNOWWW AHHH TELL ME AUSTIN!

Oh in the first picture I see two buildings based off of real onezzzz uhh 1 Financial Square in NYC on the right and One Harbor Center from Vancouver on the lefttt.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #815  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2007, 11:42 PM
Dac150's Avatar
Dac150 Dac150 is offline
World Machine
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NY/CT
Posts: 6,749
Awesome austin. Thank you for that box, you know me too well. The city is really looking great in every area. The company names really mature the city nicely. Good job!
__________________
"I'm going there, but I like it here wherever it is.."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #816  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2007, 12:08 AM
Aleks's Avatar
Aleks Aleks is offline
cookies, skittles & milk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,257
WOW! I didn't even notice that Patrick. Come on Austin. Just tell us.
__________________
...the greatness of victor is equally proportionate to the skill and obduracy of foe...
-Kostof-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #817  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2007, 5:55 AM
Austin55's Avatar
Austin55 Austin55 is offline
__________
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 4,971
ya you were all right.

Ok,the NBC building was based of...

A building in texas! theres your first hint

sorta off topic.but..

heres a really weird story for ya. sorry if I make alotta mispelling,my hands are shaking and sweating. Heres why. My mom and I were looking through a bunch of our vacation pictures. I looked in this one bag and saw a brochure from bostons hanckock tower when whe went there in 98ish. So I pulled some pictures out of the bag. There were a bunch from New England. Then I saw one from times square. so I looked through a few more,and,Found one of NY skyline from A borugh,way north of the city. It was mostly a big wall with graffiti andalotta of smokestacks. Bu O started looking at the skyline and saw The WTC. I nearly cried. It was really amazing,and to think That I saw that is pretty cool.

yeah,Its a picture Im going to keep forever.

OK,the end.
__________________
Fort Worth Urban Development
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #818  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2007, 8:18 AM
Austin55's Avatar
Austin55 Austin55 is offline
__________
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 4,971
__________________
Fort Worth Urban Development
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #819  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2007, 6:02 PM
Patrick's Avatar
Patrick Patrick is offline
Desert Dweller
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin55 View Post
ya you were all right.

Ok,the NBC building was based of...

A building in texas! theres your first hint

sorta off topic.but..

heres a really weird story for ya. sorry if I make alotta mispelling,my hands are shaking and sweating. Heres why. My mom and I were looking through a bunch of our vacation pictures. I looked in this one bag and saw a brochure from bostons hanckock tower when whe went there in 98ish. So I pulled some pictures out of the bag. There were a bunch from New England. Then I saw one from times square. so I looked through a few more,and,Found one of NY skyline from A borugh,way north of the city. It was mostly a big wall with graffiti andalotta of smokestacks. Bu O started looking at the skyline and saw The WTC. I nearly cried. It was really amazing,and to think That I saw that is pretty cool.

yeah,Its a picture Im going to keep forever.

OK,the end.
My dad has a few pics of the Twins, hell he even went to the top on May 2001 on a businiess tripp, he also went to the topp of the ESB. He lovedd NYC, said how people where actually very friendly and how the city's vibe was.

I REMEMBER he called home from his hotel room at the Marriott World Financial Center, (2blocks down from the WTC) TELLLIN ME that he was looking right up to the Twin Towerszz. I was a lil 2nd grader back then, and even then I was obsessseeddd with the twins.

I'll never misplacee those pics. AUSTIN CAN YOU scan the picture?

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #820  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2007, 7:03 PM
CGII's Avatar
CGII CGII is offline
illwaukee/crooklyn
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: rome
Posts: 8,518
I was in New York on August 11, 2001, staring at the twins from the ESB deck precisely one month before the second plane hit.
__________________
disregard women. acquire finances.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:08 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.