HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 1:14 PM

Yeah, Tallahassee is a sleeper cool college town/state capital. I love that there are beautiful beaches and large natural areas nearby.

I spent part of a summer teaching in Tallahassee many years ago, and enjoyed my time there immensely.

Like you said, it has that old school southern slow charm, but there’s tons of young energy there as well with FSU and FAMU in town.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Tallahassee is a nice town. Was pleasantly surprised and exuded that old school southern charm. Stark contrast to south Florida and the Bay Area.
I like Tallahassee too. Topography wise, it's hilly central area sticks out even when compared to a vast amount of the South Georgia which has a flatter consistency. Some nearby places in South Georgia (like Valdosta) gives a more typical Florida aesthetic.

I also appreciate the Native American history, the universities, and the ease of life of Tallahassee.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 4:15 PM
Chillin' in The Burgh

In PA I have been to most of the big metros - I live in the Pittsburgh metro and I've been to Philly, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Erie but I've never been to the ABE metro - Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton which is a metro of 844k people. Never been to Scranton-Wilkes Barre either and I don't know if I ever will.
I'm more ashamed of the nearby out of state cities I've never been to. I have never been to Baltimore or Buffalo and Also Akron (less than 2 hrs away). I need to visit them someday.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 6:53 PM

I have been in many dozens of towns and cities in Western and Central NY, but East of Syracuse I have only seen places in passing while traveling through toward Boston or Philadelphia. Never in Albany, and only visited Manhattan when in NYC. I know more of PA than NY.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions