HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 6:18 PM

Farm Boy opens March 22 at Harvard Square Plaza on Mohawk Rd. West.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 1:18 PM
It's Hammer Time

I was there this morning, it's a nice addition to the neighbourhood.

I live within walking distance so I can see myself going there a lot.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 5:57 PM

Does anyone see Hamburger re-opening on King William? I personally don't... same goes for Fish and Chip.

Both places are owned by the same company. Fish and Chip closed a year? or almost a year ago today and was set to "reopen", same with Hamburger. I know the location on Ottawa Street is still open.

I think it has to do with increases in rent? I don't see it personally re-opening.

Anyone with an inside scoop?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 6:39 PM

they are renovating and expanding Hambrgr. Should be re-opening in the next month. Rumour has Fsh and Chp opening elsewhere, or upstairs. Hambrgr will take both ground floor spaces and patios.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 12:56 AM
Burger Connoisseur

Hambrgr is NOT going anywhere, they are one of Hamilton's best success stories in the restaurant game!!! Like LRTfan said they gave up the slightly less successful FshChp location so they could expand their small King William Hambrgr location to accommodate the demand!

Their Ottawa St location is much larger and always packed as is their St.Catharines location as well!

Hambrgr has a die hard following that extends well outside Hamilton into Toronto and Buffalo even. Trust me they will be reopening very soon!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 1:05 AM

ya it's a wicked restaurant. A bud and myself are itching for this location to open again. It'll be rammed all summer.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTfan View Post
they are renovating and expanding Hambrgr. Should be re-opening in the next month. Rumour has Fsh and Chp opening elsewhere, or upstairs. Hambrgr will take both ground floor spaces and patios.
I know upstairs are apartments on most of King William, but how cool would it be for multiple floors of restaurants all along restaurant row?

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I know upstairs are apartments on most of King William, but how cool would it be for multiple floors of restaurants all along restaurant row?
Cool, yes. But quite expensive for the restaurant owner.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2020, 11:11 PM

Will be interested to see how this plays out locally.

'Never seen anything as catastrophic': Malls in Canada face massive hit as unpaid rent surges
(National Post/Bloomberg News, Doug Alexander, Apr 27 2020)

Canada’s malls are facing a wave of skipped rents and could see vacancy rates triple by year-end, with the coronavirus poised to leave its scars on a fragile retail sector long after the pandemic ends.

In the country’s enclosed regional malls — a category that includes Toronto’s Eaton Centre and Pacific Centre in Vancouver — only 20 per cent to 25 per cent of tenants paid rent in April, according to brokerage firm JLL Canada. Big box shopping centres and community strip malls took in only a little over half their expected rent.

“I’ve been in this business over 30 years and I have never seen anything as catastrophic or as impactful in a negative way in our business,” Tim Sanderson, who heads retail at JLL Canada, said in an interview. “It’s the mid-tier smaller-scale landlord that cannot make their mortgage payments to their lender that are going to be in trouble.”

Read it in full here.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion