HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 11:52 PM

FWIW, I did start a thread for the 17 Washington project: http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243664 .

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 5:03 PM

Well that's cool. I'll let my real Mom know.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 2:32 AM

While workers were away: 6 new buildings on the Minneapolis skyline
The pandemic hasn't stopped construction in downtown Minneapolis, where the skyline continues to change.
https://www.startribune.com/construc...lis/572252772/

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLS_Const_Watch View Post
FWIW, I did start a thread for the 17 Washington project: http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243664 .
Nice. Feel a residential building would have less push-back right now.

Also makes me wonder with some questions/concerns some people have about living IN the city, if this will put more pressure on larger developments just outside the city (zoning/approval permitting, of course). Not a radical change, but more a thumb on the scale that could push a developer to take a bit more of a risk and have something big at, say West End.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 11:19 PM

Not sure if I'd want the new building on Washington to match the one on Hennepin. Maybe more modern, more glass.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2020, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenratboy View Post
Nice. Feel a residential building would have less push-back right now.

Also makes me wonder with some questions/concerns some people have about living IN the city, if this will put more pressure on larger developments just outside the city (zoning/approval permitting, of course). Not a radical change, but more a thumb on the scale that could push a developer to take a bit more of a risk and have something big at, say West End.
I can’t see West End in particular as much of a risk. There are already five or six large apartment buildings in that area, either complete or under construction, counting the ones on the north side of 394.

I’m really hoping that things downtown will improve drastically when COVID is under control and the number of people on the streets goes back to normal.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2020, 4:32 PM

The West End is a fairly unique area. I wouldn't be surprised to see highrises spreading from downtown to 394. More than already are there.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 4:36 PM

Looking forward to this proposal to get started. Should be soon.

The Planning Commission voted unanimously to approve a 10-story, hotel-and-condo building at Lake & Excelsior.

The mixed-use building, being built by Elevage Development Group, will have 20 condo units, 100 hotel rooms and about 11,000 square feet of commercial space. The building will stand 114 feet. https://www.southwestjournal.com/new...sior-approved/

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 7:39 PM

I love the new 27 story proposal on Washington at Hennepin.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 8:53 PM

^ This and the Northloop proposal 2 blocks away look or have such similarities that it's uncanny.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 1:54 AM

Nice. Enough proposals that even if a few inevitably fail, *something* will be going up (in addition to what is already under way).

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 3:56 PM

I totally agree. 3 nice proposals well underway.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2020, 11:56 PM

You know I was thinking last night a nice new building between 17 Washington N. and the North Loop proposal would be great. I am usually not a fan of buildings clad in black but this would be an appropriate area that I could be on board with that. I'd also want it to be a bit taller than either of these other projects, 30 stories?

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 1:32 AM

Still waiting for that 1,000 foot proposal and 2 million more views to catch up to Salt Lake City. Unreal.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 6:22 PM

Checking my other sites for new proposals and progress of buildings under construction. Not finding anything. Maybe later?

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 6:45 PM

Anything under construction in downtown St. Paul? And does a St. Paul site on Skyscraperpage.com even exist? And will a high rise ever arise in Uptown?

In the 21 years I lived there, proposals came around for Uptown, east side of Calhoun, but never ever materialized.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
Anything under construction in downtown St. Paul? And does a St. Paul site on Skyscraperpage.com even exist? And will a high rise ever arise in Uptown?

In the 21 years I lived there, proposals came around for Uptown, east side of Calhoun, but never ever materialized.
Most things in St. Paul are in the 5-6 story category, although there is a rumor that the AECOM - former jail site could start next year, I think that was in the 20 story range.
I don't think you'll ever see a "tower" built in Uptown. Even though there is a 15 story proposal for the former Calhoun Square I'd be surprised if it doesn't get chopped down to 10 stories or so.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 1:00 AM

I'd like to see a couple tallish buildings go up in Uptown. Put them up on major streets, like Lake or Hennepin.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 5:21 PM

If they ever built all 4 AECOM buildings it would dramatically change the riverfront, especially if they did anything close to some of the representative drawings they've used. The best part would be the connection down to the river. Also lets not forget that the Energy Center's parking ramp has to be replaced and we've seen some proposals for that as well.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN/WI View Post
If they ever built all 4 AECOM buildings it would dramatically change the riverfront, especially if they did anything close to some of the representative drawings they've used. The best part would be the connection down to the river. Also lets not forget that the Energy Center's parking ramp has to be replaced and we've seen some proposals for that as well.
What’s AECOM? Have you got a link for that?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations