HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Le Drummond II in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 11:51 PM
Look at me!

Drummond condos site Nov. 14 2012, the sales office is in the background (my photos)

Old Posted Nov 21, 2012, 1:10 PM

Newest render.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2012, 1:32 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Meh. good infill, perhaps.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2012, 2:50 PM

It is such an ugly site (looks like a war zone) that any infill is welcome. We need density downtown.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2012, 3:38 PM
Look at me!

Good infill. And on this render, the base of the tower interacts with the street in a good way

In a few years, those side streets between Ste-Cath and Rene-Levesque won't look like war zones anymore, and we'll be able to walk through them while feeling the canyon effect the whole time.

And good for samcon, as MLskyline said in proposals, samcon is progressively getting better.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 6:04 PM

Le Drummond : Samcon lance officiellement le projet

15 janvier 2013

Le promoteur immobilier montréalais Samcon lancera officiellement son ambitieux projet le Drummond, le 18 janvier prochain, avec l'ouverture officielle du pavillon des ventes.

Érigé sur un ancien stationnement, le nouvel ensemble architectural sera situé sur la rue Drummond, entre la rue Sainte-Catherine et le boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest.

Deux tours résidentielles
Le Drummond, qui porte la signature du MMB Architectes (Groupe IBI), sera composé de deux élégantes tours résidentielles de 23 et 21 étages qui s'élanceront à partir d'une base commune de trois étages abritant commerces et bureaux. D'allure contemporaine, ces gratte-ciels aux lignes fluides se distingueront par leurs façades largement fenêtrées, ornées de céramique italienne aux tonalités monochromes, un matériau noble et très performant. La construction de cet imposant édifice de près de 80 mètres de haut nécessitera un investissement d'environ 130 millions $ et devrait débuter à l'automne 2013 par la construction de la tour sud.

Baigné de lumière naturelle, la tour sud du Drummond comptera quelque 190 copropriétés ouvrant sur des panoramas grandioses côté fleuve, ville ou montagne. À ces espaces de vie privée s'ajouteront plusieurs aires communes dont un vaste hall d'entrée, un chalet urbain sur le toit fenêtré à 180 degrés avec terrasse et piscine extérieure à l'eau salée ainsi qu'une salle d'entraînement. Le Drummond comptera également un jardin-terrasse verdoyant à l'usage des résidents ainsi que cinq étages de stationnement intérieur au sous-sol.

Les unités auront une superficie de 440 à 845 pieds carrés, selon que l'on opte pour la formule studio, 1 ou 2 chambres. L'aménagement intérieur optimisera l'espace habitable tout en offrant un maximum de confort. Les unités aux lignes contemporaines proposeront notamment une fenestration abondante. La majorité des unités seront dotées d'un balcon.

Source: Constructo

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 10:05 PM
Look at me!

Meme s les hauteurs ne sont pas très impressionnante, la rue Drummond a besoin de ce projet. Presque 80m?

Last edited by Rico Rommheim; Jan 15, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 7:28 PM
testify

bon, un basilaire commun pour les deux tours, peut on, alors, anticiper que le basilaire soit bâti au complèt pendant la première phase du projet? là, quand même, à trois étages, ce basilaire ferait grand feu en ce qui concerne la rétablissement de la trame urbaine de la rue drummond, et il ajouterait une source de revenue constante au cas où la deuxième phase rencontre des delais imprévus. donc, sur les plans échéance du chantier et minimiser les coûts de route, on voit bien comment une telle approche ferait du bon sens... espérons, espérons.

eta: so will the shared podium be built out from the very start?

Last edited by easy as pie; Jan 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 4:36 AM
The good old days are now

Daytime render of Drummond condos. I actually like it.

http://www.projectnewhome.com/New-Co...chambres-5279/

Last edited by MTLskyline; Jan 23, 2013 at 5:17 AM.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2013, 5:44 AM

Old Posted May 16, 2013, 11:38 PM
Utilisateur enregistré

Here is a new render of this project, which I find much better. There will be 220 units instead of 195 and its height has been increased (i think it now has 25 or 26 floors).

Les Affaires

Old Posted May 16, 2013, 11:59 PM
Look at me!

^Great scoop, and great news!

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 12:10 AM

On the whole I think it's better, but I'm concerned about the addition of that broad strip of exposed concrete on the new design that wasn't present on the old one. It makes it much less elegant of a design.

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 12:29 AM

Thanks for the scoop!

Unfortunately, I think they ruined it. I liked the old one much better. The old was was a 7.5/10, the new one is a 5/10.

http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/drummond...miniums/photos

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 4:22 PM
Look at me!

Yup, the new one is really messed up. It tried to be all cool and shit, instead it looks confused. A mish-mash of tack.

So, with that brutalist little hotel planned across the street and now this, Drummond is going to resurrect quite unpleasantly.

Or maybe I'm being a tad too dramatic.

Last edited by Rico Rommheim; May 17, 2013 at 6:05 PM.

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 4:52 PM

I agree with you guys. We go from what looks like a glass curtain wall to a lot of spandrel and small windows. The base feels heavier on the new version, tower looks confused..

I'm happy about the height increase. I guess we'll have to see until we see a better render.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2013, 12:12 AM
Look at me!

The website is down and the sales office has shut down and packed out.

The drummond is finished, it seems.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2013, 3:19 PM
CGIste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
The website is down and the sales office has shut down and packed out.

The drummond is finished, it seems.
Found this article talking about it:
Developers Brace for End of Montreal's Condo Boom:

"Nearly 1,500 people signed up for information on Samcon's 190-unit Drummond Condominiums project when the developer began presales in January, Mr. Scalia said. But sales were slow, and Samcon pulled the project from the market in May for a full redesign with a new architect."

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 4:27 PM

Another new render. Now two 25 floor towers. Delivery: December 1, 2015.

I like it better than the second render, but still prefer the first. I'm a bit worried that it will be a mess of spandrel. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see the parking lots go, but I am sick of cheap-looking glass buildings. I would have prefered something more timeless in appearance that made use of quality stone, marble or brick, etc.

I find the height is problematic. It is kind of a weird middle ground between the large towers of René-Lévesque and the buildings of five floors and under on the opposite side of the street (and on Stanley). I think they would have done better to either build something much taller (i.e. combine the two 25 storey towers into one) to match the towers on René-Lévesque, or to have gone for a block-long row of attached 10 storey buildings, which would not have distorted the street's scale. Despite being a bit cheap looking, I found Flex Condos and Viva Lofts on Bishop did an very good job of making that part of the street feel more balanced.

http://www.samcon.ca/142-pictures/co.../drummond.html

Last edited by MTLskyline; Jan 8, 2014 at 4:46 PM.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 6:12 PM
CGIste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post
Another new render. Now two 25 floor towers. Delivery: December 1, 2015.
This one is still alive?

Last edited by jspetit; Jan 8, 2014 at 6:25 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive