HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 5:41 PM
BANNED

Damn I spent many mornings in that reservoir sleeping in my car before class.

Old Posted May 2, 2020, 11:39 PM

1228 Howard Street - I can see about 25% of this job site. The housing is at the corner of 9th Street and Howard.

1228 Howard_2020_05_02 (1)

Old Posted May 3, 2020, 1:21 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
... The housing is at the corner of 9th Street and Howard.
good to see this one underway. I had to remind myself which this was:

https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/us/1288-howard-street

Old Posted May 4, 2020, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
good to see this one underway. I had to remind myself which this was:

https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/us/1288-howard-street

Me too. Didn’t realize it was only five stories. For some reason I thought it was 8.

Old Posted May 4, 2020, 7:39 PM

Quote:
sorry, I thought it was apparent from the pics that work on both 2nd St and Folsom St was actively ongoing.
Thanks for adressing the point because it's only obvious to me that work is getting done if I see workers working in the photo and you mostly do your great photography on weekends it seems.

Now I hope somebody will tell us (me, if I'm the only clueless one) if work resumes on previously suspended projects as a result of the change in "lockdown" policy.

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 1:41 AM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Thanks for adressing the point because it's only obvious to me that work is getting done if I see workers working in the photo and you mostly do your great photography on weekends it seems.

Now I hope somebody will tell us (me, if I'm the only clueless one) if work resumes on previously suspended projects as a result of the change in "lockdown" policy.
I saw workers inside of 706 Mission today if that answers your question.

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 9:03 PM

a few more random shots from Second St...

looking east out from the South Park entrance

the south corner of the South Park entry

looking north, also from south side of South park entry (boarded-over bus island on right)

work at Taber Alley is progressing, with the raised entry complete

looking south from the corner of Bryant

Serif

sort of hard to tell, but there is a zig-zag fire-escape-looking thing on the face of the Market St prong of 1066 Market. I didn't stop long enough to determine if it is actually functional or decorative

1066 as a whole

this is on Valencia north of 14th, next to the Greek church

and, the cluster of affordable projects in the North Mission: the one at the corner of 16th and S Van Ness

the one a block or two to the east on 16th

the one that fronts the park at 17th and Folsom

and the relationship of these last two to eachother

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 9:39 PM

1700 Market at Gough & Haight

I don't find the brown color exciting to my taste

1700 Market St., San Francisco

Old Posted May 16, 2020, 6:32 AM

Hub vote *next* week

and new info about a potential fate for the Monster in the Mission site...

Quote:
The San Francisco Planning Commission Thursday delayed by a week a decision on a plan to advance development in a transit-rich 84-acre area centered around the intersection of Market Street and Van Ness Avenue.

A deal that is currently being negotiated by the Hub Coalition and a developer proposing to built a 55-story tower at 10 South Van Ness Ave. would involve the acquisition of the now-infamous "Monster in the Mission" site at 1979 Mission St. As I reported previously, Crescent Heights, which is seeking approval to develop the 966-unit tower, would acquire the Mission District site from Maximus Real Estate Partners and transfer it to the city or affordable housing organizations for development into affordable housing.

The commission is scheduled to take the Hub District Plan back up next week.

Old Posted May 18, 2020, 7:18 AM

the little Guy Pl Park on Rincon Hill has a fancy new fence

I went by the one recently completed (at least I think it is done) on California and Powell. I thought I remembered from the renderings that it was going to look a bit less plain, but overall I am still OK with it

Serif definitely showing some cladding

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 6:53 PM

Drove along Van Ness today, progress is continuing on the BRT project. They are still doing some sidewalk work and curb lane repaving between O’Farrell and Sutter, but have otherwise completed the entirety of the east side of the street. There also appears to be some final infrastructure work going on between California and around Sutter/Bush on the west side, but they have already started ripping out the old sidewalk between Broadway and Green. They have also started installing posts for the new traffic signals, which will allow them to finally finish all of the corners.

Looks like the end is finally in sight (for all of the work needed to actually start the BRT project lol).

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 6:10 AM

Hub plan approval

Hub plan approved by Planning

Quote:
Plan to increase density, height limits in ‘Hub’ area wins key approval
Ida Mojadad

San Francisco planning officials on Thursday granted a key approval for a development plan at Market Street and Van Ness Avenue that could bring more than 15,000 more residents to the area.

The San Francisco Planning Commission unanimously approved the Environmental Impact Report for the 84-acre development plan known as the Hub. Height limits approved for 18 projects where the Western Addition, South of Market, Civic Center and Mission neighborhoods meet are estimated to bring another 8,100 units.

The EIR groups together the Hub Plan and two mixed-use projects at 30 Van Ness Ave., a 45-story building with up to 11 floors of office space, and 98 Franklin St., a 31-story residential building on top of five stories for International High School planned for where a parking lot stands today.

Though the report itself was unanimously approved, some commissioners opposed voting on some changes to the Market Octavia Area Plan that the Hub is nestled within. Several public commenters felt there was a lack of deep race and socioeconomic analysis, and commissioners Milicent Johnson, Kathrin Moore and Theresa Imperial agreed.

Planning Department staff estimate that development from the changes could create or fund up to 2,200 affordable units and bring in $958 million through development fees for public benefits, ...

But with residents of the Hub area being relatively low-income — it has a median income of $72,031 compared to the citywide median income of $104,917 — community concerns persist that they will face price pressures as a result. ...

In addition to community input and social analysis, parking remained a sore spot in a transit-rich area, ...

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 5:11 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Officers report the fire caused a partial building collapse on the southern part of the pier, spread to two buildings on the pier and is in danger of spreading to a third, the Fire Department says.

More than 125 San Francisco firefighters are battling a four-alarm warehouse fire Saturday on Pier 45, the city's fire department says.

A quarter of the pier at Fisherman's Wharf "has been lost to the flames," according to the San Francisco Fire Department public information officer.
No injuries have been reported. The pier has been fully evacuated, the department says.
===============
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/us/sa...ire/index.html

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 5:25 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 6:55 PM

They got to use the fireboats!!

Wonder why they didn't move the Jeremiah O'Brien--hope it wasn't damaged. It's maybe more important than the pier.

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 7:03 PM

Quote:
As a reminder, a diagram of "The Hub" and rendering:

There's now a proposed deal to have the 10 S. Van Ness developer buy the "Monster in the Mission" site and donate it to the city for "affordable housing" as that proejct's affordable component. A lot of political capital would be earned by that and it might just get the thing built.

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As a reminder, a diagram of "The Hub" and rendering:

All these different height limits for each parcel have always seemed so arbitrary to me.

Old Posted May 24, 2020, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
All these different height limits for each parcel have always seemed so arbitrary to me.
That diagram threw me for a minute, One South Van Ness has no actual proposal for the moment, but the Hub overlay would allow that height to create a visual center, sort of the like the city's waterfront plan for three focal points (Transamerica, Embarcadro/FIDI/Soma and the Rincon Hill towers.

That would be a great view coming in from the 101 Southbound.

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Hub plan approved by Planning
current and proposed height limits, from the presentation to the Planning Commission; changes are outlined in orange

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 9:13 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations