HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 5, 2020, 10:22 PM

New Project!!!

Finally some news on a new project in Town. New mix-use development on the corner of 16th and State. Boisedev broke the news earlier today!

https://boisedev.com/news/2020/11/05...te-apartments/

It's a 7 story building, with 5 levels of residential. It's a nice bit of density for that area, which is what is going to bring out the largest amount of opposition... It'll also be interesting to see what ACHD has to say about the State St. entrance.

Overall, I like it. It's an interesting design (so far, lets see what the final material ends up as) and brings some of the downtown mix-use to the edge of the district.

Images from Boise PDS Online (or whatever it's called now)
https://permits.cityofboise.org/citi...howInspection=

Rendering:

Site Plan and Typical Floor Plan:

Massing:

Old Posted Nov 5, 2020, 10:39 PM

Also, if any one else follows Boise's online permit system, it appears they're finally uploading documents/drawings on them now.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 1:13 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVurban View Post
Finally some news on a new project in Town. New mix-use development on the corner of 16th and State. Boisedev broke the news earlier today!
This is going to be an excellent change for that intersection. I've already seen a few lamenting posts on social media about the loss of the gas station
mmmm...possibly a vanishinggasstation
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 6:51 PM
All man. Half nuts.

I'd be surprised if the neighbors don't complain about it blocking the sun or not fitting the neighborhood or something.

would be nice to see, though... that location is ideal for a higher-density project, just steps from Albertsons and restaurants.

the article says 7 stories, but the renderings clearly show 6. I hope they don't consider the roof to be a "story", even if it includes a rooftop patio or something.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 6:51 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Here's a view of the spanking new 11th & Idaho from The Eastman Garage.
Shot yesterday. I will be adding a few more downtown snow shots to my photo thread over in the city photo forum.

Downtown
by Sean, on Flickr
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Last edited by Sawtooth; Nov 12, 2020 at 2:45 PM.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 7:00 PM

That's a great pic.

State Street needs more density like that proposal next to Albertsons. CCDC is also working on high density units across from the YMCA on State.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 7:37 PM

Little Project - Big Impact

Little project alert!!
Joining the new housing project at 6th and Grove will be a 3-story office building on the same lot. The new building will take up an area previously called out for some private park/green space. This little infill piece with connect the tall 7-story building with the lower scale of main street. A nice little development I hope we see more of.
Permit:

If you go to the permit site, click on the document called "PDS-Maps and Drawings - DESIGN INTENT PERSPECTIVES". It easily contains another dozen renderings.

Site plan:

Renderings:

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 5:24 PM

That is a really nice infill project. I like the height and scale. Without onsite parking, do projects like this have to prove there will be sufficient offsite parking close by?

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panner View Post
That is a really nice infill project. I like the height and scale. Without onsite parking, do projects like this have to prove there will be sufficient offsite parking close by?
With it being located within Boise's P-1 parking overlay (darker area on the map below), they don't have to provide onsite parking or demonstrate availability of parking in the adjacent area.
With this being one of Clay Carley's developments, they'll have access to the private parking garage that was just completed a block away.

https://citycode.cityofboise.org/home/standard/11-05-05

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 10:46 PM

https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/...r-millennials/

https://www.realtor.com/research/top...-markets-2021/

Top Housing Markets for 2021

Quote:
4. Boise, ID

Median home price: $445,000
Home price change: +9.1 percent
Sales change: +9.8 percent
Combined sales and price growth: +18.9 percent

Idaho’s capital city is firmly establishing itself as a rising tech hub in the U.S. The area’s high quality of life and strong economy draw people from all over the country, with the biggest influx coming from Washington, Oregon and California. This trend has accelerated as the ability to work remotely has drawn many young workers looking for a slower pace of life, increased affordability, and access to the area’s many outdoor amenities. Boise offers residents a mild four season climate, a vibrant revitalized downtown with plenty of entertainment, as well as a plethora of restaurants and boutique shopping. Outdoor enthusiasts are drawn to the area’s adrenaline pumping outdoor activities such as white water rafting and four different ski resorts. New construction has been booming in Boise over the past few years as builders scramble to keep up with rising demand. Boise is no stranger to realtor.com®‘s Top Markets list, it was No. 1 in 2020 and No. 8 in 2019.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2020, 11:51 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

The most vibrant downtown between Portland and Denver sans Covid.

The priority with all of this growth is protecting and respecting some of the most exquisite outdoor wilderness areas in the country; which is our backyard.

I had my home appraised last week for a refinance and was pleasantly pleased There have been homes listed for sale near me recently, all over $700K and sold within a few days after being listed.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2020, 5:45 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVurban View Post
Little project alert!!
Joining the new housing project at 6th and Grove will be a 3-story office building on the same lot. The new building will take up an area previously called out for some private park/green space. This little infill piece with connect the tall 7-story building with the lower scale of main street. A nice little development I hope we see more of.
Permit:

If you go to the permit site, click on the document called "PDS-Maps and Drawings - DESIGN INTENT PERSPECTIVES". It easily contains another dozen renderings.

Site plan:

Renderings:

This is going to look nice.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2020, 5:46 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

11th Street
by Sean, on Flickr

11th & Idaho
by Sean, on Flickr

Idaho Street
by Sean, on Flickr

Eleventh and Main
by Sean, on Flickr

11th Street
by Sean, on Flickr

zoom
by Sean, on Flickr

The Smith Block
by Sean, on Flickr

lux
by Sean, on Flickr

by Sean, on Flickr

by Sean, on Flickr

by Sean, on Flickr

by Sean, on Flickr

by Sean, on Flickr

Last edited by Sawtooth; Dec 13, 2020 at 6:26 AM.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2020, 10:14 PM
All man. Half nuts.

here's a pdf that shows renderings of the artwork that will be installed on the blank garage wall on Front by the new Home2Suites:

https://ccdcboise.com/wp-content/upl...eeting-PPT.pdf

Old Posted Dec 17, 2020, 3:17 AM

Howdy friends in Les Bois! It looks like Boise Dev got the scoop about an updated proposal at 5th and Front.

I have to say, this project looks infinitely better than the first one that was proposed. The garage over Broad just seemed kind of wacky.

Anyway, I'm loving all the residential growth downtown. A special thanks to Sawtooth!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2020, 11:15 PM

The London

Thanks for the link GrandTeton.

Here are the renderings from Boisedev.

19-story condo tower planned for Downtown Boise

https://i1.wp.com/boisedev.com/wp-co...96%2C405&ssl=1

https://i1.wp.com/mk0boisedevcom5k1s...96%2C391&ssl=1

https://i2.wp.com/mk0boisedevcom5k1s...96%2C389&ssl=1

Quote:
Ludwig expressed enthusiasm about parking for the building.

“The cool think about it is it’s an elevator garage,” he said. “The cars aren’t on, there is no exhaust – you don’t have to design it like a parking garage with ramps and driveways.”

Using technology from Utron Parking, cars would enter the building along an alley way between Front St. and Broad St. Drivers would use a keyed-entry system and enter one of three elevator bays, then exit their car. The system would then hoist the vehicle to an available space in one of the building’s four parking levels. When someone wants their vehicle, they go back to the ground floor kiosk and the car is delivered back to the elevator. A driver gets in and drives away.

Ludwig said the robotic garage piece allowed him to revamp the project without the second building and skybridge.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2020, 9:24 AM
Meh

I did a thing. Sometimes I like making these for other cities just for kicks.

The London is modeled here in Google Earth at 335 feet, and I also included the Idaho Central Tower. I did the main tower at 210 feet, just an estimate, and the shorter 9-story tower at 100 feet.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 20, 2020, 2:50 PM
All man. Half nuts.

very nice!

unfortunately, the article on the London incorrectly stated the height. they issued a correction, but didn't confirm a new height. based on the rendering, it's probably in the 235 range instead of 335, but that's just a guess.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2020, 11:26 PM

While still brown-ish, this new tower is much better than pretty much anything else around DT Boise. A little surprised by the timing of this, considering Downtown is going through a hard time. Hopefully, it will bounce back. Given the type of people moving to Boise, I think large office parks will continue to be popular for businesses that choose to bring employees back. So I’m not hopeful for any “new tallest”.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2020, 12:40 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTeton View Post
Howdy friends in Les Bois! It looks like Boise Dev got the scoop about an updated proposal at 5th and Front.

I have to say, this project looks infinitely better than the first one that was proposed. The garage over Broad just seemed kind of wacky.

Anyway, I'm loving all the residential growth downtown. A special thanks to Sawtooth!
You're welcome.

Downtown is going to be a really busy neighborhood after all of these new residential buildings are occupied and this pandemic is under control.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West