HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 1:11 PM

Nice shots!!!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 1:15 PM
Arch. Engineer+Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfmcshan View Post
North Taney and Girard Ave (just west of Girard College) in 2011 and 2015. I saw this the other day, but was not able to snap a picture. It is much further along now.

They have been building this thing for like 3 years

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch+Eng View Post
They have been building this thing for like 3 years
Hardly. You can see on Street View that they were demolishing the old structure in May 2014, so construction started sometime after that. The September 2014 image shows foundation work underway. So it's been under construction for a little over a year.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
It's still crazy to me that million dollar houses are being sold in no libs. Those are really nice houses
I really like the townhomes going up in NoLibs. For some reason, developers in this neighborhood never felt beholden to red brick or traditional design. I'd love to see this type of design in Old City and other neighborhoods. Most townhome designs outside of NoLibs is timid and boring.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 3:36 PM
Arch. Engineer+Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by br323206 View Post
Hardly. You can see on Street View that they were demolishing the old structure in May 2014, so construction started sometime after that. The September 2014 image shows foundation work underway. So it's been under construction for a little over a year.
You can see in his 2011 street view pic that the demo started in 2011 too. I used to live on N. College Ave. and I would drive past this thing everyday. It took them forever to get to where they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I really like the townhomes going up in NoLibs. For some reason, developers in this neighborhood never felt beholden to red brick or traditional design. I'd love to see this type of design in Old City and other neighborhoods. Most townhome designs outside of NoLibs is timid and boring.
I agree, I really like the housing stock in Nolibs & Old city actually. I really wish it wasn't so expensive. I saw what I thought was a home on 3rd street for $1M. I thought hey maybe one day I can get up enough money for that. Turned out it was a small condo in the building and not the whole structure.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch+Eng View Post
You can see in his 2011 street view pic that the demo started in 2011 too. I used to live on N. College Ave. and I would drive past this thing everyday. It took them forever to get to where they are now.

I agree, I really like the housing stock in Nolibs & Old city actually. I really wish it wasn't so expensive. I saw what I thought was a home on 3rd street for $1M. I thought hey maybe one day I can get up enough money for that. Turned out it was a small condo in the building and not the whole structure.
They did start work in 2011 but whatever that was fell through. You can see in the 2012 street views that they had stopped and the buildings were boarded up, with no work going on. Work for this particular project started in 2014.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 12:31 AM

small projects ready to be photographed

I was round and about this week and noticed a few interesting things:

1) the Waverly addition and overbuild by Pearl at 13th & Lombard appears to be topped out at about six or seven floors.

2) At least two additional steel-framed floors are being added to a 4 story building at 2nd & Spring Garden across from Penn Herb. Framing is up.

3) Demolition and excavation has commenced on the 100 block of Arch on the site of what I believe is the National (6 or 7 stories I think). The L&I info board at the site is basically blank, which I thought was funny.

4) Excavation has begun at 2nd & New for the the heretofore aesthetically debated 6 story building there.

5) The Parker Spruce is completely fenced off. It appears interior gutting has commenced in earnest. That will be an interesting, likely disgusting interior demo job.

The east side of town is percolating, particularly now that OCCA is not there to put the kibosh on every new proposal.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 2:03 AM

Blighted Warehouse Getting Fixed Up at 9th & Poplar?

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...tting-fixed-up

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 2:04 AM

Apartment Building Coming Soon on 2nd Street

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...-on-2nd-street

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 2:16 AM

CDR Submission - Axalta Coating Navy Yard - 1050 Constitution Ave

http://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/pr...ttal_Final.pdf

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 6:57 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Some dude who I have absolutely no connection to whatsoever and who cannot possibly be hoping to get paid a decent amount for it wrote a really long detailed post about "Verdant Temple" for Hidden City Philadelphia:

http://hiddencityphila.org/2015/11/i...ointed-campus/

Now with more shiny renderings!

Shiny!

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Nov 15, 2015, 8:23 PM
Fishtown & Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Sunday, 11-15. Digging started.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2015, 8:40 PM
Fishtown & Country

Sunday, 11-15. Was surprised to see much of the National demolished. The 2nd St. frontage-

And around the corner, on Arch-

Old Posted Nov 15, 2015, 10:17 PM

Temple started demolition of the highschool on girard!!! Are they just going to put up a field??

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 2:51 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafeguy View Post
Temple started demolition of the highschool on girard!!! Are they just going to put up a field??
Every document I've seen says they're demolishing the rear wings of the structure but retaining the Broad Street building -- for a school of professional studies, IIRC. The parts of the site fronting 13th will be turned into new athletic fields.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blart View Post
Sunday, 11-15. Was surprised to see much of the National demolished...
The plan is to retain the orange tile façade and nothing else. The rest of the site will be rebuilt from the ground up.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 1:21 PM
BANNED

I saw the plywood going up on the old industrial building on 9th street, I was wondering what is going on in there. It would be great if that was really being turned into something useful.

Are there any renderings of what is going to be built at the National products site?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Blighted Warehouse Getting Fixed Up at 9th & Poplar?

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...tting-fixed-up
Is this PCA housing? What neighborhood is this? North Philly? Somewhat unusual to see standalone, single-family homes with lawns like this in the city. Outside the far Northeast anyway.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 2:20 PM
Arch. Engineer+Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Is this PCA housing? What neighborhood is this? North Philly? Somewhat unusual to see standalone, single-family homes with lawns like this in the city. Outside the far Northeast anyway.
Yup, its PHA housing. Yes, it is in North Philly.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
That entire neighborhood is single-family detached PHA housing. Definitely a huge candidate for redevelopment close to the core.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 3:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by br323206 View Post
That entire neighborhood is single-family detached PHA housing. Definitely a huge candidate for redevelopment close to the core.
I don't see that happening anytime soon. especially when there is so much vacancy between this area and Spring Garden Street.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development