HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 11:17 PM

OT, but I was just looking at BoA's existing Art Deco building on Lasalle and it would make one hell of a nice mixed use building. The narrow floor plates and abundance of windows would make for an incredible hotel / residential building. I want more residential and hotel embedded in the loop wherever possible to fill these dead zones with activity nights and weekends.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
OT, but I was just looking at BoA's existing Art Deco building on Lasalle and it would make one hell of a nice mixed use building. The narrow floor plates and abundance of windows would make for an incredible hotel / residential building. I want more residential and hotel embedded in the loop wherever possible to fill these dead zones with activity nights and weekends.
It's definitely heading that way. I just hope most of the building stock survives into the future to preserve the historic vibe of central LaSalle St. The west loop train stations are the mega magnet these days for corporate offices. When does CME bolt back to the west loop?

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 6:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubs111 View Post
^ Kind of surprised that gonna take that long before they break ground considering already have a substantial lease signed..figured they would be starting by fall...perhaps removing the current building will start then and by time site is cleaned and ready for caissons it will be second quarter of 2018?...still seems bit far out...
The existing building is still occupied. It will take time to vacate and relocate before demolition. And then things should start happening very quickly.

On a side note, I wonder if we will see barges like at 150. I don't know if thats been discussed yet

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 9:15 AM

^^^^yeah they talked about that in preliminary presentation I believe. Materials and equipment will be delivered via river and lower wacker.

I always wondered about vacancy of a building. Obviously buildings dont want to lose rent money by kicking out tenants early when nothing is set in stone or demolition isnt imminent but how long does a building have to be vacant before they can start demo? I guess its different if its only one company/buisness but if theres multiple companies do they have to wait until all of their rents run out or do they just get bought out to move out early?

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWILLSKYLINE View Post
^^^^yeah they talked about that in preliminary presentation I believe. Materials and equipment will be delivered via river and lower wacker.

I always wondered about vacancy of a building. Obviously buildings dont want to lose rent money by kicking out tenants early when nothing is set in stone or demolition isnt imminent but how long does a building have to be vacant before they can start demo? I guess its different if its only one company/buisness but if theres multiple companies do they have to wait until all of their rents run out or do they just get bought out to move out early?
Depends on the economics. If a buyout is cheaper than keeping the building only partially occupied they'll do that.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWILLSKYLINE View Post
Yes, you can see a couple of barges pictured here:

^Photo by BVictor1 (from page 2 of this thread)

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 1:47 PM
BANNED

^Hope they bring back Ol' Red from 150 N Riverside.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
Is that the one that sank?

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
Quote:
Is that the one that sank?
He means the crane, not the barge.

I highly doubt that'll be happening as they're not reaching over a core to install bulb tees over some train tracks.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 4:50 PM

Based on this Trib article, it sounds like this lease won't be a complete consolidation of BoA employees in Chicago: http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...04-column.html

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 1:25 PM
BANNED

A nice write-up on the tower at Curbed-

https://chicago.curbed.com/2017/5/9/...s-110-n-wacker

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 1:07 PM
BANNED

Not to get too off topic - but it's close-ish to Halsted - we can't be too far away from that 800 footer on Wacker breaking ground ✨ ✨ ✨

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyrview View Post
Not to get too off topic - but it's close-ish to Halsted - we can't be too far away from that 800 footer on Wacker breaking ground ✨ ✨ ✨
Are you referring to the one at 100 N Wacker, where the General Growth Partners building is located? They have to demolish that one first. Latest I heard, that won't happen until October at the earliest.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 4:41 PM
devout Pizzatarian

i just realized that if this tower does actually make it all the way up to 800', it would be the tallest office building built in chicago since 1990!

that's right, you have to go back nearly 3 decades to 1990 when 2 Prudential and 311 S wacker were completed to find an office building over 800' built in chicago.

though, 300 N lasalle came pretty close in 2009 at 784'.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 7:03 PM

good news

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 7:15 PM
BANNED

Whoa that's significant. it's gonna make all those drone shots from the west look even more sick.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 7:43 AM
Registered User, Maybe

Those vertical horizontal setbacks look great.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2017, 8:40 AM

So when is General Growth moving out?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2017, 5:55 PM
You had me at herro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickeNES View Post
So when is General Growth moving out?
My friend works for GGP, they're letting their lease be bought out and are moving during Q1 2018 across the river.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 12:48 PM
BANNED

^I've got drawings on my desk for a renovation to the 300 S Riverside entrance, which includes new signage that says "GGP". Work is supposed to begin in spring 2018.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive