HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 8:05 PM

I-15 In Utah County

I find it awesome that Utah County is now going to have one of the nicest up to date major metro status freeways in the west! I was able to drive from POTM to Provo a month or so ago and I-15 is now starting to look like it does in Salt Lake with 12 lanes, carpool lanes, and High Mast lighting! Its really coming along! Anyway, I was wondering if someone could take some photos of the progress? the time I was there it was nighttime so I didn't get the best of view. Maybe we could even make a Thread for the project called: Utah county I-15 core project?

Old Posted May 12, 2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Lehi is around 47,000 now. With all the available land they have, and the central location between the two counties, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get near 100,000 before you know it.
Agreed Tony. It wouldn't even surprise me if Lehi someday became the largest city in Utah County.

Old Posted May 12, 2012, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reachforthesky View Post
I find it awesome that Utah County is now going to have one of the nicest up to date major metro status freeways in the west! I was able to drive from POTM to Provo a month or so ago and I-15 is now starting to look like it does in Salt Lake with 12 lanes, carpool lanes, and High Mast lighting! Its really coming along! Anyway, I was wondering if someone could take some photos of the progress? the time I was there it was nighttime so I didn't get the best of view. Maybe we could even make a Thread for the project called: Utah county I-15 core project?
UDOT keeps a gallery here: http://www.i15core.utah.gov/gallery.php

The most recent pictures are from the end of March, but I think an update is due soon.

Old Posted May 27, 2012, 6:48 AM

Yeah I can't believe the continual growth in Lehi. Since it is positioned halfway between Salt Lake and Provo it seems to be a place to catch many workers from both areas. There are many subdivisions in the approval stages and even the 4th Thanksgiving Park building going through approval. They have plans for a 5th too after that. Adobe is planning to build 3 buildings total, no highrises unfortunately! The next phases will be built kind of on a demand basis. I would say Lehi would be over 100,000 at total build out. It kind of depends though because people want to preserve the agricultural feel of the city and many half acre lots would be built. There is land along 2100 north that has some medium and high density housing planned for sometime in the future. It will be interesting to see how the city evolves.

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 3:19 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrise_Mike View Post
Yeah I can't believe the continual growth in Lehi. Since it is positioned halfway between Salt Lake and Provo it seems to be a place to catch many workers from both areas. There are many subdivisions in the approval stages and even the 4th Thanksgiving Park building going through approval. They have plans for a 5th too after that. Adobe is planning to build 3 buildings total, no highrises unfortunately! The next phases will be built kind of on a demand basis. I would say Lehi would be over 100,000 at total build out. It kind of depends though because people want to preserve the agricultural feel of the city and many half acre lots would be built. There is land along 2100 north that has some medium and high density housing planned for sometime in the future. It will be interesting to see how the city evolves.
There is actually the potential for five buildings for the Adobe Campus, but three is the more likely build out.

If keeping the agricultural feel of the city is the goal, 1/2 acre lots are not the way to do that. There are other options to accomplish that, but planning commissions and City Councils are nervous to break away from the traditional. Conservation Subdivisions are a much more affective way to keep the open space while allowing for the same amount of homes. Example, rather than build 40 homes on 1/2 acre lots, the lots are reduced to 1/4 or even smaller and the remainder of the acreage is left is a more natural state, with some improvements and upkeep, and no this isn't the same thing as cluster housing. Conservation Subdivisions allow each house to face open space out the front door.

Another option is TDR's Transfer of Development Rights. The city designates what areas would be ideal for preserving agricultural land, and area where higher densities would be appropriate. The land owner of the saved open space has the option to sell the development rights to a developer and that developer can then increase the densities in the designated receiving sites. Only two cities in Utah have a TDR ordinance on their books, WVC and Mapleton, and Mapleton is the only one that has used, it, they used it to preserve hillside land.

Both these options were going to be major components of the West Side plan for Payson City. Yet I'm the one that can't find a planning job.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 4:51 AM

Most up to date layout for the new outlet mall in Lehi (Traverse Mountain):

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 2:06 PM
Bring out the cranes...

I thought the outlet mall would have a parking garage, but from that layout it doesn't look like it.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 4:59 PM

Looks like the outlets have a scheduled opening for November. Article also discusses how phase II will begin immediately after phase I is completed:

Outlets in Lehi set for November opening
Craig Realty president Steven Craig hosted a party Thursday afternoon with a few friends, business associates, city officials and media celebrating the topping off of a $70 million project that began in 2006, the Outlets at Traverse Mountain.

Stores at the mall are scheduled to open in time for the Christmas shopping season.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 5:15 PM

There you go, projects... that article states that there will be a multi level parking garage.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 8:29 PM

Quote:
From the Article:
South from the Outlets at Traverse Mountain and State Road 92 a business park with a hotel is planned; that could get under way within the year.
Does anybody have details on this planned business park and hotel, is this something that has been discussed on here?

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 12:11 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post
Does anybody have details on this planned business park and hotel, is this something that has been discussed on here?

Not sure now I feel about having another business park. I do like the idea of having a hotel in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
There you go, projects... that article states that there will be a multi level parking garage.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post
I drove by the outlet mall today and saw a sign on the south side of the Alpine highway with a rendering of either a business bldg or the hotel. It appeared to be 6-7 stories.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
I drove by the outlet mall today and saw a sign on the south side of the Alpine highway with a rendering of either a business bldg or the hotel. It appeared to be 6-7 stories.
I too saw the sign today. It looked like a 5-6 story office building. They are most likely advertising it to get tenants. I looked like a nice building. The new Adobe building looked cool too.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 3:09 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Drove by the Adobe campus today. Have they already began work on the 2nd Adobe building? Kind of looks like a foundation is being poured.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 3:44 PM

Adobe's Coming / It's a Big Deal

http://cityhomecollective.com/author/cody/

By Cody Derrick

Cody Derrick is the founder of cityhomeCOLLECTIVE, but he is far from your average realtor. Rather, he’s a rustic culturalist with a hint of urban sportsman. He’s the neighbor you always wanted. Cody offers every client his talent to help you uncover the place you call ______________ (insert: home, work, heaven, etc.). With a unique pairing model, which gives rise to the client mantra ‘love where you live’, Cody is pioneering a cultural and social movement for realtors spanning the globe.

I speak often to the importance of loving where you live. As it so happens, I’m just as adamant that you love where you work. Your happiness depends on both, actually. Thus, in the interest of conquering some simple math, we have an equation that will answer both calls. Live in Utah + work at Adobe = hooray.

It seems like a foolproof fix, people. According to Forbes‘ ranking of “America’s Best Places to Live“, Utah was ranked number one. Not second, or a humble position in the top ten…first [we happen to agree with all our might]. Couple that with Adobe’s landing on the list of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For, 2012” [for the 13th consecutive year, no less], and simple math becomes your best ally. Adobe will soon be a massive, modern, thriving part of Utah [a few stats can be found below the photos], and we trust that Forbes and Fortune know what they’re talking about. We have personal proof; my brother-in-law, Jeff, has lived in Utah and worked for Adobe for years…happy. Our new clients, Eva and David, are relocating to Utah for the same, simple reason [Adobe]…also happy.

COLLECTIVELY speaking, we’re really happy about the building. See for yourself — it’s a beautiful and modern project, to be modest. We stopped on our return trip from the Buddhist retreat, and we were aptly impressed. You should be, too. It’s a big deal.

Adobe Campus, June 29, 2012 - Cityhomecollective.com

http://cityhomecollective.com/author/cody/

Following Pics - Cityhomecollective.com

Project statistics:

38-acre lot, 19 acres on each side of Cabelas Blvd.
230,000 feet of office space
40,000 feet of amenity space
Indoor/outdoor cafe, full-size, indoor basketball court, exercise facility, showers and locker rooms, bike lockers
Large, outdoor, grass recreation area adjacent to cafe
Seating for more than 1,000 employees
Building will bridge 90 feet across Cabelas Blvd. at a 17.5′ clearance
Building will be 4-5 stories tall, stand over 70′ above the road, and will be built on 60-foot deep concrete piles
Project total cost $100+ million
Construction of phase one began June, 2011 with completion anticipated in October, 2012
Adobe’s campus could be expanded to accommodate future growth and become as large as 600,000 square feet with space for up to 3,000 employees
Timing of future phases will be dictated by future growth
State-of-the-art mechanical and electrical systems provide exceptional energy efficiency
The building will be LEED certified
Okland Construction is the general contractor

Last edited by delts145; Jul 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2012, 4:46 PM
Development Junkie

I love the rust orange color on the Adobe building. Even though it appears to be just a construction material, I hope it stays. It's a nice accent color.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2012, 8:45 PM

I saw this in a magazine:

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 2:37 PM

New outlet shopping center opens in November in Lehi

Douglas Barnes Photography

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...r-in-Lehi.html

By Jason Lee, Deseret News

LEHI — Utah shoppers will have a new place to conduct their "retail therapy" beginning this fall.

A $70 million, state-of-the-art shopping center opens in November that will be near the border of Utah and Salt Lake counties.

The Outlets at Traverse Mountain — a 225,000 square foot shopping center on a 50-acre site 30 miles south of Salt Lake City — is under construction near the Alpine/Highland exit along I-15. The center is a joint venture between Craig Realty Group and Lehi-based Legacy Retail, LLC...

..."(We) spent an inordinate amount of time really sweating the details to make it easy to shop," said Steven Craig, president and chief executive officer of Craig Realty Group.

He said the retail areas will be designed with no stairs for visitors to navigate, aiding in their ability to move about easily whether walking, traveling in a wheelchair or pushing a stroller.

"Our walkways are extraordinarily wide, so it's a very open, easy nonconstricted way to move about," he said. "You also (will be able to) walk around the entire project and never get wet if it's raining."

A system of awnings and skylights will provide coverage for shoppers throughout the project.

Douglas Barnes Photography

Upon completion, the project will also include a 12,000 square foot grand lobby anchored by a 50-foot fireplace that will be covered in natural stone.

“We have focused on assuring customers an unsurpassed shopping experience year-round,” Craig said, adding that the radiant heated walkways and two outdoor fireplaces that will offer patrons added comfort during the cold-weather months.

The project will also feature glass canopies covering exterior paths to protect shoppers from snow and UV rays while preserving the center’s open-air design...

...Craig said the first phase of the project could house approximately 85 retailers and restaurants. A second phase could be added in the next year or two, bringing another 30 tenants, he said...

...Confirmed outlet stores

Many retailers have confirmed plans to open at the Outlets at Traverse Mountain. The project could include up to 85 stores and restaurants upon its scheduled opening in November. New stores include:

Auntie Anne’s, Banana Republic Factory Store, Bass, Calvin Klein, Carter’s, Chico’s Outlet, Coach Factory, Famous Footwear Outlet, Gap Outlet, GoLite, Gymboree Outlet, IZOD, J. Crew Factory, Le Creuset, Levi’s Outlet Store, Nike Factory Store, OshKosh B’gosh, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Skechers, Tommy Hilfiger, Vans Outlet, Under Armour, Van Heusen

Last edited by delts145; Jul 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 3:41 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
...Confirmed outlet stores

Many retailers have confirmed plans to open at the Outlets at Traverse Mountain. The project could include up to 85 stores and restaurants upon its scheduled opening in November. New stores include:

Auntie Anne’s, Banana Republic Factory Store, Bass, Calvin Klein, Carter’s, Chico’s Outlet, Coach Factory, Famous Footwear Outlet, Gap Outlet, GoLite, Gymboree Outlet, IZOD, J. Crew Factory, Le Creuset, Levi’s Outlet Store, Nike Factory Store, OshKosh B’gosh, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Skechers, Tommy Hilfiger, Vans Outlet, Under Armour, Van Heusen

Reads very similar to Tanger Outlets in Kimball Junction.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 1:39 PM

Agreed, The difference would be certain improvements in the layout and climate control for patrons. From the description of ammenities, it would seem the physical makeup of this Outlet Center is more upscale than the Center at Kimball Junction. It sounds like it's a hybrid of Station Park, CCC and Tanger Outlets.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West