HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 4:29 AM
New Yorker for life

The view from Central Park is always great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the glass looks like absolute shit?
The glass hasn't been revealed, but it should look like the render below...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 9:30 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Pics by me. Taken today. CPT in the distance along with the big ass skyline.

One of my favorite city views, hence, I had to take a pic. You get a nice picture of me as a gift if you can guess the location!

Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 9:40 PM

^ I think that's from Throgs Neck Bridge?

Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 9:43 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Yup. There's a positive with that construction going on, that it causes traffic to go slow enough to get a really nice glimpse. Today was a high visibility day too. GWB offers great views as well, but I think the Throggs Neck view is the best, at least via the bridges.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 1:31 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Thank you (repeat about 100 times).

This is my favorite shot coz Dad would almost always take Lord Throckmorton when going upstate to Crestwood or points north/east. And each time I'd pray for a clear day too.

Looks like 30 HY's photobombing RCA/Comcast. And Verre looks most dignified where she is. Now imagine when:

A. 1 Vandy makes a trio of similarly peaked towers w/ ESB & Lady Chrysler.

2. 9 Dekalb, 80 South and 45 Broad from that more-or-less specific angle create the illusion of 3 supertalls standing together.

Matter of fact, I would like to make an official request to keep this pic (or a Whitestone view) aside so we can play with it like one of those "(City Name) 2020" deals.

But on topic, this view really puts into perspective how far Nordstrom's still has to go....

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 11:28 AM
New Yorker for life

JUNE 11, 2018

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 11:31 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

I like that angularly extended piece to the right.

It looks as if it'll go up the length of the top setback...maybe.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 10:24 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezrezc View Post

Matter of fact, I would like to make an official request to keep this pic (or a Whitestone view) aside so we can play with it like one of those "(City Name) 2020" deals.

But on topic, this view really puts into perspective how far Nordstrom's still has to go....
I'm going to retake it one day, but with a high quality camera. I'll just pretend I have a flat tire.

But I agree, best view of the city.

See, NYC is a rare kind of city when you view it. And not just homerism, no, please don't think that, but its one those places that you can see a million times, and your still damn impressed. Its like addiction for some, your just one relapse away from rock bottom, and the city is just that. I've seen this angle countless times, along with the GWB, and every damn time, I'm like holy fuck.

And believe me, I've traveled, I've tried to find other cities that give me that wow factor, but its never as good as an intravenous shot of 1000g/ml of NYC into the dome.

And with all of these super talls, its just overkill, but overkill is always good.

When you add one super tall, its a tragedy, when you add 12+ super talls, its a statistic.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 11:46 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

But if 12+ supertalls is a statistic, what's gonna happen when we start seeing clumps of highrises springing up from the UES all the way up to Yankee Stadium and beyond?

And how far north can the South Street vertical rise go as well?

Now we're looking down at Nirvana...in the abstract, of coruse.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 2:44 AM
New Yorker for life

On the way to supremacy in Midtown...

Rockaway Waterfront Alliance

ryshek

Last edited by NYguy; Jun 14, 2018 at 3:01 AM.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 4:48 AM
Mr. Technology

Imagine if there was no height limit.
The F.A.A. wouldn’t allow it.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 12:43 PM

it just need spire at last ,it will absolutely domine the skyline i hope garry barnett will add it imagine the cpt at 1775ft tall

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 5:54 PM
Mr. Technology

The spire was removed.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
The spire was removed.
We assume it was removed, because it no longer appears in renderings. But we don't know.

We don't even know if it was ever a thing, because it only appeared shortly. Either they changed their minds or didn't want to reveal the spire.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 10:44 PM
Mr. Technology

The spire:

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 11:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridnyc View Post
it just need spire at last ,it will absolutely domine the skyline i hope garry barnett will add it imagine the cpt at 1775ft tall
say what?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 10:32 PM
Astorian

June 15th, 2018

(Taken with my cellphone)

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 6:37 PM

I'm actually happy its going to be without the spire. IMO the midtown skyline already has too many of them, eg Bank of America, NYTimes and 4 Times Square. All vanity heights (except maybe 4 Times sq).
Besides One Vanderbilt will more than makeup with its own beautiful design and spire.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjr101 View Post
I'm actually happy its going to be without the spire. IMO the midtown skyline already has too many of them, eg Bank of America, NYTimes and 4 Times Square. All vanity heights (except maybe 4 Times sq).
Besides
First of all, the dominance that this tower would display would immensely overshadow the undergrowth of the BoA, NYTimes and 4TSq spires.

Quote:
Besides One Vanderbilt will more than makeup with its own beautiful design and spire.
But I must agree, that is a good way to cop out to your former statement. LOL IMHO

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 10:02 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
That's wrong. The Midtown skyline is a massive sea of boxes, not some mid-sized skyline. The One Vanderbilt spire will be fine - we think - for the corner it occupies.
But who knows what massive box Chase is going to build on their site. It could easily overwhelm One Vanderbilt, not to mention the future tall towers in that area the are coming.

The New York City skyline became famous the world over for the dramatic punctuation marks that claimed the pinnacle of the skyline as one world's tallest tower gave way to the next.
It's why some people still moan about the spires of 3 WTC being removed, or the sharp, cutting form of 2 WTC being ditched.

The undramatic, flat roofed towers are fine (see 432 Park) for where they are, but as the tallest in Midtown - even taller than the antenna of the ESB and spire of One Vanderbilt,
this tower needs to crown the skyline as is fitting, even if the spire as it was earlier designed could be worked better.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...91095&page=253

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive